Votes: 2 66.7%
  • WA

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Equal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Inglis has had zero continuity with his cricket, not doing him any favours.

Sandhu quietly having a really good season, no? Good to see.
I do understand that to an extent, but he has still played 7 or 8 FC matches in the shield, county and for Aus A and the PM's XI in the last few years for a single 50. If he is as good as we were all starting to believe around 2020 then you would still expect him to at least make a few more scores across that many matches when he has got the chance.

This bloke does not get talked about much, but Hilton Cartwright is in the kinda form that saw him wear a Baggy Green a few years back. Was only given a piddling two games then. Anyway Carts is coming off a superb '21/22 and he is again in the runs this season. In fact he has often played the anchor role and is a terrific team man. Reckon he'd provide stability in the middle order. Perhaps age is now against him tho, the same as Sam Whiteman.

Last edited:

Inglis has had zero continuity with his cricket, not doing him any favours.

Sandhu quietly having a really good season, no? Good to see.

Inglis is experiencing precisely what Alex Carey did for 2-3 years. There was no sympathy for Carey, so I expect none for Inglis as well.

Last edited:
This bloke does not get talked about much, but Hilton Cartwright is in the kinda form that saw him wear a Baggy Green a few years back. Was only given a piddling two games then. Anyway Carts is coming off a superb '21/22 and he is again in the runs this season. In fact he has often played the anchor role and is a terrific team man. Rechon he'd make an excellent middle order player for us. Perhaps age is now against him tho.
Best fielder in the country but its frustrating when he gets a score he throws it away with a rash shot...too many 70/80s for me needs to kick on and score tons

I do understand that to an extent, but he has still played 7 or 8 FC matches in the shield, county and for Aus A and the PM's XI in the last few years for a single 50. If he is as good as we were all starting to believe around 2020 then you would still expect him to at least make a few more scores across that many matches when he has got the chance.
Still is the best pure gloveman in the country IMO...for me as the best keeper Inglis then Peirson with carey about 3/or 4

Careys from leading up to test selection was woeful his shield form was terrible...it was only the 100 he got in the marsh cup that helped him get selection

Inglis is next in line just needs a bit of continuity in the shield

I’m now keen to see him open, and move Whiteman to 3.
A good call. He has said he prefers to bat top three as he loves batting time. Is he currently batting there for Rockingham/ Mandurah. Not watched WA PC for a while. Doubt very much Teague has spin problems as he learnt from a young age the correct way to play spin, use good footwork and the entire crease when he was tutured by a family friend and former pro cricketer. They made a series of videos which are in the public domain for all to see.

Last edited:
Ashton Agar showing he is still a dangerous red ball batsman with a quick fire 72 as WA eyed a declaration. I liked his two gears. Supported Bancroft early and then when it came time to push the button he savaged the Bulls bowling, specially Sangha and Swepson. He is a talent. Needs to be batting in more Shield games.

Last edited:
Ashton Agar showing he is still a dangerous red ball batsman with a quick fire 72 as WA eye a declaration. I liked his two gears. Supported Bancroft early and then when it came time to push the button he savaged the Bulls bowling, specially Sangha and Swepson. He is a talent. Needs to be batting in more Shield games.
If he doesn't start getting some wickets, he might struggle to keep his spot IMO.

Has been outstanding this match.. standing back and up. They say the true mark of a good keeper is not noticing him. If you do then he has made a telling boo boo. Inglis is also a top class keeper. No doubt next in line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decent figures by the fastest bowler in the country, Lance Morris. 7-5-2/3. Make that 3/3. Paris bowling well again. WA batted too long IMO but they may now pull off an incredible win.

6/34!

spicy tongue GIF

Wonder if Morris or Paris will get a look in for the Adelaide test with Cummins in doubt.....bit left field, but both are bowling beautifully at present.....though Boland will be hard to ignore after his Boxing Day test figures from last year......

Wonder if Morris or Paris will get a look in for the Adelaide test with Cummins in doubt.....bit left field, but both are bowling beautifully at present.....though Boland will be hard to ignore after his Boxing Day test figures from last year......

If I was to guess, Boland into team and Steketee into squad. If Starc went down then I think Paris would come into the equation.

Close but no cigar. Would've probably stitched up top spot but it's gonna take a massive choke not to make the final from here.

I know Inglis doesn't get a whole lot of opportunities to play FC cricket but his record must be abysmal across the chances he has got in the Shield, County, Aus A and Pm's XI the last 2 years or so. Can't remember him doing anything substantial in FC cricket since he piled runs on those crap flat Adelaide pitches at the start of the 2020/21 season.
Was thinking exactly the same thing today actually.
Really happy with now we are travelling obviously, but it would be nice if we could get a couple of Inglis, Philippe, Fanning, Short, Turner etc to become the players they can be down the order.

Was thinking exactly the same thing today actually.
Really happy with now we are travelling obviously, but it would be nice if we could get a couple of Inglis, Philippe, Fanning, Short, Turner etc to become the players they can be down the order.
Yep
We need a bit more from our middle order.

Being carried a bit by the top 3.

A good call. He has said he prefers to bat top three as he loves batting time. Is he currently batting there for Rockingham/ Mandurah. Not watched WA PC for a while. Rather surprised Teague has spin problems as I have seen him negotiating the turning ball with little problem in a series of videos he made with his long time mentor/coach. Uses his feet unlike most of our state players.
He opens for Mandurah, and the underage Australian and WA sides.
Has been working on his play against spin, with the sweep shot prominent with his coach, suggesting they are aware his skills against quality spin isn’t perfect.

Back