FTA-TV Game of Thrones Season 6 - non book readers *no spoilers until show airs*

Remove this Banner Ad

Still can't work why Lancel followed the kid. Besides as a plot device.
Watching it now.

He leaves the sept and there's a kid running away from him who looks back to steal a glance. He follows and looks back again before heading into the darkness. I'd say there's reason enough for suspicion, especially if Lancel considered the child one of the 'little birds' that roam around the city either spying or being up to no good.

But plot device is probably accurate too haha.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Was it actually necessary for them to make him follow them though?

He wasn't going to find the candles and wildfire until he followed the kid - all it seemed to do was give him half a chance to stop it from happening

Was it actually necessary for them to make him follow them though?

He wasn't going to find the candles and wildfire until he followed the kid - all it seemed to do was give him half a chance to stop it from happening
Cersei wanted him to know. She's a bitch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Probably been discussed already but did anyone else get the impression from Beric's little parly with the hound about going north to fight the oncoming threat, that Hound is going to be one of the main factors in beating the night king? Assuming of course he gets his hands on some valerian steel

Probably been discussed already but did anyone else get the impression from Beric's little parly with the hound about going north to fight the oncoming threat, that Hound is going to be one of the main factors in beating the night king? Assuming of course he gets his hands on some valerian steel
I'm not sure that it will happen but I damn well hope it does. Maybe he will get Sam's sword somehow?

When Hound fought Brienne he made the comment that he'd always wanted some Valerian steel.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Finished re-watching S4 on DVD last night. Can't help but wonder how Tyrion knew where to find Tywin, given that Tywin was busy on the throne. First he went to the bedroom and found Shae in the bed, killing her without exchanging a single word. He's doesn't have time to waste, given that he's escaped from the dungeon. Tywin could have been anywhere, given that he was no doubt keeping long hours as Hand of the King. Why does Tyrion go straight to the throne room to find (and kill) him?

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Finished re-watching S4 on DVD last night. Can't help but wonder how Tyrion knew where to find Tywin, given that Tywin was busy on the throne. First he went to the bedroom and found Shae in the bed, killing her without exchanging a single word. He's doesn't have time to waste, given that he's escaped from the dungeon. Tywin could have been anywhere, given that he was no doubt keeping long hours as Hand of the King. Why does Tyrion go straight to the throne room to find (and kill) him?

Shae gives away the fact that he can't be too far away by saying something along the lines of 'my lion is back for more' when she hears Tyrion coming and thinking it was Tywin.

Also Tyrion himself had been hand of the king before so he would know one way or the other whether the job would be likely to have Tywin out doing business in the early hours of the morning.

Worth remembering as well that although the show depicts him finding his dad straight afterwards, there's nothing to say that he didn't spend 20 minutes looking for him that aren't shown.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
The reason I don't think he spent long searching is that he was an escaped convict. Varys was waiting for him. He'd escaped from the dungeons, and it was only a matter of time before his absence was discovered. Any time spent searching for Tywin increases the chances of him being discovered.

The reason I don't think he spent long searching is that he was an escaped convict. Varys was waiting for him. He'd escaped from the dungeons, and it was only a matter of time before his absence was discovered. Any time spent searching for Tywin increases the chances of him being discovered.
Varys knows everything. Probably told him.

Or he could smell it from down the corridor and knew his fathers brand.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong

I don't think he was too worried about that once he'd seen Shae

Back