Women's Footy GAME DAY Rd 7 v Carlton @ Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or is Madison Presipiakis (sic) a bit of a grub?
Nah I don’t think she’s a grub at all. Pretty humble kid who’s phenomenal at footy, and plays as far as she can push it and get away with it. She gets looked after a fair bit, but then so many of the great players do. One rule for them, another for the mortals.

Nah I don’t think she’s a grub at all. Pretty humble kid who’s phenomenal at footy, and plays as far as she can push it and get away with it. She gets looked after a fair bit, but then so many of the great players do. One rule for them, another for the mortals.
I agree 100%.
There is no need to have a go at Prespakis. She is a star & had an excellent first quarter, but after that Bowers' pressure caused her to second guess herself & rush her disposals.
It was a top game from Turbo & she took the chockies this time.
Harris, on the other hand, seems like she wants to hurt the oppo, but maybe I'm reading things into her robust style.
Either way, that was a ripper win!!!

I agree 100%.
There is no need to have a go at Prespakis. She is a star & had an excellent first quarter, but after that Bowers' pressure caused her to second guess herself & rush her disposals.
It was a top game from Turbo & she took the chockies this time.
Harris, on the other hand, seems like she wants to hurt the oppo, but maybe I'm reading things into her robust style.
Either way, that was a ripper win!!!
I read an interview with Harris a while back where she said she used to see herself as a footy player who also boxed, then both a footy player and a boxer, but now she sees herself as a boxer who also plays footy.
Kudos to her for her successful boxing career so far and I imagine into the future, but I think she’s a seriously overrated footy player. She’s not bad, she’s just not great. That photo will define her whole career, not anything else she’s done on the field.

I read an interview with Harris a while back where she said she used to see herself as a footy player who also boxed, then both a footy player and a boxer, but now she sees herself as a boxer who also plays footy.
Kudos to her for her successful boxing career so far and I imagine into the future, but I think she’s a seriously overrated footy player. She’s not bad, she’s just not great. That photo will define her whole career, not anything else she’s done on the field.
There's a few AFLW forwards who were able to do well in the early years because of their size. They can stand in the forward line and get opportunities through sheer physicality. So they were given a reputation as a "star". But the league has caught up with them, and their size doesn't mean as much anymore.

Brennan. Fredrick. Harris.

There's a few AFLW forwards who were able to do well in the early years because of their size. They can stand in the forward line and get opportunities through sheer physicality. So they were given a reputation as a "star". But the league has caught up with them, and their size doesn't mean as much anymore.

Agree with Fredrick and Harris. Brennan has been really good for the Tiges the last few games.

Yes. Yes. And yes.
Brennan not so much as the other two, but Frederick, for mine, is the most overrated player in the league. It kinda pains me to say it - I taught her back in her school days, and she was a ripper kid, very humble and respectful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your brother looks like Mostyn Powell.

I just see Prespakis sometimes go that little bit harder and nigglier than I think is necessary. Great player, sure, which makes the occasional slightly-raised elbow and extra-effort tackles that bit more unnecessary in my (purist's) mind.

They can't all be Turbo Bowers...

We talking with Roux's amazing ruck tap?

Pretty sure Prespakis tripped on her own player who was trying to shepherd Bowers off her.
Yep. Loyne puts a bump on Bowers which causes Bowers’ leg to interrupt Prespakis’ stride. And she goes arse over teakettle.

We talking with Roux's amazing ruck tap?

Pretty sure Prespakis tripped on her own player who was trying to shepherd Bowers off her.
And how good was Roxy’s ruck knock?

The very finest koala tea.
That was a ruck knock for the ages - and from someone only 170cm tall. I’m 170cm and I’d struggle to reach high enough to tap Roxy’s belly button in a contest with her.

That whole 90 seconds was incredible. Houghton's vision to see Duffy, and to hit her with the handball. Duffy's poise to not jump on the ball on the 50 and instead grab the loose ball, find space and then kick accurately towards goal. Roux's tap, wow. Haynes' kick to hit a leading Houghton may have been a bit of luck but she didn't kick it too close to goal or too far from goal - it was right in the slot to give our forwards a chance. And Hougton's set shot was textbook also.

I know the women's game is still a way off the men's but our Freo boys could still learn a lot about playing smart attacking football from that 90 seconds. Do the basics well and it looks great. Mix in some Roxy Roux like star power and we'll be remembering it forever. Watching the ball come in to our men's forward line on the other hand, most of the time you're wondering what new way they'll find to * it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back