Matt Short
Ashley Chandrasinghe
Sam Harper (wk)
Will Sutherland
Fergus O'Neill
Sam Elliott
Cameron McClure
Jon Holland

In: Matt Short, Campbell Kellaway*, Fergus O'Neill, Sam Elliott*, Jon Holland Out: Marcus Harris, Peter Handscomb, Mitchell Perry, Todd Murphy, Scott Boland
*First-class debut

TASMANIA
Tim Ward
Caleb Jewell
Matthew Wade
Ben McDermott
Jordan Silk (c)
Jake Doran (wk)
Beau Webster
Jarrod Freeman
Nathan Ellis
Jackson Bird
Peter Siddle
Tim Paine (12th)

In: Nathan Ellis Out: Riley Meredith

Tassie won the toss and elected to bowl. Seems like a good decision, Victoria are currently 6-81.

Last edited:

How does Maddinson keep getting a game, can’t remember last time he got a half decent score

Wheels have definitely fallen off for the Vics in the last 2 games

Think the only reason Maddinson is in the side is because we need some experienced players there to help all these young blokes,Dean is another for the same reason and should not be there.

How does Maddinson keep getting a game, can’t remember last time he got a half decent score

Wheels have definitely fallen off for the Vics in the last 2 games
He's had a bad season but he has credits in the bank from the last 4 years since moving down.

So Wade not keeping
Tassie has three keepers in the XI plus a keeper as 12th man.

They seem to prefer Doran as first choice now that Paine has been relegated to 12th man.

Three ducks in a row for Dean. Seems to make a score when he is about to be dropped. Then the cycle repeats itself. Run of low scores, something decent and then another run of failures. Time to move on from him I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's safe to say the shield will be between WA, QLD and TAS this season.
Curious to see how Tassie go against WA next week. WA firm favourites for me.

Rain forecast for late tomorrow and Sunday, Tas may need to bowl the vics out fast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back