Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
I know the season is only 3 rounds old, but what do you think has been the best game this year? Feel free to add to this thread as the year goes on.

I reckon today's game was the best I've seen so far this year, and much respect to the Dogs. I didn't see the North/Dees game though, looking at the scores, it might be a contender.

Good quality football and very strong crowds so far.

Great half of football! Melbourne didnt play the first 1/4 and North knew that so stayed off in the 2nd. The second half was fantastic, scores were always close and the game wasnt over until the final siren.

1. North Vs Melbourne - Shootout and battle of the rucks
2. Geelong Vs Hawthorn - Dangerfield tore up, was him vs Hawthorn in the third quarter
3. Dogs Vs Hawthorn - Goal for goal, Dahlhouse was clutch and almost got them over the line.

Best finish was the Grundy goal, mainly it was because of Richmond losing the unloseable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North/Dees. A huge comeback and 40+ goals with an epic finish.

Yep, it was over at quarter time, too close to call at half time, based on the goals scored in the 1st half the Roos didnt have enough of a lead to hold out at three quarter time, then the final few seconds were a crazy frantic finish.

It would be too easy to just go for the Hawks game, but the Roos game really had it all.

Great half of football! Melbourne didnt play the first 1/4 and North knew that so stayed off in the 2nd. The second half was fantastic, scores were always close and the game wasnt over until the final siren.
30 of the 41 goals were to 1 end of the ground. 17 to 4 in the 1st half. It had zero to do with the Dee's not playing well early or us being bad in the 2nd. The wind was howling to 1 end of the ground.

1. Dogs v Hawks - game played at a great intensity all they way through. Neither team stopped.

2. Cats v Hawks - Dangerfirld wins the Brownlow in the first round.

3. Swans v Pies - any time the Pies are belted is worth the admission price.

Sydney vs GWS was a great, high intensity game until the Swans pulled away in the last. Kind of the opposite to the Tigers/Pies game, fizzle of an ending but plenty of substance for most of the game.

30 of the 41 goals were to 1 end of the ground. 17 to 4 in the 1st half. It had zero to do with the Dee's not playing well early or us being bad in the 2nd. The wind was howling to 1 end of the ground.

Bullshit, Melbourne, but for 2 or 3 players, were terrible in the first quarter. The amount of times they would get the ball and just slam it on the boot was bewildering and they were duly punished for it! North were not as bad in that aspect but were just smashed for 12 or so minutes where they just couldnt touch the footy in the second.

The difference was only 6 goals in the second half compared to 13 goals in the first. BR Dixon said 5 minutes in that it was only a 2/3 goal breeze. 11 goals 9 to one end on a normal day is good but going into a "howling wind" is a phenomenal effort!!!

Bullshit, Melbourne, but for 2 or 3 players, were terrible in the first quarter. The amount of times they would get the ball and just slam it on the boot was bewildering and they were duly punished for it! North were not as bad in that aspect but were just smashed for 12 or so minutes where they just couldnt touch the footy in the second.

11 goals 9 to one end on a normal day is good but going into a "howling wind" is a phenomenal effort!!! The difference was only 6 goals in the second half compared to 13 goals in the first. BR Dixon said 5 minutes in that it was only a 2/3 goal breeze...
I was at the game. It was as strong as I have seen. Grand stand side was protected a little and teams attacked down that side. I had it at 5.

North vs Adelaide was also really entertaining.

I want to put Western Bulldogs vs Freo in too not because it was a classic but because it was symbolic: good defeating evil in terms of brands of footy!!!!
agree. even though we lost, it was a very entertaining game

I was at the game. It was as strong as I have seen. Grand stand side was protected a little and teams attacked down that side. I had it at 5.
I heard it was a 10 goal breeze as well. I was stunned to hear Melbourne had gotten back into it before the half- then they mentioned the breeze.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back