FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

IIRC that was because of magic, so I don't think changing it is that much of an issue (something for the fire witch lady to do?)

Possible I guess, I didn't assume it was a magical issue/curse though. Wasn't there some wording the witch said to her, like you'll carry a child again "when the sun rises in the west and sets in the east" or something, ie. never?

Last edited:
Hmm technically I guess not. Was just taking the witch from season 1 at her word and she was banging it out with Dario Naharis for awhile, seems like he would have knocked her up if she was fertile.

Couldve been just blah blah from the witch.

as for bumping uglies with dario, maybe she wasnt ovulating at the time. lol

Hmm technically I guess not. Was just taking the witch from season 1 at her word and she was banging it out with Dario Naharis for awhile, seems like he would have knocked her up if she was fertile.
Dario could be infertile or they play it off as Jon being a dragon

Season 4 Episode 1

Was it ever revealed why Ed Skrein left the show? And why they replaced him with an actor who looks like a completely different person? Daario Naharis goes from looking like a WWE wrestler to the professor undergraduates think is the 'coolest'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wondered this as well. Been re watching from the start. Tommen was another Lannister kid in an episode and got killed. Next season he is back.
Season 4 Episode 1

Was it ever revealed why Ed Skrein left the show? And why they replaced him with an actor who looks like a completely different person? Daario Naharis goes from looking like a WWE wrestler to the professor undergraduates think is the 'coolest'.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The others they recast were glorified extras at first. Daario was a full character right from the start.

Skrein later said it was "politics" while the show and HBO have never said anything. Maybe it was for a movie but didn't end on good terms either.

You played Daario for three episodes on Game of Thrones and it’s been suggested that you left the show to do Transporter. Was that it?

No. I mean, it wasn’t. That’s what been reported in the press but it was a lot more political than that. My plan was to stay with Game of Thronesfor the long haul. That was always my plan. I would have loved to. It was a wonderful experience, but politics led to us parting ways.

https://ew.com/article/2015/09/03/ed-skrein-transporter-refueled/

Reminds me of Crispin Glover not coming back for the Back to the Future sequels. Decades later that's the role people still remember him for.

That's why Marty's dad is upside down in the future and wearing sunglasses in 1985.

Was a big court case over the studio using footage of Glover from the first movie in the second movie.

"Had they only hired another actor, which is kind of what I thought had happened, that would have been totally legal, and I would have been completely fine with it," said Glover in a radio interview last year, pointing out that the film switched the actresses playing Marty McFly's girlfriend without resorting to prosthetics.

The use of an old face mold went too far.

Glover sued, and according to Doug Kari, his attorney at the time, the complaint itself was purposefully short and simple.

"I kept the factual details out of the complaint, preferring that we hold our cards close to the vest," says Kari. "Having interviewed Jeffrey Weissman, the replacement actor, in the privacy of my office, I knew that we held some aces."

Kari says that Weissman had gone to Glover feeling a bit disturbed by the role and what was happening on the set of Back to the Future II. There, others were referring to him as "Crispin." (Weissman wasn't available to comment.)

"Jeffrey told me a story that one day, [executive producer] Steven Spielberg walked on set and laughed and said, 'Hey Crispin, I see you got your million,' " says Kari. "To me, those anecdotes showed they were trying to take Crispin's persona."

Universal filed a demurrer, arguing that the publicity rights claim should fail because the filmmakers were only trying to perpetuate the George McFly character. As the dispute heated up, Glover and Kari began to have conversations with each other about the future of computer graphic technology and how what was being done to Glover might impact other actors. The argument was passed along to the judge.

"What I said to the judge was, 'Things may happen in the future that will make this important,' " says Kari. "We need to draw a line."

The judge rejected Universal's bid to toss the lawsuit. What's more, she agreed to let Kari depose director Robert Zemeckis, screenwriter Bob Gale, actor Michael J. Fox, Spielberg and others. The plaintiff also wanted a complete accounting of the finances of Back to the Future II because a demand was being made for a share of the film's profits.

Taking the parties into chambers, the judge strongly urged settlement. A deal was indeed made, reportedly for $760,000 at the behest of the company that insured Universal. (Attorneys wouldn't confirm the amount.)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/back-future-ii-a-legal-833705

Last edited:
I wondered this as well. Been re watching from the start. Tommen was another Lannister kid in an episode and got killed. Next season he is back.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's not that big a deal with over a year between appearances, but if you're watching the episodes again, it's pretty damn noticeable when he's Tommen like 3 episodes after being the other Lannister kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back