Shield Game 7: Tasmania vs Victoria, Blundstone Arena, Saturday 29th October - Tuesday 1st November

Who gets the most points?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He needs to turn over the strike more. A lot of his defensive shots could have been turned around the corner. He was good but these are valid criticisms.
Yes but the guy hasn't even gotten out in his first ever FC innings yet.
It's like when club boards bag a debutant during AFL season...give the kid a chance.

Seems to be a lot of calls for Handcomb to go to India (myself included) until I saw this stat. Last BGT series in India Handscomb averaged 26 against Ashwin and Jadeja, Renshaw in comparison averaged 66. Handcomb playing spin well is a myth

People on here ragging out on a kid on debut that batted all day, fmd. Probably the same knobs that moan that there aren't enough kids interested in red ball cricket. Give the kid a chance ffs. We all bat 9 and don't bowl for our clubs, leave the kid on debut alone that is batting 3 for hit state.

Seems to be a lot of calls for Handcomb to go to India (myself included) until I saw this stat. Last BGT series in India Handscomb averaged 26 against Ashwin and Jadeja, Renshaw in comparison averaged 66. Handcomb playing spin well is a myth
No, it isn't. Just because Renshaw plays spin well doesn't mean Handscomb plays it badly. He's a good player of spin.

I disagree.
Unless you're trying to save a game, that to slow.

One off 50 balls isn't going to win your team to many games of cricket.
Renshaw had a strike rate similar to that last round, before he made a match winning double ton. Resilience and a strong mental capacity wins many games of cricket. The youngster is showing both of those.

Last edited:
I’m not going to bag anyone in the vic side but having said that a run rate of 2.3 after 105 overs is unacceptable. The call from the coaches should be to push up the scoring rate today unless they are going for a hatrick of draws.
Ok Ash we can see you can defend but you know scoring is a pretty major part of this game. I once made 4 runs in two hours at the crease, guess what we lost the game because we didn’t get the runs, is that on me, yes definitely. I may not have had the skills to score fast but I didn’t even try.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are none of Murphy, Holland or Kellepotha playing?
Holland still injured
Kellapotha will only play where 2 spinners are needed and two of Murphy/Holland/Parker (who was coming back from injury last game) are injured
Went with 4 seamers because Bellerive is usually a green top

Ward looks a more than handy opener. Surely a medium-term contender for a test opening slot? Jewell's low career average surprised me but this season he's started well and I could see it climbing a lot in the next two years.

Back