Game changes by the end of Wednesday

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh didums, how will I get by without the support of such noble 'participants' such as yourself...

The sense of entitlement that has crept into these threads is sickening.

#flognuffiesdontkeepmeawakeatnight

Talking crap is one thing.

Talking patently incorrect crap is quite another.

Stick to the facts and you'll be fine.

Proteins are peptides .... so there will be a ban or limit of dairy and meat products soon. I wonder who will over exploit the grey area that legumes are first?

I know you're taking the piss but I can't seem to find any other discussion of the basic science...(too many damn threads)

When you eat protein e.g. a steak, or milk, your body breaks it down into its constituent amino acids (or couplets) to allow for absorption from the gut. Once absorbed the body uses these building blocks to make what it wants...not to reconstitute what was ingested.

This is why taking any peptide based hormone orally is unlikely to work as it would need to be absorbed unaltered for it to work.

Injecting peptide hormones on the other hand bypasses this effect (being broken down to it's constiuent parts), and the drug is absorbed unaltered. So, for me anyway, the mode of administration of a peptide is important.

Peptide injections and protein shakes are a world apart in terms of supplementation.

I know you're taking the piss but I can't seem to find any other discussion of the basic science...(too many damn threads)

When you eat protein e.g. a steak, or milk, your body breaks it down into its constituent amino acids (or couplets) to allow for absorption from the gut. Once absorbed the body uses these building blocks to make what it wants...not to reconstitute what was ingested.

This is why taking any peptide based hormone orally is unlikely to work as it would need to be absorbed unaltered for it to work.

Injecting peptide hormones on the other hand bypasses this effect (being broken down to it's constiuent parts), and the drug is absorbed unaltered. So, for me anyway, the mode of administration of a peptide is important.

Peptide injections and protein shakes are a world apart in terms of supplementation.

Yes I realise that. However, I still don't have a problem with it.

Yes I realise that. However, I still don't have a problem with it.

For the same drug, one mode of administration = performance enhancing the other = not performance enhancing.

So I take it you've no problem, as a point of principle, with the use of performance enhancing drugs ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back