FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is a still a whole lot more than the 'turn around!' in ep 5. I've also gotta stop watching that clip because it's riddled with continuity errors around the position of Euron.
Stop tap dancing mate. You just showed a clip that disproved what you originally claimed!

I've never seen someone own themselves so thoroughly. :eek:

papbkPX.png

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
On the other hand, if there's no assassination attempt Jorah is never exposed as a double agent before becoming ride or die for Dany removing a big betrayal from her story, and from memory she wasn't all that interested in Westeros before it. One of those self fulfilling prophecies I think, treating her as a threat antagonized her to the point she became one.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
On the other hand, if there's no assassination attempt Jorah is never exposed as a double agent before becoming ride or die for Dany removing a big betrayal from her story, and from memory she wasn't all that interested in Westeros before it. One of those self fulfilling prophecies I think, treating her as a threat antagonized her to the point she became one.

Excellent observation, my man!

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
Nah. Ever heard the term vocal minority?

Considering most people dont go onto IMDB it's irrelevant if trying to say majority or all.

Considering how well rated the other seasons are including 9.9 for Battle of the bastards and the red wedding episodes..it’s very telling the 6’s these episodes are receiving from a big amount of votes.

Not just a coincidence, the facts speak for themselves that my opinion is what the masses think. The ones loving the plot lines and poor writing are the outliers right now.

Each to their own though.

If they hadn't killed Viserion last episode, Jon would have been on him for the battle this season and raised its own issues.

Imagine jon riding his own dragon trying to stop dany being a psycho, a random ballista strikes him and jon watches helplessly from the bay as dany burninates everyone

So coming into the finale we have the Clegane house with no surviving members and Lannister & Tarly with one.

Any others I've missed?
Targaryen 2
Stark 3
Reed 2
Frey unknown (lots of daughters etc.)
Baelish 0
Tully ?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umbers and the Mormonts.
Can’t be many of them left, I’m afraid. I liked that meme about if Lyanna Mormont had three dragons, the show would have ended two seasons ago!

EDIT: Fairly certain the Mormonts and Umbers are all gone. The NK/WWs got to the Umbers before reaching Winterfell... and if Lyanna was the ranking Mormont, there can’t have been many left.

Last edited:

Baldur

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 23, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm coming around to the idea that Dany hasn't gone mad, she's made a rational decision that this is the outcome that she wants. We see it in the choosing fear comment she makes to Jon. If Viserion falls in the battle and then she wigs out, it gives her a sympathetic out in the eyes of the audience, that she was acting in the heat of the moment. We are not meant to sympathise with Dany and her choices in this episode.

When Tryian was explaining about the bells, she looks a Grey Worm & nods. Could be her telling Grey Worm "Sure we do it his way" or it could be "Nuh, burn them all like we agreed".

Considering how well rated the other seasons are including 9.9 for Battle of the bastards and the red wedding episodes..it’s very telling the 6’s these episodes are receiving from a big amount of votes.

Not just a coincidence, the facts speak for themselves that my opinion is what the masses think. The ones loving the plot lines and poor writing are the outliers right now.

What percentage of the shows audience do you think casts votes on IMDB?

Do you reckon it even hits 1%?

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

You've also got to take into account that thousands of IMDB users had rated the episode as zero before it even aired though. There has been a fair bit of brigading going on this season.

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
You've also got to take into account that thousands of IMDB users had rated the episode as zero before it even aired though. There has been a fair bit of brigading going on this season.

You can’t do that..

Just like right now you can’t rate episode 6 until it airs either.

The rating system doesn’t open until the episode has aired.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

Nah just the usual amusing outrage when things dont go like someone has as their own personal fan fic.

Not fact at all. Yours and, admittedly, a lot of other people's opinions. I don't think it's the majority though.

Just take ownership of your own opinion. You don't speak for all.

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
When I commenced the most recent episode on Monday night I had at the back of my mind 'I reckon people on BigFooty will criticise that' after a scene or two.

But then I pretty much told myself just to watch it and enjoy it and my whole outlook changed on the very episode I was watching.

I dunno... people can love or hate the show all they want, but try and do yourself a favour and try to remain positive when watching the next ep.

There is no way 1 billion people watch each episode of got.

Only 16.7 mil watched ep 1 in the us which is around 0.05% of their population

Extrapolate that out it's around 376mil world wide.

And 110k is a pretty decent sample size for gathering data regardless

When I commenced the most recent episode on Monday night I had at the back of my mind 'I reckon people on BigFooty will criticise that' after a scene or two.

But then I pretty much told myself just to watch it and enjoy it and my whole outlook changed on the very episode I was watching.

I dunno... people can love or hate the show all they want, but try and do yourself a favour and try to remain positive when watching the next ep.
Or at the very least neutral!

There is no way 1 billion people watch each episode of got.

Only 16.7 mil watched ep 1 in the us which is around 0.05% of their population

Extrapolate that out it's around 376mil world wide.

And 110k is a pretty decent sample size for gathering data regardless
On your maths that’s 0.03% of people who legally watched it.

It’s the most downloaded illegally watched show in the world so the actual percentage is far less.

Add in the organised dogpiling on social media from offended fanbois and it really comes to mean totally f all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back