Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
11am AEST Monday Fox Showcase

‘Game of Thrones’ Season 8 to Premiere in April

HBO has announced the final season of “Game of Thrones” will launch this April.

The news was revealed in a promotional video released by HBO on Tuesday, which teased that all of the conflict fans have seen in the show thus far has all been building to this final confrontation with the White Walkers.

Though no specific date in April is offered in the video, it nevertheless gives fans their first indication of when they can expect the highly-anticipated eighth and final season of the show that has become a global phenomenon. It will also no doubt come as a welcome surprise to the show’s loyal viewers, who will recall they had to wait until July last year when Season 7 premiered. Seasons 1-6 of the series all bowed in April or late March.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-8-premiere-date-hbo-1203027131/

Will have to start my rewatch of seasons 1-7. Great show but with so many great shows being pumped out now it'll probably be the last time I watch it.

Last edited:

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Can't wait. This show goes into my top 10 list of best TV shows I've ever seen.

Most of my favourite shows are comedies but GoT would easily be in the top two best dramas of all time for me, along with The Wire.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Sounds like the big battle with the white walkers is in episode 3.

Not sure what to think.

Does seem like that after building for 8 seasons to humans vs white walkers that the white walkers are going to end up only being a side story.

If the whole conclusion to this is simply about stealing power from Cersei its going to be a massive let down.

#Cerseibetternotbekeytotheendingandruingameofthrones

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Rewatched episode 1. Season 1's episode 1. Feels like a prequel. So many dead characters. It truly has been an epic series. Bits felt like the first hour of The Fellowship of the Ring if exclusively aimed at adults. Jaime pushing Bran out of the tower as good as I remember it.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Yeah I'm in the process of rewatching the whole lot before the final series too.

Only halfway through S1 so far, forgot how brilliant some of those menace filled conversations are when everyone is playing politics early in the piece.

Back