Game of Sloane (THE OFFICIAL HE IS STAYING thread) Thread now closed

Do you think Sloane will stay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he wants to leave at the end of next year then we need to explore him leaving this trade period.
This is my thinking.

There was talk he was going to sign an extension, then nothing.

If he's going at the end of next year we get nothing. Wasn't there talk of AFL scrapping FA compo picks?

Would be an extremely ballsy move and one that would cause mass hysteria within supporter base.

Interesting few weeks coming up. Strap yourselves in.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Remember when the story of the Melbourne 2 first rounders for Danger emerged?

Danger knew he was off to geelong by then "it's up to the club if it wants to trade me". You don't say that if you want to stay.

But he didn't go - that year.

We backed him to stay while he waited till free agency.

You can bet his manager and the cats encouraged him to pull his head in and wait out the year. That would be Rory's advice too.

Someone should tweet Theo, it might at least prompt a comment from player/club.

Just starting to get worried we might lose Rory next year. Heard reports that he was going to sign front ended contract that did not eventuate. Then comments about Belinda wanting to go home.

I wonder if the front ending idea had something to do with what was hoped to be in the new CBA and what was eventually agreed didn't allow for those plans to take place? Front ending a big contract for a club in a premiership window seems counter intuitive.

I can't do this again next year. I would rather it happen now than have to endure another drawn out saga which takes the focus off enjoying the season. I don't want Sloaney to leave but I also don't want to end up feeling about him as I do do Danger and Lever. It will be so much worse because he is the heart and soul of our club.

I hope they have seriously asked him about his future but I suspect they will place their head in the sand like they did with Dangerfield.

They need to trade him now if he has any inking about going.

It won't break the club. A few fans might have s melt but they will get over it. The club will recover and if done correctly become stronger for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK who is the best S.A kid currently playing football. Unfortunately I think this is what its come to.
Surely Sloane has enough currency to land us just about any player in the league.

OK who is the best S.A kid currently playing football. Unfortunately I think this is what its come to.
Surely Sloane has enough currency to land us just about any player in the league.
Ryan Burton, straight swap :eek:

As much as I love Sloane, if he was interested in going home , trading him now would be the best option.

We easily accounted for GWS without him so the future is still bright and his inability to break a tag and single handedly win games off his boot makes him no more than a great, honest work horse who can always be relied upon.

It’s obvious the club needs to find a game changer. A Dusty, Danger, Bont, Buddy type that can change a game in an instant.

Our whole list is full of reliability and structure, where’s the X factor? (Don’t say Charlie!)

A couple of picks for Sloane, a couple of picks for Lever and the world is your oyster.

Hawks had 3 x top ten picks in 2004 and 4 premierships 12 years later.

Richmond had numerous first round picks on Saturday and 2 x top 5 picks from the last 9 years.

Bulldogs, again numerous top picks and game changers.

We risk becoming the Arsenal of the AFL unless we take drastic measures to pick up top end talent in future drafts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we want to win the flag in 2018 we can't trade Sloane. With Lever going and Smith down, we would be 3 quality players down for 2018.

Unless we bring in at least 2 quality players, we will be going backwards right when we are contenders.
Which is why we have to land a player, not draft picks.

If we want to win the flag in 2018 we can't trade Sloane. With Lever going and Smith down, we would be 3 quality players down for 2018.

Unless we bring in at least 2 quality players, we will be going backwards right when we are contenders.

I believe the club has to do everything to keep Sloane, he needs to play his whole career with us.

Losing him not only kills our premiership window, but will also turn our club into a veritable laughing stock.

Have just come across this thread. I never saw the TV vision but it was reported in print that after the game Sloane was the only Crow standing while his teammates were sitting during the Richmond presentation stuff. I remember thinking that is either leadership/character behaviour or dis associative behaviour by Sloaney. Anyway that was my thought pattern and I've removed some of my privileges and grounded myself for 3 days as a result.

So now that Rory’s gone, who are we going to raid with that enormous war chest of ours that keeps growing and growing? I reckon there’s a big fish coming to the AFC.
Ask redhorse or one of his aliases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back