• WA

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Equal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are WA still batting?

Reckon the plan is have a dash tomorrow & try and get 150 ahead and then throw Queensland in and hope they collapse. Even if they get back into the lead by 50 runs there might be time still to have a quick dash for the outright win. Still 102 overs for the day left so it’s still possible.

Pretty much rules out a Queensland win. WA are also outright leaders in the shield and QLD second so why would we even risk giving them a outright win and closing the gap.

QLD would have been hoping WA collapsed when they declared early giving them enough time to bowl them out twice.

another hundred for bancroft putting his name back in front of the selectors
They were exactly my thoughts when he toned up,
Solid performance, it absolutely disgusts me when people abuse international level cricketers, like they are AFL players or something.
State bias towards international cricketers is equally as appalling.

Yeah young fella has hit a bit of a wall of late.....the Shield hiatus probably has come at the best time for him, though he has that SA game....if he makes the 11.
He made a Grade hundred 7 days ago.
He might need to work on his play against spin.
I was keen for him to move into the middle order, now I’m not sure, because of the spin early weakness.

I’m now keen to see him open, and move Whiteman to 3.

National junior carnival coming up, I’m sure he’ll shine in the opening slot.

I’d love to be a selector for WA right now, you could have so much robust and positive cricket discussion. Really strong outfit.

Feels weird that Bancroft could be next in line to return to the Aussie team after his slump a couple of years ago. Good on him for grinding it out, though I'm not sure it would be a popular recall.
Fair call, but he keeps presenting.
I’ve felt Bancroft (Cam, Cammy), has been slow moving up the levels. He’s almost ready for Australian consideration again.

Fair call, but he keeps presenting.
I’ve felt Bancroft (Cam, Cammy), has been slow moving up the levels. He’s almost ready for Australian consideration again.
Three tons and averaging 48.00.

He's batted on some lively pitches and I reckon he's received a few howlers this year from the umps as well.

I'd be disappointed if his past deeds ruined his chances of a possible comeback.

I still rate him above Harris and he's a lot better fielder.

Three tons and averaging 48.00.

He's batted on some lively pitches and I reckon he's received a few howlers this year from the umps as well.

I'd be disappointed if his past deeds ruined his chances of a possible comeback.

I still rate him above Harris and he's a lot better fielder.
And his Ton in the shield final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bancroft still has the very obvious technical deficiency of falling over his front pad that I feel would be exploited by quicks at international level, it's always been in his game, even since he was playing u19 cricket for Australia and for whatever reason he has never really appeared to try to rectify it. Reminds me of his return to the BBL following his ban and James Pattinson gave him the cheeky sledge of "you've had 9 months to try to stop falling over your front leg", so it's hardly a secret. He is clearly very strong mentally and has played some incredibly gritty innings throughout his career but I am not sure I can ever see him really making a buzz at the next level. Happy to be proved wrong if he eventually gets another shot at test level, but I won't be holding my breath. Looked like a fish out of water against Anderson and Broad in the 2019 Ashes despite coming in to that series on the back of some pretty reasonable county form.

Last edited:
Bancroft still has the very obvious technical deficiency of falling over his front pad that I feel would be exploited by quicks at international level, it's always been in his game, even since he was playing u19 cricket for Australia and for whatever reason he has never really appeared to try to rectify it. Reminds me of his return to the BBL following his ban and James Pattinson gave him the cheeky sledge of "you've had 9 months to try to stop falling over your front leg", so it's hardly a secret. He is clearly very strong mentally and has played some incredibly gritty innings throughout his career but I am not sure I can ever see him really making a buzz at the next level. Happy to be proved wrong if he eventually gets another shot at test level, but I won't be holding my breath. Looked like a fish out of water against Anderson and Broad in the 2019 Ashes despite coming in to that series on the back of some pretty reasonable county form.
Yeah it amazes me that it has not been rectified...but he has learned to deal with it ..does worry me though if he gets another chance at the international level...

Saying that though he is scoring hundreds and that's all you can ask

WA bowling some pretty tidy lines, but great to see Renshaw digging in and showing some patience.....something Warner didn't show v Seales and Roach. Matt Kelly is having a great season, as well as Paris and Morris too, hopefully these guys get a look in for the Ashes tour.

The wild thing is currently along with Neser the leading wicket taker in the shield with 24 poles...check out the strike rate

PlayerMatInnsOversMdnsRunsWktsBBIBBMAveEconSR510
MG Neser5*9145.544332245/369/7013.832.2736.420
(Queensland)
LR Morris5*8132.118475245/369/8219.793.5933.010

The wild thing is currently along with Neser the leading wicket taker in the shield with 24 poles...check out the strike rate

PlayerMatInnsOversMdnsRunsWktsBBIBBMAveEconSR510
MG Neser5*9145.544332245/369/7013.832.2736.420
(Queensland)
LR Morris5*8132.118475245/369/8219.793.5933.010
The huge difference is pace.

Nothing against Neser or the others, but sheer pace is like gold.
The Poms face bowlers like Neser, Siddle all of the time.

See Morris got a "hit wicket" this game.
He's capable of blasting sides out.

Last edited:
I know Inglis doesn't get a whole lot of opportunities to play FC cricket but his record must be abysmal across the chances he has got in the Shield, County, Aus A and Pm's XI the last 2 years or so. Can't remember him doing anything substantial in FC cricket since he piled runs on those crap flat Adelaide pitches at the start of the 2020/21 season.

Bancroft having a good season. His third ton is most in the comp. He still seems to have trouble with his front pad tho. Heck he has had ages to rectify that flaw in his technique.
For mine the bloke that deserves to be on the CA radar, is Bancroft's partner and skipper Sam Whiteman. He has probably been the most solid opener over the past three seasons. With our next gen probably a few years off being 'cherry ripe' for a Test cap, Renshaw and Whiteman would make an adequate and experienced opening pair after our two ageing incumbents call it quits.

Last edited:
Honestly I reckon Bancroft fits into the Harris camp of ‘above FC but below Test level.’
Agreed. Renshaw is the next cab off the ranks for me.

I know Inglis doesn't get a whole lot of opportunities to play FC cricket but his record must be abysmal across the chances he has got in the Shield, County, Aus A and Pm's XI the last 2 years or so. Can't remember him doing anything substantial in FC cricket since he piled runs on those crap flat Adelaide pitches at the start of the 2020/21 season.
and thats been the problem....in and out of teams as the reserve keeper....has not been able to have a stable format for a while

was player of the match against SA last marsh cup game...got 80 odd

Inglis has had zero continuity with his cricket, not doing him any favours.

Sandhu quietly having a really good season, no? Good to see.

Watched him bowl at the WACA going okay ....good shield bowler but lacks pace for me ..still a work in progress

saying that will probably take 5 for today lol

Back