FTA-TV Game of Thrones Season 1 (spoilers)

Remove this Banner Ad

I just watched the first season over the past couple of days after a friend told me to watch it.

I have not read the books, so at the end of the first episode I was like 'wtf gtfo' and had to watch the second ep straight away.

If I saw that little s**t Joffrey down the street, I probably couldnt help but punch him regardless of the fact he is just an actor. A really punchable face.

Finished the series and as a result went and got the books. I am usually a very quick reader but the first book took me about 4 weeks to finish. I am not sure whether it is because is is so close to the TV show and I couldnt get into it.

I started the second book three days ago and am over a third through it. What an absolute cracker!!

I didnt think Tyrion's character could get any better but he is truly awesome. Bran is the only character who I struggle to get excited about but I have heard through a mate that his character has some major developments coming up soon!

If you can be arsed, the books are fantastic but they're monsters at about 800+ pages each!
Likewise, I was hooked after seeing the first season and picked the first few up and can say that the show followed it pretty closely(in addition to injecting quite a number of T 'n A scenes that were otherwise implied in the book:thumbsu:Fine HBO form).
So if you can't wait until next year, jumping on to the second book shouldn't be too much of a problem as there's the odd sentence of back story, character history on top of a few helpful maps since the whole thing's so bloody epic.

On another note, a similar fan/mate of mine took some snaps of them filming the second series in a castle in Dubrovnik, Croatia that I think stands in for Kings Landing with certain vertically challenged blondie going about his business;)

I just finished the second book about an hour ago and my mind is ticking like you wouldn't believe and can't wait to start the third book tonight.

Of all the times I wish I had some extra downtime coming up but alas I open the batting at cricket... :eek:

The second book was better then the first IMHO and I'm hopefully not going to be disappointed going in to the third? Interesting to see how Theon turns out in Chapter 2.

Can't wait then.

It's funny when you're reading the books as you think you're got plenty to go then all of a sudden bang! the book's finished as you have about 50-pages of Character/Family/Houses information.

Wouldn't mind downloading a better map of Westeros from one of the many web sites offering them rather then keep referencing GRRM's maps at the front of the book though.

I just finished the second book about an hour ago and my mind is ticking like you wouldn't believe and can't wait to start the third book tonight.

Of all the times I wish I had some extra downtime coming up but alas I open the batting at cricket... :eek:
The second book was better then the first IMHO and I'm hopefully not going to be disappointed going in to the third? Interesting to see how Theon turns out in Chapter 2.

Knowing how you bat you'll be through the next three books by the 5th round :p

I'm another who just watched series 1 over the last week. Got my wife hooked as well.

Really compelling viewing. Sucks to have to wait for series 2 now. Father-in-law is tearing through the books, so may borrow the first one from him and have a go (can't say I'm a big book reader, but if it's interesting, I'll get through it... like non-fiction a bit more though).

I'm another who just watched series 1 over the last week. Got my wife hooked as well.

Really compelling viewing. Sucks to have to wait for series 2 now. Father-in-law is tearing through the books, so may borrow the first one from him and have a go (can't say I'm a big book reader, but if it's interesting, I'll get through it... like non-fiction a bit more though).

If you are not an avid reader I would probably recommend skipping the first book and going straight onto the second. There isn't really that much difference between the first book and series to warrant the read.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity only getting to read books because of the rain delays now Rocket!

God damn there are a lot of main characters that get axed in this series.....literally axed I'm telling you! :eek:

Go Robb! My favourite characters from reading the books were Tyrion, Arya, Bran, Ned and Jon. I didn't mind Robb, but after season 1 of GoT he's up there with them.

Which just means
damn the Red Wedding to hell :( May all Frey's die the lingering deaths they deserve.

I've just got up to this part in the books and it's absolutely ruined my weekend! :(

Who'd have ever thought a book could affect you so much?

The Maid of Tarth has been cast. Gwendoline Christie will have the honour.

She is 6'3".

Do you think they will use a ton of make-up to ugly her up so she looks like the Brienne of the book series, or will they make her hot for TV audiences? I'm guessing that they'll leave her smoking hot since later on there's that ambiguous 'thing' between her and Jaime - mutual attraction or whatevs - and screen romances, latent or manifest, are usually between attractive people.

But, you know, to me it would seem to mean more if Jaime finds her attractive despite her being hideous.

Are you asking me to stop spoiling Artivistic's threads or are you asking Artivistic to stop spoiling the outcomes of the show/book?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back