Game of Sloane (THE OFFICIAL HE IS STAYING thread) Thread now closed

Do you think Sloane will stay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
they have no say in it. it's down to a European Court ruling, that affects all clubs in Europe and not a premier league decision.

Just had a quick read of the free agency rules. i should have read them before ranting.

" a player who is contracted after his seventh year for one, two, three, four or five years will be eligible for restricted free agency when next out of contract having completed either eight, nine, 10, 11 or 12 seasons respectively.."

danger should have been offered either 2 at market, or 4 at above market. if he wanted 3 it should have been below market, with his intentions obvious. We got reamed because we extended him upto RFA in 2012, when free agency was introduced. Both danger and sloane were signed to 3 year extensions, with the difference being sloane OOC at 7 years.

Our stars should all be contracted up to 7 years of service at which point the outcome of negotiations (3 or 5 years) would put us in the best position, should RFA be exercised. Its either an early extension during the 9th year, and if not, then by trading in the 9th year, it gives us the best chance to get fair value, if both parties acted in good faith.

These two situations will play out, the former being tex, and the latter being sloane. sorry for being so daft. Trade week will be gangbusters for us if this is true and our club has played Tex and Sloanes extensions perfectly and both are true clubmen.

Last edited:

Sloane has given his all for this club. If he wanted to go home and did it the year before he was a FA so we could get better value then take it.
I have accepted our club isnt a place that can keep its talent.

If Sloane is going, do it this year. We will get a much better deal. Rocky is available and would help ease the short term pain. Don't get me wrong, I'd be kidding myself if I thought he was at the same level, but we will get a good return from a Sloane trade.

The best thing about the previous decade of the Crows is it's taught us an important lesson. Be ruthless and heartless with trading. Players don't give a s**t about fans and loyalty anymore. Why should the rest of us care then? Everyone is tradeable. The quicker emotion is dropped from the scenario, the quicker we will win a flag. If true, Rory leaving would sting more than others though. He's exactly what you want in a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Sloane does want to go back home, surely the club wouldn't let him walk this year. He's still got one more year to go - he should honor that.

If Sloane does want to go back home, surely the club wouldn't let him walk this year. He's still got one more year to go - he should honor that.
Get more trading him now than letting him walk as a FA next year. Not doing it as a favour to him, but to maximize the return we get on him leaving.

**** me, let’s just turn the lights off.
Unless we bring in similar quality, then we are ****ed and there goes our window.

Sure it might make long term list management sense, short term it's ****ed and means we've taken another hit of high end quality leaving.

A club who wants to compete can't keep taking hits.

Get more trading him now than letting him walk as a FA next year. Not doing it as a favour to him, but to maximize the return we get on him leaving.

True, but he doesn't strike me as someone who would want to walk out on the club after that sort of performance and with unfinished business. I could see him wanting to leave at the end of next year, but I guess you don't really know what the players are thinking. Hearing him speak at the Family Day yesterday he didn't sound like the sort of person who wanted to leave but idk.

True, but he doesn't strike me as someone who would want to walk out on the club after that sort of performance and with unfinished business. I could see him wanting to leave at the end of next year, but I guess you don't really know what the players are thinking. Hearing him speak at the Family Day yesterday he didn't sound like the sort of person who wanted to leave but idk.
If he wants to leave at the end of next year then we need to explore him leaving this trade period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back