Game of Sloane (THE OFFICIAL HE IS STAYING thread) Thread now closed

Do you think Sloane will stay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following an insightful earlier comment from the Colonel, I think we should refocus this thread on what would be regarded as a "win" or "loss" from the Sloane situation.

I tend to think, as implied by the Colonel, if we match a salary of ~$1.3m for 5 years, while me might have a warm feeling inside, and think we have won, that when we wake up in the morning we might feel had.

In other words, what are your opinions on what we would be happy to pay to keep Sloaney here, and what would be too much? The gut reaction is that we should do everything possible to keep him, but IMO he has reached his peak, and is probably over it. What are your non-emotional and businesslike opinions on this deal?

850k is my max currently, but that really depends on how he goes for the first half of this season. Still gets exposed by the tag drops that too 700k, shows signs of handling it and I'd be comfortable with offering 1mil. After all, he is a key piece of our premiership hopes if he can become competent.

Heard on radio that wines is close to committing to port - tells the supporters that all is going well and he will have it resolved. If that ......d signs and sloane doesn't I will be sick because those ......s down the road never seem to have a problem keeping their best players and we are losing one almost every year. Why can't sloane just say I am signing on and make all this crap just go away because it just gives more ammunition to the .......s down the road to have a crack at our club

Heard on radio that wines is close to committing to port - tells the supporters that all is going well and he will have it resolved. If that ......d signs and sloane doesn't I will be sick because those ......s down the road never seem to have a problem keeping their best players and we are losing one almost every year. Why can't sloane just say I am signing on and make all this crap just go away because it just gives more ammunition to the .......s down the road to have a crack at our club
Probably because we have a serious cultural issue where our group or staff don’t do enough to create a team environment where people feel obliged to stay and repay the club that has given them so much. Any slight pay increase and living in Melbourne and they run to the hills.

Probably because we have a serious cultural issue where our group or staff don’t do enough to create a team environment where people feel obliged to stay and repay the club that has given them so much. Any slight pay increase and living in Melbourne and they run to the hills.
Yeah.

OR

Its harder to retain a team thats two thirds interstate players than a couple.

This is verging into Lindy territory.

You actually believe what you've just written??

A lad from Echuca really?

Lever partner from Melbourne, Dangerfield partner from Geelong, Sloane partner from Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back