GAME DAY - 2019 Fed election Goals and Clangers thread ALP 7.10.52 LNP 5.3.33 FT

Remove this Banner Ad

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Post them here. I don't think theres been one yet (11am Thu 11th)

Kicking off with some own goals and rushed behinds

Dutton opponent disibility affair -rushed behind

Scomo $328 billion accusation from treasury, or was it. -own goal

ALP candidate resigns over semitism ism. -own goal

Three LNP candidates with sect 44 issue -rushed behind

Mon 15 April
The idiot LNP provided for QandA will kick an own goal for certain. And he’s only spoken once

Wed 17 April
Im awarding the LNP and cohorts a goal for opening up a super/tax fissure which they may be able to exploit going forward

Thu 18 April
Hey muppet. Hit the white ball - rushed behind against scomo

And a goal to and by shorten scored on the cusp of halftime
https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/election-2019/2019/04/18/bill-shorten-climate-change/

HT ALP 3.3.21 LNP 2.0.12

Tue 23 April.
Watergate isn’t going away. Own goal

Thu 25 April
Fake Shorten supports stop Adani posters. Confirming they are shamefully making it a wedge issue. Rushed behind

Fri 26 April
https://www.theage.com.au/federal-e...g-major-election-debates-20190426-p51hf3.html Goal to Scomo for getting the impression out there that only Shorten is being tricky

Mon 29 April
- leaders debate. No score recalled bounce

- review pending on Palmer deal But a goal to ALP Palmer himself reminds us hes 250% trump on TV

Wed 1 May.
Much activity 5 Behinds labor to 2 behinds LNP. Thanks moffra for detail
Add a behind against Jessica whelan LNP you’ll have to search yourself because google would be offended:straining: I guess emoticons are ok guys?

Sat 4th may
Goal ALP for the space invader incident, not so much that, but Morrison trying to spin it away after

Sun 5th may
Coalition discovering PC...although we suspect it’s just for the election campaign. A behind

Tue 6th may
Goal to Morrison for not only being egg proof, but helping the elderly lady in the crush

Q3 over

Thu 9th May
Goal to ALP for doing hard and getting on the front foot v Terrorgraph while they have egg on face

Thu 16 May
XXXXXXX pay out on labor $$$ - Game over (scomo goal after the siren)

Reviews pending
LNP and Palmer preference deal - is it a goal, a behind, and to who? (awarded ALP)

Rules being made up as we go along
(Clangers is a bit vague. Think of own goals as a 50 against to the goal square)
(Reserving the right not to be totally on time posting scores)
(limited to campaign stuff only - go elsewhere for policy - that would require analysis)

Last edited:

Post them here. I don't think theres been one yet (11am Thu 11th)

According to news.com.au it was political genius by the marketing expert to announce the election in a morning to monopolize morning tv and radio

I also wish to congratulate GoldenSky on his new job at news.com.au

Last edited:
Game on mother******s

This one's for all the marbles , make no mistake.

Shorten just on tv now. He has promised $1b to build Eddie's dream Swan Street stadium, conditional on Adz officially predicting a liberal win.

According to news.com.au it was political genius by the marketing expert to announce the election in a morning to monopolize morning tv and radio

I also wish to congratulate GoldenSky on his new job at news.com.au

Well I think the first official clanger goes to the LNP. After calling the election this morning, they ignored requests from a number of media outlets and left all the airtime to the ALP. It's almost as if they were told not to talk to anyone, which is just baffling.

56866381_431255377441689_236598383853174784_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

.@chriskkenny: The govt at the last election failed to warn of the risk Labor posed to border protection, budget surpluses, union power & rising power prices. Labor skated through unscathed & still didn't win. This time the govt will attack Labor.

Is....is.....is this campaigner *ED ????.....

That's literally ALL WE ******* HEARD FROM THEM !!!! :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday
Not seen any ad material from Labor yet, but I really feel they should avoid attack ads this time around. I think they'd be better at winning the swinging voters' favour if they keep spruiking themselves as a constructive government-in-waiting with a large & open policy platform.

Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
Not seen any ad material from Labor yet, but I really feel they should avoid attack ads this time around. I think they'd be better at winning the swinging voters' favour if they keep spruiking themselves as a constructive government-in-waiting with a large & open policy platform.

Just have a look at the budget reply, overwhelmingly positive with a vision of social cohesion and an emphasis on building communities.
But don’t get me wrong, there will be a sprinkling of negative campaigning. They already have it lined up, it is just a matter of releasing it after ministers start contradicting each other or drop a huge gaffe.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Just have a look at the budget reply, overwhelmingly positive with a vision of social cohesion and an emphasis on building communities.
But don’t get me wrong, there will be a sprinkling of negative campaigning. They already have it lined up, it is just a matter of releasing it after ministers start contradicting each other or drop a huge gaffe.

It was interesting watching Shorten on ABC news tonight - at one point he started comparing the ALP to the LNP based on LNP's performance in recent years... then he actively stopped himself and said something to the effect of "I don't want to talk about them, I want to talk about our positive plan."

Anyway, let's leave this thread for the gaffes - I strongly suspect this will be my favourite thread over the next few weeks, so hopefully we don't pollute it with random observations like the one I've just left!

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well I think the first official clanger goes to the LNP. After calling the election this morning, they ignored requests from a number of media outlets and left all the airtime to the ALP. It's almost as if they were told not to talk to anyone, which is just baffling.

No it is not. The Govt has nothing worthwhile to say.

Clanger

Pretty rich for Paladin Pete to criticise someone else's commitment to the electorate when he tried to flee the seat in 2010 to climb to safer ground on the Gold Coast.

Scummo's response, per the Guardian blog.
Scott Morrison straight out dismisses questions on Peter Dutton’s comments on Ali France.

Asked if “Peter Dutton was using his opponent’s disability as the basis of a political attack on her...”

Morrison says;

“I don’t believe that is what is he did.

Question: is that the tone you want to set at the beginning of this campaign?

Morrison: “I don’t agree with the presumption of your question”.
He's about a step away from declaring only he can make Australia great again by my reckoning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back