The Royal Sampler

Floreat Pica, Bitch!
Nov 26, 2006
Hooray For Science, Woo!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies
That doco is very good, just finished watching it. Gives you a real sense of how invested in it everyone associated with the production was. It worked, of course, because visually it was amazing. I feel for those who poured their heart and soul into that final season and have to hear that it wasn’t liked, but the plot not making sense simply isn’t their fault.

FlowersByIrene

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 29, 2012
Perth via Carlton Land
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants, Man U
Re-watching from the start.

This show is rubbish. In one scene Cersei and Jaime are in King's Landing, 5 minutes later they're at Winterfell. This dumb teleporting is so frustrating.
When do you ever see Carsei and Jamie go from Kings Landing to Winterfell. Don't they just arrive at the start of Episode 1, you don't see them in Kings Landing before that? And as far as I recall Carsei never returns to Winterfell

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
When do you ever see Carsei and Jamie go from Kings Landing to Winterfell. Don't they just arrive at the start of Episode 1, you don't see them in Kings Landing before that? And as far as I recall Carsei never returns to Winterfell
Yes you do, they have a scene during Jon Arryn's funeral in King's Landing where they speculate whether he told Robert about the two of them.

Not sure why you're trying to tell me I'm wrong when I literally just watched the episode. :p

Cersei does have a line about them having ridden for a month, but I'm poking fun at people not being happy with Dany flying from Winterfell to Dragonstone in one ep. Clearly the show has always done it when it hasn't felt the need to show the travel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Substance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yes you do, they have a scene during Jon Arryn's funeral in King's Landing where they speculate whether he told Robert about the two of them.

Not sure why you're trying to tell me I'm wrong when I literally just watched the episode. :p

Cersei does have a line about them having ridden for a month, but I'm poking fun at people not being happy with Dany flying from Winterfell to Dragonstone in one ep. Clearly the show has always done it when it hasn't felt the need to show the travel.
Difference is you get a sense of time passing, there are scenes in between showing people preparing, and you get a character mentioning how long they have traveled.

The whole Gendry running to eastwatch, sending a raven to dragonstone and flying all the way across a continent...defending that nonsense is impossible. At the time I just brushed it aside, but looking back it was so stupid, IDK how the script survived the shredder.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Difference is you get a sense of time passing, there are scenes in between showing people preparing, and you get a character mentioning how long they have traveled.

The whole Gendry running to eastwatch, sending a raven to dragonstone and flying all the way across a continent...defending that nonsense is impossible. At the time I just brushed it aside, but looking back it was so stupid, IDK how the script survived the shredder.
I'm talking about Season 8.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Ah, my mistake.
But yes I do agree with you, that episode where the 'teleporting' literally impacted the plot was very bad.

Every other instance people have complained about hasn't had an impact on the plot, just an impact on the speed of the story being told, if that makes sense.

Vader

Sith Lord
Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
I don't think you quite understand what people were complaining about.

Nobody cares about the time jumps. Those are a necessary storytelling artefact, given the times required to travel those distances in a medieval world. What we objected to was them giving ridiculous timeframes for travel, particularly when we have reference times from previous seasons.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
I don't think you quite understand what people were complaining about.

Nobody cares about the time jumps. Those are a necessary storytelling artefact, given the times required to travel those distances in a medieval world. What we objected to was them giving ridiculous timeframes for travel, particularly when we have reference times from previous seasons.
I do know what people are complaining about and several complained about the jumping around the map. If you didn't that's great for you.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Amazing how this has just died in the arse.

It was all anyone was talking about, then they butchered it so badly that it had been almost instantly forgotten.
I suspect a lot of people gave up trying to discuss anything on this thread because it was overtaken by tiresome and repetitive negativity.

Bunkdar

All Australian
Aug 29, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Took some effort but i started watching from beginning.....the nuance, the wit. I remembered why i luv it
Those last couple of seasons should open a portal 2 hell and jump in

King Elvis

Hall of Famer
Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
I suspect a lot of people gave up trying to discuss anything on this thread because it was overtaken by tiresome and repetitive negativity.
Not at all - look at The Last Jedi thread; and I also wasn't talking about Big Footy specifically.

After all of the build up, the excitement and anticipation... no one gives a shit.

Top Bottom