Game Day Game Day and Preview Round 15 - Collingwood v Fremantle Saturday 26th June 1:45 PM Marvel Stadium

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime we hit the front all Grundy needs to do is halve the next centre bounce. How many f"cking times does Grundy not only lose the contest (after a goal) but usually it results in the opposition Ruckman getting clean possession and away they go. He is useless in the Centre bounces
True. People laughed at me when I said Lynch was a better tap ruckman than Grundy. Don't be fooled by Grundy's ruck stats. He may lead the AFL in taps and taps to advantage, but its all 50/50. He just taps the ball randomly and hopes his teammates run on to it. Other times it goes straight to the opposition.

Grundy was good, but so was Darcy for Freo. Probably broke even or close to it,
And that’s absolutely fine, both rucks contributed to their team. He’s not perfect, he makes mistakes, it just when people say Grundy was poor or bad that annoys me because it’s simply not true.

Everytime we hit the front all Grundy needs to do is halve the next centre bounce. How many f"cking times does Grundy not only lose the contest (after a goal) but usually it results in the opposition Ruckman getting clean possession and away they go. He is useless in the Centre bounces

Last Qtr GF 2018

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Moore is a big loss

Moore's loss wouldn't have been felt as much if our midfield could’ve stood up and won a clearance, and stopped the ball going into their F50 quickly. Our midfield has alot of work to do in the off season, and we need to get some of the young guys like Macrae, Poulter, Bianco, McInnes into the gym and put on some serious bulk in the pre season and get them into the midfield come 2022.

to not get us smashed clearances, that’s his job first and foremost
I hear you, but that doesn’t fall solely to him. There’s 3 midfielders at any given time who can contribute to the discrepancy too.

True. People laughed at me when I said Lynch was a better tap ruckman than Grundy. Don't be fooled by Grundy's ruck stats. He may lead the AFL in taps and taps to advantage, but its all 50/50. He just taps the ball randomly and hopes his teammates run on to it. Other times it goes straight to the opposition.
But I'm glad he's in my Fantasy team:D

I hear you, but that doesn’t fall solely to him. There’s 3 midfielders at any given time who can contribute to the discrepancy too.

And that is one of our biggest problems, Pendlebury at 33 and over 300 games should not be our best option in the midfield nowadays, Degoey has to stay in midfield and we need to develop some of these young guys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that’s absolutely fine, both rucks contributed to their team. He’s not perfect, he makes mistakes, it just when people say Grundy was poor or bad that annoys me because it’s simply not true.
I liked that he was able to get goals today, much more dangerous when he does that. That he broke even in the ruck stops him being in our top few, but I agree he was far from our worst. Grundy and a fit DeGoey would be nice.

when you mistime your leap as often as he does , it’s puts you on the back foot and the opposition get a CLEAR first possession. That’s hard to defend at anytime
its happens way too often
Gotta take the good with the bad, every player has flaws. He was in our best 5 players, and there’s far more pressing issues that deserve a lot more of people’s energy than the efforts of Grundy.

And that is one of our biggest problems, Pendlebury at 33 and over 300 games should not be our best option in the midfield nowadays, Degoey has to stay in midfield and we need to develop some of these young guys
Pendles looks vulnerable at times now, he’s still operating at a high level but I feel like he’s losing just a bit of his sharpness.

Absolutely agree re: JDG, there’s an opportunity there for him to be our guy. He can be THE MAN and earn a big pay cheque if he wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back