Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
The teams listed in the opening post would be nice
Yes, a little bit of a run down, venues, recent prior history, betting and media telecasts.

Then bullshit away to your hearts content.
Honestly, there's heaps of other places to find that stuff.

I'm here to discuss it with my fellow supporters, assuming (rightly or wrongly) that we know what the teams are, we know our record at said venue, we know where to watch it, etc.

It's like a menu at McDonald's - someone puts in a lot of work to make it look good, but no-one bothers to read it.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Honestly, there's heaps of other places to find that stuff.

I'm here to discuss it with my fellow supporters, assuming (rightly or wrongly) that we know what the teams are, we know our record at said venue, we know where to watch it, etc.

It's like a menu at McDonald's - someone puts in a lot of work to make it look good, but no-one bothers to read it.
I read them. Some days/weeks I don't have the time (or inclination) to stay up to date on the forum or club news, so it's incredibly handy in those cases to be able to click into the thread I'll be reading/positing in when the game is going and actually read a half decent synopsis of the teams etc.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm not a massive fan of the game day threads because there is a lot abusive comments made in them. If we could somehow instigate a temporary suspension for those who continually abuse players for errors or missed kicks, marks etc. Give them a warning or two, then red card them for 15-20 minutes.

Incredibly hard to do, but just a thought.

LOL. Nice one mate.

So we can’t abuse our own players in our game day thread on our own ******* board?

I can’t wait for the Game Day Thread on DEVOFooty.com - going to be a blast.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Some folks only participate to shitcan players.

The whipping boy of a particular obsessive may make a relatively innocuous error and the obsessive dives on it, magnifies it, and threads devolve in to whipping boy episodes.

the Ziebull screwed up many GDT's with his obsessive MacMillan crap, and I'll take a stab that Atley will feature this year. The GDT's turn in to selfish personalised shitcanning episodes.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Whipping Boy: A predetermined player who attracts an unfair share of criticism.

Jack Ziebell & Shaun Atley are shaping as favorites for this season.

Resident WB expert "the Ziebull" has signaled that he is shifting from MacMillan to Polec this year, so you can put your house on Polec's good work being ignored and his errors getting magnified by this poster in the GDT's & autopsy threads. You can also garauntee that tZ will be bumping this players player thread in post match losses in order to invite a community pile on.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Some folks only participate to shitcan players.

I get that this mindset is annoying for some, but I’m led to believe it’s perfectly normal behaviour of some men throughout the world when dealing with their Football Club.

I am an anything goes kinda guy, as long as it’s warranted and for the most part - I reckon we go easy on the players.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I get that this mindset is annoying for some, but I’m led to believe it’s perfectly normal behaviour of some men throughout the world when dealing with their Football Club.

I am an anything goes kinda guy, as long as it’s warranted and for the most part - I reckon we go easy on the players.

It's not that I disagree with player criticism, but the level of repetitious individual bias by some folks assures that it turns in to a lopsided, incorrect representation of events.

LOL. Nice one mate.

So we can’t abuse our own players in our game day thread on our own ******* board?

I can’t wait for the Game Day Thread on DEVOFooty.com - going to be a blast.
Why would you want to abuse your own players? They may make some mistakes, but they are giving 100% effort for the club. And surely by the time you have written your abusive post you have had time to calm down a little and perhaps even (if your smarter than the average Collingwood supporter) think of something wittier to say.

You’re not one of those people who watches thee game with big footy open on their computer or smartphone? How very sad.

Finally, DEVO would never open a footy forum website, he’d open a music forum website.:)

Most only shitcan players when they miss a goal, mark or generally stuff up . Most will then praise the same player when they do something good.
Unfortunately there is a pile on certain players good or bad.
You just need to ignore this section.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why would you want to abuse your own players? They may make some mistakes, but they are giving 100% effort for the club. And surely by the time you have written your abusive post you have had time to calm down a little and perhaps even (if your smarter than the average Collingwood supporter) think of something wittier to say.

You’re not one of those people who watches thee game with big footy open on their computer or smartphone? How very sad.

Finally, DEVO would never open a footy forum website, he’d open a music forum website.:)

Figures.

So on this music forum of yours will you be able to critique s**t music, or just suck it up, pay your subscription and listen? Gloria Gaynor on repeat? How is that any different to Kayne Turner’s output?

I don’t have the GD thread open, I have Betfair open typically but if I want to abuse the players, that’s my decision, I don’t need snowflakes telling me what I can and can’t say at the Football or on a football forum.

You don’t get to tell other people how to support their club. It’s frankly none of your ******* business - that is my assertion - you are reading the GD thread, you are fully aware of what is going to be written and you are entering the thread under no duress.

I’m not sure it’s us (the hardcore support) you need to worry about.

In your world, each thread would be 1 post long, with 5000 likes...

“*, we are good” How good are we?

The way I see it, is most of the whipping boys have been moved on and the kids deserve an opportunity to play and make mistakes (no one is abusing the young players) but if 200 game veterans make avoidable mistakes, why can’t we pot them? What’s it to you?

Figures.

So on this music forum of yours will you be able to critique sh*t music, or just suck it up, pay your subscription and listen? Gloria Gaynor on repeat? How is that any different to Kayne Turner’s output?
WOW! I don't know how you came up with Gloria Gaynor (unless you're a closet fan) when my avatar is a Curve album, one of the best indie rock/showgaze albums of the 1990's. Not exactly simpatico. And DEVO doesn't really compare to her either, other than a similiar time period. You must be a closet fan, what was her hit? Did she have a hit in Australia?

I don’t have the GD thread open, I have Betfair open typically but if I want to abuse the players, that’s my decision, I don’t need snowflakes telling me what I can and can’t say at the Football or on a football forum.

You don’t get to tell other people how to support their club. It’s frankly none of your ******* business - that is my assertion - you are reading the GD thread, you are fully aware of what is going to be written and you are entering the thread under no duress.

I’m not sure it’s us (the hardcore support) you need to worry about.

In your world, each thread would be 1 post long, with 5000 likes...

“fu**, we are good” How good are we?

The way I see it, is most of the whipping boys have been moved on and the kids deserve an opportunity to play and make mistakes (no one is abusing the young players) but if 200 game veterans make avoidable mistakes, why can’t we pot them? What’s it to you?
Betfair? Maybe you're a Kenny Rogers fan as well. "Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em". :)

You can be a "hardcore" supporter without being abusive towards the players, and even fellow supporters. Try wit instead. It really only one takes one brain cell to be a little bit witty. :)

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
WOW! I don't know how you came up with Gloria Gaynor (unless you're a closet fan) when my avatar is a Curve album, one of the best indie rock/showgaze albums of the 1990's. Not exactly simpatico. And DEVO doesn't really compare to her either, other than a similiar time period. You must be a closet fan, what was her hit? Did she have a hit in Australia?

You can be a "hardcore" supporter without being abusive towards the players, and even fellow supporters. Try wit instead. It really only one takes one brain cell to be a little bit witty. :)

The point which you sadly missed, is Kayne Turner = Gloria Gaynor in my eyes but somehow, you’re entitled to bag Gloria, yet I’m not entitled to bag Kayne.

I care less about your music (any music for that matter) than I do whipping boys... I’ve never heard of your s**t band, sorry.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
It's probably the right time to reveal the exciting changes to Gameday threads for 2021.

For those who like dogs and cats - good news - there'll be more in 2021.

For those who hate rabbits - stiff s**t. They'll also be a key feature of Gameday threads in 2021.

There will be an "emotional rant" button installed on every Gameday page. Hitting it 3 times will release a small amount of Serotonin into the poster's bloodstream.

Should an unnamed moderator be online during the Gameday experience an "I'm feeling lucky" button will also be offered. Hitting it will randomly release either a small shot of adrenaline or Rohypnol.

Hope this has everyone up and about for 2021 match days.

The point which you sadly missed, is Kayne Turner = Gloria Gaynor in my eyes but somehow, you’re entitled to bag Gloria, yet I’m not entitled to bag Kayne.

I care less about your music (any music for that matter) than I do whipping boys... I’ve never heard of your sh*t band, sorry.
That's a wild assumption, I may have just decided to ignore your point and focus on your closet love for an old Disco diva. I don't think I really "bagged" her other than to say she doesn't have a great deal in common with the two bands I mentioned.

Nobody has heard of Curve, they are world's greatest unknown band.

Back