FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction: This will win best post of the thread award.

Hope not, But... The timing in the earlier seasons was much better, It would actually take characters time to travel from place to place creating great fill in dialogue. The writers are now happy to speed things up but make it epic which isn't always bad, I just hope they don't go to far.

Still pretty pumped to see what they come up with.

That’s really disappointing.

It ends up being the shortest season of the entire series for runtime. It’s essentially just a 7.5 episode season.

I was thinking 120-150 minutes for every episode. There is way to much to cover and to close out for it not to be rushed at those run times.

They are going to **** this up.

120 to 150 mins every episode!?? Pure fantasy, never gonna happen. Would cost more than a standard season even with 6 eps.

120 to 150 mins every episode!?? Pure fantasy, never gonna happen. Would cost more than a standard season even with 6 eps.

Well of course it would cost more than a standard season?

It's the finale of a show, who's revenue has exponentially grown as each season has been created.

They also spruiked that this season was always going to be more akin to mini-motion pictures more so than standard TV productions.

Some of last seasons episodes already costed as much as a movie to make, it's all based around a % of their revenue, which is ******* enormous atm.

Well of course it would cost more than a standard season?

It's the finale of a show, who's revenue has exponentially grown as each season has been created.

They also spruiked that this season was always going to be more akin to mini-motion pictures more so than standard TV productions.

Some of last seasons episodes already costed as much as a movie to make, it's all based around a % of their revenue, which is ******* enormous atm.

I thought that was the whole point of the shortened season - cost savings and freeing actors up?

Thought I read somewhere it was only supposed to be 7 seasons and that's what the actors signed up for initially, so they came up with this as a compromise (and a bit more cash no doubt). Could be wrong.

Halfway through season 1. Ned Stark really is out of his depth as basically prime minister. Hindsight is something something but it makes complete sense these politicians will end him (even if it's Joffrey being a short-sighted tool that finally offs him). King Robert *s it for both of them too. He picks a good friend that's a nice guy. He should've picked his father-in-law Tywin. Competent and not at all naive to the realities. But I guess he was drunk and depressed. And hated his wife. Could've picked one of his brothers too.

Wonder if Sean Bean knew who Jon Snow's parents were. Knowing that gives a new perspective to his body language when Jon and the exiled Targaryens are mentioned in his scenes. He quits the job over not wanting Viserys and Daenerys assassinated. And that fits his Ring of Honor shtick but he obviously knows they're his nephew's family too.

The show will be remembered for dragons and explosions and surprise twists but none of that would be as memorable without the character groundwork they set up first.

Viserys got himself killed (episode 6). Did Varys know he was a complete idiot? Or was Daenerys taking over just good fortune?

Harry Lloyd is really good in Counterpart by the way.

Viserys got himself killed (episode 6). Did Varys know he was a complete idiot? Or was Daenerys taking over just good fortune?

I know you hate book spoilers but I can guarantee that none of what I've written below will make it in to the show or will have any relevance with what is still to come if you're genuinely curious.

In the books there is another Targaryen that Varys and Ilyrio are trying to put on the throne. Varys is meant to have arranged some sort of child swap where a peasants son took the place of baby Aegon and then had his head caved in by the Mountain, with the real Aegon supposedly being raised in secret and groomed to lead. However most fans think that he's a pretender.

The plan for Viserys/Dany was for them to invade Westeros with a Dothraki horde, causing the kind of chaos and destruction that would then create the perfect opportunity for their actual Targ candidate to come in and save the day.

None of this will happen in the show as its far too late and quite a few plot points from the Aegon story have already been merged with Dany and some of her supporting players like Jorah

I doubt he switched sides, he hates her and wouldn't see her as a particularly good ruler either. Switching sides doesn't make sense from a personal or pragmatic standpoint.

It will annoy me a lot if this happens, It's a cop but it would also mean a lot of the things that they showed would end of being useless watching again.

Maybe they set up that last scene to get us to think that a switch may happen, or the start of him becoming paranoid about Jon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Episode 8. Robb Stark travels from Winterfell to a field somewhere with his army. Catelyn Stark travels from the Vale to the same field. Tyrion and Bronn travel from the Vale to a different field where the Lannister army is. Nobody called this "teleporting".
The teleporting complaints are completely overplayed. Thry were only made by a couple of fairly thick posters.

You mean people with the ability to think critically about what they're viewing. As distinct from sheeple, who just bleat appreciatively.
There were heaps of reasons to criticise the show in the later seasons. Pacing was one. The idea that teleporting was needed for characters to make it to certain locations at a certain time was not

It absolutely was.
Have an example? As i have never heard one that wasnt explainable by the fact some time had past since their previous scenes and during this time the characters must of travelled. Perhaps the closest you get was the crow flying south of the wall with a message and then danerys flying up to north of the wall in the space of a night. Maybe their crows have super speed or maybe dany had decided to fly up before the crow even got there. There was so much wrong with the adventure up north of the wall that teleporting is well down the list of complaints. That whole storyline was a farce.

Have an example? As i have never heard one that wasnt explainable by the fact some time had past since their previous scenes and during this time the characters must of travelled. Perhaps the closest you get was the crow flying south of the wall with a message and then danerys flying up to north of the wall in the space of a night. Maybe their crows have super speed or maybe dany had decided to fly up before the crow even got there. There was so much wrong with the adventure up north of the wall that teleporting is well down the list of complaints. That whole storyline was a farce.
We went over this last year. There were multiple episodes where teleportation was required. You chose to bring it up, completely unnecessarily. I suggest you leave it alone, so we can look forward to the upcoming Season 8.

Who gives a ******* piece of s**t.

SHUT YOUR PIEHOLE

SxSvwh.gif

The most concerning thing for me is how clean some of the characters look. Too clean
Funny you should say that. I read an article recently, in which Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) was saying that the thing she hated most about filming was that the producers wouldn't let her wash her hair. It was only in later seasons that she was allowed to wear a wig, the downside of which was spending a lot more time in makeup.
https://www.glamour.com/story/sophie-turner-wash-hair-game-of-thrones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back