Game Day Game 2 Marsh Series v Swans Kingston Ovals Tasmania

North11

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You just reinforced my point. Today was his first hit out, and he was a mile off it. On that performance (forget that he's captain), he shouldn't be playing round 1. The best thing for the team is for him to start in the VFL and work into some form.
So by your logic Cunnington shouldn’t play considering he was a mile of his best?

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Very impressed by your young fella Taylor today - looks a star. What's his story?
Halfway through the 2018 draft, our recruiters noted that we had enough points to match a bid for Bailey Scott, and that this Calder Cannons youngster was still on the board. This was despite CT being a projected top 30 pick, and even invited to the night 1 draft because a first round selection wasn't out of the question.
So we did a deal with the Doggies and picked him up at 46.
Early days but it's feeling like a very astute move so far 👍

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
That was better

Pros
Taylor - haven’t had a petfince like that since Patch Adams
Majak worked into it beautifully
Larkey is growing with every game.
Tarryn will be that good they’ll only use his first name when referring to him.
Jy taking another step.
Hall did some good things.
Goldy/Higgo are just stars
Bonar getting that clearance and putting a gap in 4 steps

Cons

to many missed tackles
Lack of discipline- frees/50s
Lmac thinking his Glendinng
Umpire no1 just hates us - was calling everything one way
Jed was good but fumbles kill you in today’s footy
Zurhaar needs to get more involved

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Very impressed by your young fella Taylor today - looks a star. What's his story?

Very smart kid with massive upside. He clearly reads the play well and knows where to find it. Very good skills by hand and foot with a great set of hands.
He was pretty lean and raw coming into the club and obviously has a bit more work to do. He still managed a couple of games in his first year and showed good signs. If he continues to develop I see him in the Robbie Grey type of mould splitting time in the midfield and up forward.
He slid to pick 46 in the 2018 draft and we traded live on the night to snap him up. A lot of mocks at the time had him going in the 15-25 bracket. He was actually invited to the draft as a possible first round pick, so one or multiple clubs had him in first round calculations.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
WTF?
Daw has shown nothing in the 3 games to indicate he lacks fitness. He was out on the ground today for either all or most of game time.

when I say fitness, I do not just mean ability to run out games. Fitness in my définition is the ability to remain competitive over a full game. A top afl player should never look like passengers. He needs to get match fit as opposed to being physically fit.

We have to remember that Sydney played a stronger team in the first half. Ziebell & Cunnington were on for us when Kennedy was up and about. Kennedy was used more sparingly in the second half. So, we got on top of their second string midfield. I’m not knocking it, just stating it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hopefully, Bonar delivers for us but I wouldn’t get too carried away with his performance today. Six disposals in a half of football is not anything to hang your hat on. Jack managed seven and we’re hanging s**t on him even though it was his first hit-out.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hopefully, Bonar delivers for us but I wouldn’t get too carried away with his performance today. Six disposals in a half of football is not anything to hang your hat on. Jack managed seven and we’re hanging s**t on him even though it was his first hit-out.

I think he was tagging Kennedy

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
when I say fitness, I do not just mean ability to run out games. Fitness in my définition is the ability to remain competitive over a full game. A top afl player should never look like passengers. He needs to get match fit as opposed to being physically fit.

I thought he ran out the game pretty well considering he played a lot of minutes. He got to a lot of contests in the second half to spoil and took a few good intercept marks. I actually thought he got better as the game went on.
We didn’t have a lot of quality tall forwards to contend with, but I thought Daw had a lot of their entries covered and they didn’t look like doing much in the air.
Personally I think he is a certainty for round 1.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
So by your logic Cunnington shouldn’t play considering he was a mile of his best?
1) If they're not right, don't play them
2) He did get injured 2 weeks ago
3) We looked better today around the ball when he was off

We need to get away from this stupid logic of playing blokes on name, rather than merit.

Was actually more referring to Dumont and Anderson actually.

I thought Anderson was good, won a lot of the ball, maybe had one s**t kick but it still worked out.

Dumont struggled, so did a few regulars from the last few years.

But in the second half, when we got on top in the midfield, JZ and Cunners were off the ground. So was Kennedy for what that's worth.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Again, there was nothing evident today to indicate that he wasn't competitive for the full game.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
I thought he ran out the game pretty well considering he played a lot of minutes. He got to a lot of contests in the second half to spoil and took a few good intercept marks. I actually thought he got better as the game went on.
We didn’t have a lot of quality tall forwards to contend with, but I thought Daw had a lot of their entries covered and they didn’t look like doing much in the air.
Personally I think he is a certainty for round 1.
Nothing surer (Shawrer?). Rhyce isn't going to give him 3 full games, where he's got better each game, just to drop him for round 1. He will be needed against the Saints talls.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We have to remember that Sydney played a stronger team in the first half. Ziebell & Cunnington were on for us when Kennedy was up and about. Kennedy was used more sparingly in the second half. So, we got on top of their second string midfield. I’m not knocking it, just stating it.

To answer both posts, Bonar was playing a tagging role on Kennedy.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Some good stuff and some usual BS.

Pittard not with it yet nor is CZ.
Jmac trailing his man and missing tackles.
Lmac strange game, bit of this bit of that, nothing special.
We looked better when JZ and Cunners(looked underdone) were off the ground. I've given up on JZ not hack kicking when he is in clear space at least 5 times a game.
Garner, where is he at?

Maj, nice to see him getting back into it.
liked what i saw from Larkey and Taylor
Walker is a nice stop gap solution for now.
Hall provides something different.
Goldy looks like he will hit the season in decent form.
Higgins always great to watch.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I went to the unusual extent of undertaking an experiment by not watching yesterdays match live, rather preferring to log in here and take on board posters commentary of the game, then watching a recording of the match last night, and my strong conclusion was that there was some absolutely woeful criticisms of certain players that were little more than exhibitions of outright negative confirmation bias (as mentioned by Hearts to Hearts). You folks are making yourselves look silly.

I can also see that the practice of praising a particular player for no other purpose than to provide a platform to shitcan another player, is still a practice that is very much alive and well.

Last edited:

The chorus

All Australian
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I went to the unusual extent of undertaking an experiment by not watching yesterdays match live, rather preferring to log in here and take on board posters commentary of the game, then watching a recording of the match last night, and my strong concussion was that there was some absolutely woeful criticisms of certain players that were little more exhibitions of outright negative confirmation bias (as mentioned by Hearts to Hearts. You folks are making yourselves look silly.

I can also see that the practice of praising a particular player for no other purpose than to provide a platform to shitcan another player, is still a practice that is very much alive and well.
I was out and came home during the third quarter without knowing the score. I logged on here first and read the comments and thought we must have been about 20 goals behind at half time. I was surprised to then go to AFL website and discover that we were just a goal down and right in the match

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The Match.

Better, but still not good. Dot point takeaways.

- Xerri and Mahoney are not quite up to speed with the pace of AFL.
- Anderson & Dumont's disposal remains an issue. Intensity around the contest is still excellent.
- McDonald & Ziebell are not match fit.
- Curtis Taylor is ready to go. Class.
- Jy Simpkin looks ready to take the next step.
- Goldstein is the single most important asset in the team.
- Zurhaar finally worked in to the game as it proceeded.
- Tarrant, Walker and Daw have earned round 1 defence spots.
- Larkey is producing better football than Drew Petrie at the current respective stages of their careers. Will be a top shelf AFL KPF when he puts on another 5kgs+.
- Bonar just needs ~20 games to settle and will be an AFL quality midfielder.
- Marley Williams is going to be a big loss, and the club needs to add depth in the quick forward defender match ups.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Good second half. The margin flattered Sydney as they got a few goals from soft umpiring.

Simpkin 15 CP :thumbsu:

How monumentally ****ing bad was the umpiring?

They are very close to making this sport unwatchable.

Back