WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
I didn't understand the thinking behind O'Driscoll being moved forward?! I know Taylor mentioned it being to negate the movement of the ball out, but she has atrocious kicking abilities, she was a deadset liability down there. I much preferred her in defensive 50 where even if she skewered a kick it might bobble along and get out or if she marked inside 50 she could at least handball it out; whereas having someone like that who can take a mark and yet can't kick it well was always potentially going to burn you when the moment arises and she has to have a shot. As it turns out, she didn't mark inside forward 50 - she did do some nice things, bumps and pressure acts; but Duffy and co are more than capable of those anyway; plus kicking goals and creating them. It just seemed like an act of desperation or dumbness, I haven't made my mind up yet. It appears Verrier and her were switched, which I don't think was necessary.

Coops did this last week and it proved costly when she missed. Does exactly the same thing this week. Why?! Poor tactics for me. It's not all on Emma, of course - but we just have too many deficiencies from certain players in certain areas. Overall, we've become a ragtag collective that lacks polish and elite skills - plenty of speed and physicality, but we didn't have enough smarts gameday to unlock the better defenses.

Anyway, enough from me....it's never good to dwell on it. Off to eat some lunch and fiddle around with my music that I make on my comp, keeps me sane (!!)
What genre of music are you producing?

Quazar

Cancelled
Aug 31, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester United, Colorado Aves
What genre of music are you producing?

I make ''Old Skool'' themed Hardcore Rave music mostly. I occasionally dabble with experimental Trip Hop and downtempo. I like all those underground sorts of dance genres, mostly. I grew up in the Nineties in the UK when the Scene was going off, been into it since late '91 when I was 15 :)

I have no musical training, I just tinkered around until I started to get a grasp of what I needed to do and I recently started 'learning' music theory thanks to good old YouTube where there's a myriad vids on it, just to help me tidy up. It's just a hobby. Like I said, it keeps me sane (more insane!), especially when Freo teams go down like the Titanic, I need a release!

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
I make ''Old Skool'' themed Hardcore Rave music mostly. I occasionally dabble with experimental Trip Hop and downtempo. I like all those underground sorts of dance genres, mostly. I grew up in the Nineties in the UK when the Scene was going off, been into it since late '91 when I was 15 :)

I have no musical training, I just tinkered around until I started to get a grasp of what I needed to do and I recently started 'learning' music theory thanks to good old YouTube where there's a myriad vids on it, just to help me tidy up. It's just a hobby. Like I said, it keeps me sane (more insane!), especially when Freo teams go down like the Titanic, I need a release!
Nice! Do you have a SoundCloud or Bandcamp page to showcase said creations? Speaking of electronic revelations from Her Majesty's Kingdom, I am very partial to a certain EDM miscreant from Cornwall, who compiled this banger!

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
This lost is on Trent Cooper. Won’t play players who are clearly more skilled over players who can run all day. He might be good at talking to the media but a master tactician he is clearly not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who are these more skilled surplus players of which you speak? Our skills are pretty much up there with the other team's, if you watch other games. I reckon it's the attack on the ball (at the beginning of games especially) that's dropped off the most.

Cooper has plenty of credits in the bank too. His record since taking over is pretty phenomenal. Mind you a drop off like they've done, that comes with a stark pattern (slow starts) reflects on the coaching staff big time. They needed to do more to arrest it. Hopefully they take some big lessons into next year.

Granny Val

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2013
Wheatbelt/Rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Scorchers
I am appalled at the negativity of this thread, but mainly, am devastated for the girls. They have taken us on an amazing ride over the last two years. It didn't conclude the way we wanted, but we were beaten by a bigger and better team. I hope Melbourne go on for the big win, now, and that we come back stronger in 2022.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I am appalled at the negativity of this thread, but mainly, am devastated for the girls. They have taken us on an amazing ride over the last two years. It didn't conclude the way we wanted, but we were beaten by a bigger and better team. I hope Melbourne go on for the big win, now, and that we come back stronger in 2022.
Don't confuse negativity about their effort in the game yesterday with it being a reflection of their whole season (and last season).

I can accept the rest but they got considerably outworked by Melbourne. When a team looks outnumbered both in attack and defence that points to work rate. For a team that prides itself on fitness that is indefensible. Sugar coating it, doesn't change it, just call a spade a spade I say.

There will be opportunities later to reflect on the season, celebrate the wins/good work, and to get positive about the future. "But it is not this day" :)

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’m still surprised at the reluctance to make changes. We had a few solid players WAFLW who deserved a shot.
Inject some uncertainty and excitement back into the side.
I can understand backing them in and the two prior games they were in front in the last, but you would think after a second consecutive loss it might call for at least one or two changes.

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Post game

Attachments

• 2753DC4C-C89A-4F47-9174-AFDD0CE486D6.png
    2753DC4C-C89A-4F47-9174-AFDD0CE486D6.png
    840.5 KB · Views: 41

Quazar

Cancelled
Aug 31, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Nice! Do you have a SoundCloud or Bandcamp page to showcase said creations? Speaking of electronic revelations from Her Majesty's Kingdom, I am very partial to a certain EDM miscreant from Cornwall, who compiled this banger!

Ahhh, Aphex Twin. Very versatile and a bit scary with the videos haha! Never heard this before, bit like an experimental Jungle tune with some mad drum editing and classical like strings. Kind of sums up A/T to a tee, impossible to pigeon hole!

I'll have to PM you for fear of clogging up the thread and getting told off by the "Powers That Be" for going off topic. Just got a few things on this morn before the game and a bit of a family 'situation'. Soundcloud:yes (although not been updated since 2015!), Bandcamp: no

I'll PM you some deets a bit later. Hope you and the gang get to enjoy the game laterzzzzz ;)

Quazar

Cancelled
Aug 31, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams

I understand your reaction, I don't think anyone here was deliberately trying to be negative for the sake of it (at least I hope not!). Couldn't be prouder for the girls efforts and what they've achieved at end of 2019 to present (and probably should have acknowledged that). It's been a long road and Trent has certainly made a massive difference since Cowan left.

I guess we're all just a bit jaded and bereft of joy after seeing what happened last year and the perennial struggles of the men's team. It's hard work being a Freo diehard! If 2020 alone wasn't hard enough.....!

I hope these girls get to the Big Dance one day, they deserve their shot. We'll all recover it just takes a while to lick our wounds. The girls would be reeling and I feel hard for them today.

Granny Val

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2013
Wheatbelt/Rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Scorchers
Yep, well said. They will be gutted and I really feel for them. Crap weekend.
I understand your reaction, I don't think anyone here was deliberately trying to be negative for the sake of it (at least I hope not!). Couldn't be prouder for the girls efforts and what they've achieved at end of 2019 to present (and probably should have acknowledged that). It's been a long road and Trent has certainly made a massive difference since Cowan left.

I guess we're all just a bit jaded and bereft of joy after seeing what happened last year and the perennial struggles of the men's team. It's hard work being a Freo diehard! If 2020 alone wasn't hard enough.....!

I hope these girls get to the Big Dance one day, they deserve their shot. We'll all recover it just takes a while to lick our wounds. The girls would be reeling and I feel hard for them today.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
So camping is average but watching the replay was worse.

Frustrating. Being saying the same thing all season of what needed to change but we played the same way every week even when the other teams worked us out and played to our deficiencies. No changes. Hope we can work on our skills - kicking, marking, handballing to a chest, picking out a target as opposed to indiscriminate throwing it on the boot the moment it is received - over the summer.

Back