Review Game 3 JLT. Nmfc v Gws- REVIEW

Remove this Banner Ad

JLT.

v Swans ✔
v Hawks ✔
v Giants query ✔

Do expectations then change for rd. 1 ? Will the baby Joey's surprise us all ? ? ? ?
Win today may do that.

Will probably not win this. Doesn't matter. Need game time into Goldy, Sam Wright, Lachie, Majak and others.

I think Marley Williams being left out indicates that the coaches have seen enough and will pick him in round 1.

The real interest will be in guys like Simpkin, EVW (who should play regardless), Durdin, Mountford, Wagner and others from the 2014-2016 cohort. A number of places up for grabs. Kayne Turner is a year later, but same deal.

Brayden Preuss is the really interesting one. Another 3 or so goals plus a good ruck performance and who knows?

Our last practise match, and I would really like us to clean up our skills before the season proper.
If we keep turning it over, we're in for a very frustrating year.

I wonder whether we'll play all 24 players or if we'll just play 22 or players as the Dogs and West Coast have done to try and best simulate match conditions. I'm interested to see who comes out of the squad too - we know Durdin is being rested and Hansen and Wright are coming into the side. Is there any great benefit in playing Cunnington in this game given that he won't be there in Round 1? I'd definitely like to see Simpkin get a full game too to really press his case.

Everyone, enjoy this last few hours leading up to our last preseason game. The wheels are on. The lid is not firmly on. No melt downs to be found. Positivity everywhere.

Savor it. I fear what this team of first rounders will do to us tonight.
I rather wait for the Ben Jacobs dodgem car to be fixed.

I rather wait for the Ben Jacobs dodgem car to be fixed.
You'll be waiting a while.
I know there is a vibe around here that we are no chance tonight, but our team wont be that bad, and when i saw that we were $6.50 for win under 39.5 pts, couldn't help myself and had a small wager, Go Rooboys :thumbsu:
You're doing with your money what I do with rainbows.

Thanks fro advising its at 17:50.....I would of went to switch the TV on at 19:30 or so and of missed it.

5.50pm - what is the point of that timeslot? I wont make it home in time from work to see the start of the game and even when i get home the kids will ensure i barely get to see any.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5.50pm - what is the point of that timeslot? I wont make it home in time from work to see the start of the game and even when i get home the kids will ensure i barely get to see any.
It's because there are two games tonight.

iQ is your friend jclei.

I'll probably be tied up with the kids also, but recording the North and Storm games simultaneously for delayed uninterrupted viewing post the madness of Friday dinner time with kids who are on edge due to over tiredness.

McKay wasnt named in the side
I wasn't sure if he was, which means Daw might get more time up forward. Thanks.

Simpkin and mountford are the two ones I really want to see full games from to see whether they can play round 1.

I wasn't sure if he was, which means Daw might get more time up forward. Thanks.

Simpkin and mountford are the two ones I really want to see full games from to see whether they can play round 1.

Daw had to be in for a full game. We'd have planned to have him play 18+ games this year and we need to get him right to go for round 1.

Like to see:
Preuss do very well again and keep pressing his claims.

EVW and Hibberd to continue upward spiral.

Simkin to give more glimpses of being a very exciting draft pick (best we've had since Jesse Smith?).

Continue the manic pressure up fwd.

Stay injury free.

Improve our skills in transition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back