FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

That wasn't the main army at the battle, what part of that can't you comprehend? Jon Snow lead the army.

You're thick if you can't grasp that.
I never said the KOV were the main army at the battle and I wasn’t talking about the Jon’s army of wildlings.

Well that was the main army and Jon Snow it's commander.

Any other armies that decided to join in would have ceded command to him for that battle.
No they wouldn’t, they’d work together but Little finger and Royce would still have the last say over what the KOV do and would be able to veto any decision concerning them.

Depends what you by safe but with the hound she’ll get her freedom quicker.

Ramsey’s a Bolton. They’re all psychotic.

The KOV would still listen to Robin Arryn who she’d be able manipulate.
Was Roose psychotic? I’d say more pragmatic. His decisions, from betraying Robb to marrying Fat Walda, were all based on reasonable logic.

Most people are idiots then.

Dude there's literally a line in there about it from Tyrion. "A lot of people underestimated you. Most of them are dead now."

Becuase the show runners wanted to create drama where there was none.

Or the Stark girls wanted Littlefinger nice and comfy believing he was the one playing Sansa and it was Arya that would be executed, continuing to think he had a chance with Sansa and never giving a thought to the fact he should be getting the heck out of there.

One of the better setups the show has done really.

No they wouldn’t, they’d work together but Little finger and Royce would still have the last say over what the KOV do and would be able to veto any decision concerning them.

Well we know with GoT that if someone won't cede to a leader they are told to go.

The show has had plenty of power play moments where it's either their way of the highway.

It's interesting that Jon never knew about Dany scorching the Tarlys, or if he did it's even stranger he never mentioned to her that he has a mate that's not going to be overly happy about it.

I don't find it that out of whack, its not like specifics on the list of people your dragon has barbecued lately would come up that naturally in conversation. "Some lords that wouldn't bend the knee" would be about it I imagine.

Was Roose psychotic? I’d say more pragmatic. His decisions, from betraying Robb to marrying Fat Walda, were all based on reasonable logic.
Yeah your right, he’s more of a sociopath. Either way the Bolton’s aren’t historically the nicest people, their sigil is the flayed man after all.

Look I loved watching Littlefinger get what was coming to him, but I found it a bit misleading, i don't think it was clear what was going on with the characters... if Sansa was playing him from the start i missed the clues.

That was the point, we as the audience were in Littlefingers shoes.

I remember thinking this is a bit bullshit with Arya threatening Sansa, and again just before all is revealed I thought if Sansa ****ing pings Arya here I'm gonna riot lol. Needn't have worried, was glorious :D

So in summary those who think Sansa is thick are saying George RR Martin despite writing story lines where every other Stark kid grew into an influential character with different traits wrote Sansa to be the eternally dumb one.

Not noticing that Sansa was always the odd one out and most distant of the Stark kids who Arya, one of the most intelligent and clued on Starks didn't like yet now sees her in a far different light.

That's some blinkers they must be wearing.

Can't Jon and Dany get married and be King and Queen together?
That didn't really happen all that often throughout Western European history (which the show is loosely based on). I can only think of two royal couples that ruled as equals:
- William III of Orange & Mary II (they only came to power after a revolution and because they weren't Catholic)
- Ferdinand II of Aragon & Isabella of Castille, whose marriage basically unified Spain

It could happen, but it'd be unlikely from a historical perspective, and I'd argue it'd be unlikely from a story telling one too

Well we know with GoT that if someone won't cede to a leader they are told to go.

The show has had plenty of power play moments where it's either their way of the highway.

And you think Jon is going to tell little finger to piss of leg over a battle plan disagreement?

Becuase of you do that’s just a baseless assumption.

So in summary those who think Sansa is thick are saying George RR Martin despite writing story lines where every other Stark kid grew into an influential character with different traits wrote Sansa to be the eternally dumb one.

Not noticing that Sansa was always the odd one out and most distant of the Stark kids who Arya, one of the most intelligent and clued on Starks didn't like yet now sees her in a far different light.

That's some blinkers they must be wearing.
We’re discussing the show not the books here, and I never said the other starks were smart, but nice strawman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, cameo spot!!

Mac from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia!

222capture-png.655817
Yep. It's one of the first things that comes up in the "Game Revealed" video I posted earlier today

I'm taking about the show. GRRM had input into the show. He's not going to have a character portrayed as thick if he wrote them to have substance. Is he?

Never read the books so all based on the show.

Well either the show Runners don’t value his input or he doesn’t care what they do at this point.

Solid 6/10 ep, Stern Dragon was one of the worst moments in the entire series. The show hasn't been GOAT-level since season 4 now, with S5 being pretty bad, S6 being saved by the last 2 eps and S7 being all over the shop. I still have faith they'll finish this series off the way it deserves and this can be a real great season but since the source material ran out, the quality of the show has dipped considerably.

Read somewhere that maybe the Dragon was staring at them because Bran had warged into it; could make sense.

And you think Jon is going to tell little finger to piss of leg over a battle plan disagreement?

Becuase of you do that’s just a baseless assumption.

Yes.

Look at how little Mormont reacted when she didn't like the fact her King had ceded.

Show has had families crack it and remove their support if they don't like a leader.

Snow had to think of only the Wildlings. KoV either would have had to follow him or not.

You're opinion is also full of assumptions.

I don't find it that out of whack, its not like specifics on the list of people your dragon has barbecued lately would come up that naturally in conversation. "Some lords that wouldn't bend the knee" would be about it I imagine.
Well clearly it must have been, but I find that very surprising. It was a pretty momentous event, and the Tarlys were kind of a big deal.

Yes.

Look at how little Mormont reacted when she didn't like the fact her King had ceded.

Show has had families crack it and remove their support if they don't like a leader.

Snow had to think of only the Wildlings. KoV either would have had to follow him or not.

You're opinion is also full of assumptions.

Difference is mine aren’t baseless.

Look I loved watching Littlefinger get what was coming to him, but I found it a bit misleading, i don't think it was clear what was going on with the characters... if Sansa was playing him from the start i missed the clues.

Also, cameo spot!!

Mac from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia!

View attachment 655817
Ummm.... why is my post quoted in here???? Did I post in the wrong thread???

That didn't really happen all that often throughout Western European history (which the show is loosely based on). I can only think of two royal couples that ruled as equals:
- William III of Orange & Mary II (they only came to power after a revolution and because they weren't Catholic)
- Ferdinand II of Aragon & Isabella of Castille, whose marriage basically unified Spain

It could happen, but it'd be unlikely from a historical perspective, and I'd argue it'd be unlikely from a story telling one too

Isn't that a different situation? By and large the kings and queens of Europe were happy to be monarchs of countries. They weren't claiming to be the rightful rulers of Europe.

Well clearly it must have been, but I find that very surprising. It was a pretty momentous event, and the Tarlys were kind of a big deal.

Mightn't have been that momentous to Dany, hasn't been in Westeros since she was an infant so likely not aware of the Tarlys standing (which, while high, isn't tier 1). Also not the sort of thing you're likely to bring up unprompted whilst on your first few dates lol.

Suppose you could make the argument word should have reached Jon via other channels but once people realised Jon and Dany were shacked up that conversation becomes a fair bit harder for the messenger. No biggie in the scheme of things I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back