FTA-TV Game of Thrones S05- No book talk, no spoilers, no alluding to anything that hasn't aired in Aust

Remove this Banner Ad

AS expected

The author of the Game of Thrones series, George RR Martin, has confirmed he has missed the last deadline that would have allowed the sixth novel in his fantasy series to be published before the next TV series begins.

The failure to meet the 31 December deadline will mean the sixth season of HBO’s Game of Thrones series will appear on screens before the source material it’s taken from for the first time.

Martin has been working closely with HBO writers and producers to help the series mirror the books. But the next season is due to start in Spring and Martin’s sixth book, the Winds of Winter, will not be ready.

Announcing on his blog an update on the progress of his book early on Saturday, Martin – prefacing the announcement with the words “you won’t like it” – wrote: “For months now I have wanted nothing so much as to be able to say, ‘I have completed and delivered The Winds of Winter’ on or before the last day of 2015. But the book’s not done.

“Nor is it likely to be finished tomorrow, or next week. Yes, there’s a lot written. Hundreds of pages. Dozens of chapters. But there’s also a lot still left to write. I am months away still … and that’s if the writing goes well. (Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn’t.)

More here

http://www.theguardian.com/books/20...me-of-thrones-book-winds-of-winter?CMP=twt_gu

If season 6 is the penultimate season as expected ( https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-cast-signs-season-744314 ) they're going to be really salty when season 7 wraps it all up years before Martin finishes his last book.

If they only do 7 seasons there will be so much from the books left out as well as story lines and characters not on the show that need resolving. There is still plenty for the book readers even if the show spoils the overall ending of the story.

Lol, the crossover for spitefull show watchers spoiling the book thread will be epic.....

Why?

The book readers will still watch the show for the most part. We all knew deep,down he was never finishing the books anyway, expect a massive drop in quality on the show though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think I'll be able to watch the show until I've read the book. Which is weird considering I was a show watcher before I was a book reader.

I'm kinda still expecting more of the standard dummy spits from this board's usual suspects when someone mentions irrelevant lore or history that happened like 100 years before the show is set rather than the book readers complaining about show spoilers tbh.

I'm kinda still expecting more of the standard dummy spits from this board's usual suspects when someone mentions irrelevant lore or history that happened like 100 years before the show is set rather than the book readers complaining about show spoilers tbh.
Oh without a doubt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back