FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this show stumbled when it stopped having a huge thick book to draw plot from and started filling in space around plot points rather than having to decide what to leave out.

I'm hopeful that a final season solid wall quickly approaching will produce that same packed feeling.

Are we opening that can of worms are we?

I haven’t read the books and have no complaints

Are we opening that can of worms are we?

I haven’t read the books and have no complaints
What is a common tendency now is that since the majority of the shows are either remakes, reboots, adaptations or semi-autobiographical, or means that we are getting less and less new material.

And in the case of adaptations, the first season tends to be based on the book and then the end season is s**t because the studios have hired “adaption” writers to be “creative” writers.

The first few season of Game of Thrones dealt with the lore of Westeros really well. And the newer season have this hero arc, where main characters aren’t dropping like flies anymore (you know whose gonna live and die in battles now).

The first few season of Game of Thrones dealt with the lore of Westeros really well. And the newer season have this hero arc, where main characters aren’t dropping like flies anymore (you know whose gonna live and die in battles now).

Yeah that's the main difference for me. The later seasons are closer to your standard predictable hero arcs than the early season carnage.

But it's not really anyone's fault, it's just a natural consequence of the story drawing towards its conclusion. If the 'good guys' hadn't started winning at some point the conflict would have been over seasons ago with the Lannisters on the throne and the Boltons running the North for them.

If the source books had been written already no doubt the same thing would be happening in them, otherwise you would literally run out of characters to drive the story. You would never be able to keep that rate of unpredictable bloodshed up and still drive the story towards a climactic finish where a few key players face off.

Hopefully the 3 statues are foreshadowing the deaths of Jon, Arya and Sansa. Too many characters have plot armour now, I want to see some shock deaths that hit you right in the feels, like it was in the earlier seasons.

Hopefully the 3 statues are foreshadowing the deaths of Jon, Arya and Sansa. Too many characters have plot armour now, I want to see some shock deaths that hit you right in the feels, like it was in the earlier seasons.
Yes it can be seen in many ways

The House of Stark stands together or dies together. The feather indicating Bran as a Stark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be cool if everyone dies. Something different. And the WW king strolls upto the throne and sits on it

Be cool if everyone dies. Something different. And the WW king strolls upto the throne and sits on it

If there's a show that could end with the bad guys winning and have it be convincing and satisfying it's Game of Thrones. But I doubt it'll end that way. Good guys win with heavy losses.

I would rather everyone die and the throne room is left empty, burnt and covered in snow.

It would be a nice callback to Dany's vision in the House of the Undying in the 2nd season finale.

If there's a show that could end with the bad guys winning and have it be convincing and satisfying it's Game of Thrones. But I doubt it'll end that way. Good guys win with heavy losses.
I would rather everyone die and the throne room is left empty, burnt and covered in snow.

It would be a nice callback to Dany's vision in the House of the Undying in the 2nd season finale.

maybe the ghosts of stannis, renly, ned, jon, tywin, dany all looking at the throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back