Game Day Game 2 Marsh Series v Swans Kingston Ovals Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly you didn’t see Glenn Trimble’s ODI debut mid 80’s.

Nope taken into account and that test cricketer Chris ....... something. Luke was coughing up goals dropping marks and more than once hit himself on the head like he was trying to kick start his brain. That I could relate to.
Then finished of with the fish impersonation.

He tries hard I can see that, but footy and him is like me and meditation........ we're just not suited

Chris Matthews. Left-arm quick from WA. In his first test, he couldn't land it on the pitch for love nor money.

Chris Matthews. Left-arm quick from WA. In his first test, he couldn't land it on the pitch for love nor money.

Yes that was the poor blighter- good get. Luke had a similar experience today, although he did improve in the last quarter. Which is a bit like mad Mike and his homemade rocket ship ( how awesome?) which went a bit higher last time....

What's not to love about flat earthers?

Yes that was the poor blighter- good get. Luke had a similar experience today, although he did improve in the last quarter. Which is a bit like mad Mike and his homemade rocket ship ( how awesome?) which went a bit higher last time....

What's not to love about flat earthers?

I used to work with Graeme Wood who played a heap of FC cricket with Chris Matthews back in the day and was his captain for a long time. Woody rated him extremely highly as a bowler and said he basically just choked.

Last edited:
I used to work with Graeme Marsh who played a heap of FC cricket with Chris Matthews back in the day and was his captain for a long time. Woody rated him extremely highly as a bowler and said he basically just choked.

Yeah cricket can be a lonely game, they call it a team sport but at days end you're bowling or batting all by yourself. Matthews was a fine state cricketer for sure.

Just finished watching it now.

A far better effort and good to see the youngsters (plus Higgo) leading the way.

Curtis has been fantastic all preseason and Larkey looks like he wont have second year blues.

The second half looked ok - without JZ and Cunners. Amazing what a better balance of outside/inside mid can do to a team.

The usual dud suspects produced the usual nothing results but no one - including Shaw - should be surprised by that.

We need to keep pumping games into the youngsters (including Bailey Scott!) - its our only way forward form this predicament we are in (our older and younger guys are ok but the middle years are a basket case).

It will be a long year for us - out depth is so poor - but it will be good to watch the youngsters come on.

It's weird how the midfield functioned so much better with Jack and Cunners on the pine, surely there is a bit of a lesson to be learned there, also, we are in dire need of a shutdown/run with tagger asap, come on Kyron, get back soon. Taylor and Hall both very good, Larkey coming along very nicely too.

It's weird how the midfield functioned so much better with Jack and Cunners on the pine, surely there is a bit of a lesson to be learned there, also, we are in dire need of a shutdown/run with tagger asap, come on Kyron, get back soon. Taylor and Hall both very good, Larkey coming along very nicely too.
Did Jack have any CBAs?

20+ possessions from a half forward for North?

******* what!

Taylor gets picked ahead of Zurhaar, Turner, Garner, Mahony for that reason.

He just gets the ball.

Just imagine what it’s going to be like when Will joins in with Thomas and Taylor!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’d like to think Ziebell won’t be playing in the middle at all anymore.

Ziebell and Zurhaar could just be given 5 minutes game time through the midfield to polish off the guys who are left behind after Cunnington and Jed have punished them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

everything is proceeding exactly as I have foreseen

We looked ALOT better with Bonar and Hall around the contest, they just have the pace to make a difference in attack and defense.

Club has some decisions to make about some rusted on players.
If only people had listened to me when I floated trading JZ a few years back. The argument was...you don’t trade your captain. Well, do you drop him to the 2’s?

RS: A good win. It solidifies what we’ve been trying to build this pre-season. A win gives us some momentum for Round 1.

RS: Credit to Sydney as well, they played some good footy. We fought back well to get the win.

RS: Cunners and Ziebs were given the second half off, just managing loads.

RS: Curtis has really knuckled down since Christmas. He got some great rewards today, and has put his hand up for Round 1.

RS: It’s great to see Hally back out there. He’s another who has worked hard since Christmas.

RS: No real injury concerns that I’m aware of. Larkey got a big hit but he should be alright.
?

I didn't say any of that...

If only people had listened to me when I floated trading JZ a few years back. The argument was...you don’t trade your captain. Well, do you drop him to the 2’s?
Ziebell as a leader should do the right thing and say, look, I'm not ready yet, I'll spend some time in the VFL to get my touch/form up to where it should be.

Didn't Swallow spend some time in twos? Or was that before he was captain?

We looked ALOT better with Bonar and Hall around the contest, they just have the pace to make a difference in attack and defense.

Club has some decisions to make about some rusted on players.
From past experience I expect the decision will be 'as you were' unfortunately.

The singling out of LMac and JMac in this thread is laughable. They looked fine in the second half when our midfield became more accountable.

And Jack, Sheesh it was his first game give him a game at least to blow out the cobwebs, he will be fine up forward with spells in the middle when we need done extra aggression at the contest.

I thought we played well for 3 quarters with the second half really pleasing seeing the younger blokes stand up and lead the way.

Bonar on Kennedy worked as he kept him to 12 possession and ineffectual in the second half and his aggression and pace around the contest a welcome addition. Hall was great in the second half when he came on, was clean with great movement through traffic.

Loved Majak's second half, showed a lot of good signs and Polec looks as if he hasn't missed a beat.

I saw some good signs today and more bullish about round 1.

Last edited:
Chris Matthews fan here.

He wasn't *that* bad, particularly on debut. But we were terrible in that series - Geoff Lawson took 0-170 in that second test, for instance - and he probably got the career he deserved: solid contributor at shield level and a few tests as the reward.

matthews.JPG

Ziebell as a leader should do the right thing and say, look, I'm not ready yet, I'll spend some time in the VFL to get my touch/form up to where it should be.

Didn't Swallow spend some time in twos? Or was that before he was captain?
IIRC, Swallow only spent time in the twos (as captain) to get back to match fitness after he did his achilles in 2013.

Now I 'm basing this on half a game viewing. We have some top kids coming through. Zurhaar I love, but he needs to lay a brute tackle in the run on the way out to the first quarter, because he's taking to long to get in the game. Curtis just great, bit quiet after the head knock, but nothing to bad. Love watching the athletic genius of Maj.
Larkey looks ok one on one in the marking comp, just need zeibs to stay out of the bloody way.
I thought the backline looked ok today for the most part, at the risk of being bombarded by abuse, J. Mac did some good stuff, runs hard, gets to the spot, his kicking was far better than a lot of them out there. From what I have seen, I can't understand the hate.
Cunners has clearly made some changes to his inside game, he's moving better.
L.Mac is not a tagger, I'm m not sure what he is, I haven't seen an AFL player running in a circle amongst the opposition in the mid field looking like a bobble head before 🤦
A.Hall shows so great stuff he needs to stay in the game more.
Like what Walker brings to the backline.
Looking forward to seeing WW, Kyron and EVW coming back.
BB has been missed so hopefully he'll be back soon
Jasper, has a Sherrin face tat to take home😃 could have a career in soccer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back