State of Origin Game 2: New South Wales v Queensland

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Very poor refereeing. Shayne Hayne Man of the match I hope

How do you know when a plane full of Queenslandets has landed?
The engines have stopped but the whining continues.

Suck it up. The better team won.

Aug 27, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
How do you know when a plane full of Queenslandets has landed?
The engines have stopped but the whining continues.

Suck it up. The better team won.

is that the best you can come up with

didn't your coach campaign for shayne hayne to be dumped from game 2. if that isn't a king sized sook i don't know what is

Oneiros

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, San Jose Sharks
That was ... you know, that was a bit s**t. I gotta be honest. Watched the whole thing, can't help but feel score-line had more to do with people being wasteful than with defensive intensity.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
well..... it was one of the worst origin games i've seen. the first half was definitely the worst origin half i've seen. the second half better, but not by a whole lot.

when you got those low scoring halves normally it's a result of tough defence, but I didn't think there was too many big hits or anything like that. it was a tough half of footy no doubt, but i don't think it was a really tough half of footy. there was obviously some pretty tough stuff going on but mostly the first half was just niggly shite. throwing slaps (wtf?).... both sides guilty of the niggle.

the second half opened up a bit. the first ten minutes of the second half was reall entertaining and from about minute 65 to 75 was pretty good to.

the rest of the game was very conservative.

BUT

I could not give one single ******* s**t right now. great game, s**t game, a game of netball. who gives a *.... We finally got that win. the emotion from Hayne afterwards was special. the emotion from everyone was epic.

well done guys. they did what they had to do.

gal_origin-20140618223454219695-620x414.jpg

Yup, I can watch all 3 footy codes with no issues - don't quite get the hate for one or the other that some seem to exhibit.
possibly the big words ever written on bigfooty :)

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Mar 25, 2003
High levels of flooding reported in Homebush area. Commuters using M4 motorway and Parramatta rd expect delays. No rain fall recorded in area.
Probable cause: QLD tears

Chunderboy

Senior List
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Congratulations on the win NSW, we've had our run and it had to come to end eventually.

I only wish the game could have been better, wasn't overly entertaining, and was full of some simple errors.

For those wanting to blame the loss on the kick-off decision, don't. We'd gone 60 odd minutes without scoring a try, we weren't going miraculously score one that set. And games aren't won/lost because of one bad call, if you think you're in the position where one call can change the game you haven't done enough to win.

Don't be too down Queenslanders, they might have got this one but we've still got our 8 in a row that they'll never take from us! Congratulations again to NSW

ComicSansHumour

Team Captain
Apr 22, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I've been saying that it was our time to go down for the last 5 years. The Lockyer, Smith, Thurston dynasty is something I look forward to telling my kids about. Shame Paul Gallen got to be around to see it happen. Hate the way he leads his side. Poor form from Thurston, though that cheeky slap did crack me up.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Mar 25, 2003
Shame Paul Gallen got to be around to see it happen. Hate the way he leads his side.
strange comment.

yeah he's not always the most gracious but when you're getting done year after year there is only so much you can give the media.

on the field he's pushed himself to the limit just about every time he walks out on the field.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I enjoy the three games of Origin a year, it's great to see the Blues and Maroons go toe-to toe.
But if every game of rugby league was like that, I'd soon lose interest in the code.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I enjoy the three games of Origin a year, it's great to see the Blues and Maroons go toe-to toe.
But if every game of rugby league was like that, I'd soon lose interest in the code.

The intensity was amazing and hopefully game 3 might now loosen up a bit, but I do agree and thankfully we have a multitude of other games during the year which produce plenty of excitement.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
That was ... you know, that was a bit s**t. I gotta be honest. Watched the whole thing, can't help but feel score-line had more to do with people being wasteful than with defensive intensity.

It was up in your face defense all night. Players didn't seem to have much time with ball in hand and it was probably the one criticism I had with the refs.

Vekgib

Team Captain
Apr 8, 2014
Burrawang N.S.W
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
FPR,Packers,Spurs,FedExpress,
why didn't they get presented the shield in front of their home crowd. pretty perplexing by the officials
Because it makes more sense to present it to Gallen after the third game so he can rub it in the faces of Queensland supporters.

Back