FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

On your maths that’s 0.03% of people who legally watched it.

It’s the most downloaded illegally watched show in the world so the actual percentage is far less.

Add in the organised dogpiling on social media from offended fanbois and it really comes to mean totally f all.

Who is organising votes on imdb?
That sounds like some crazy s**t made up by people who are super desperate to like it because they have invested so much time into it.

For the record imo episode 1 good, 2 decent, 3 hot garbage, 4 first half ok second half meh, 5 good except for the 10 minutes with the work experience kids on the balistas.

And like i said 110,000 votes is a massive sample size.

I wonder if they didnt show her in mad queen mode because she didnt have the acting abilities to pull it off. It would of been nice to see her facial expression whilst she was looking down at women and children and made the decision to burn them alive.
The scene were she made the decision to burn everything did enough. She had no POV from that point which I think was a deliberate attempt to seperate her from the audience just like the screaming masses. That showed the effect of her decision and the resulted carnage.

Well done I thought.

Who is organising votes on imdb?
That sounds like some crazy **** made up by people who are super desperate to like it because they have invested so much time into it.

For the record imo episode 1 good, 2 decent, 3 hot garbage, 4 first half ok second half meh, 5 good except for the 10 minutes with the work experience kids on the balistas.

And like i said 110,000 votes is a massive sample size.
But it’s not a massive sample size bearing in mind the size of the audience and the fact that it only records those who make the effort to vote on it. That always attracts a protest vote.

It’s not like the watchers were polled independently.

GoT is getting very skewed results as episode 3 turned many social media fanbois who didn’t get what they want troppo. It’s caught fire amongst a certain part of the population, a lot book fans and YouTube watchers.

Saying organised made have been an exaggeration on my part but it’s a tidal wave of hysteria in certain groups.

Just look at the posters here and all over the net that pot the forthcoming episodes before they even air. It’s just crazy. You simply can’t enjoy a show or be independent of thought if you think the writers are certain to stuff it up.

But it’s not a massive sample size bearing in mind the size of the audience and the fact that it only records those who make the effort to vote on it. That always attracts a protest vote.

It’s not like the watchers were polled independently.

GoT is getting very skewed results as episode 3 turned many social media fanbois who didn’t get what they want troppo. It’s caught fire amongst a certain part of the population, a lot book fans and YouTube watchers.

Saying organised made have been an exaggeration on my part but it’s a tidal wave of hysteria in certain groups.

Just look at the posters here and all over the net that pot the forthcoming episodes before they even air. It’s just crazy. You simply can’t enjoy a show or be independent of thought if you think the writers are certain to stuff it up.

Considering political surveys that tell us who is apparently going to win on Saturday often use only 1000 people yes 100k is massive even given the total population of anywhere between 400million to 1 billion people.

It would be interesting to see the imdb numbers with zeros and 10s removed, because just like there are plenty of downvoters there are also plenty of people who vote things a 10 no matter what.

Also after 3 and 4 being steaming turds I expected nothing decent from the last 2 but like I said short of the 10 minutes with the balistas ep 5 was quite good

I think it was a conscious decision to show it from the ground level and focus on the impact. If your focus is on Dany, there’s more of a chance you’ll sympathise with her than be disgusted with her actions.
Agreed. Been saying this for a while, having a POV that shows her insistence on death and destruction was the only way to remove all attachment from Danny.

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
papbkPX.png

And the Night King destroys all of Westeros without any Dragons and her army to help fight him.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I know it’s a huge point of conjecture but I buy the Mad Targaryen arc. She’s always had a propensity for disproportional cruelty towards those that she deemed as other. Sure, these people were repugnant slave owners, the Khals who wanted to subjugate her or individuals who betrayed her like Mirri Maz Durr, Viserys and Xaro etc. Season 7 showed her sheer bloody mindedness to force surrender, she effectively held Jon hostage when he articulated why he could not bend the knee and she burned the Tarlys alive for their open defiance of her.

All of her efforts to garner the love of the people have been in vain. She has suffered great loss, she feels alone, frustrated, rejected, taken advantage of and ill-advised. When these stubborn shits eventually bend the knee, she thinks no - I gave you plenty of chances for mercy, now it’s time for punishment.

I get why people are upset but overall I think her story fits pretty well with the GOT ethos of generally not having a strictly good or evil characters. Having circumstances test moral compasses and a good exposition of human failing in the powerful.
Great post

I had an analogy that fits

''If I cant be loved I will be feared'' is the battle cry for most of the school shooters over the last 20 years. Respect me , hate me but dont ignore me.

Dany being isolated at Winterfell then rejected by Jon was the trigger. In movie terms she went Carrie.

Even the tolling of the bells is very school oriented.

When I commenced the most recent episode on Monday night I had at the back of my mind 'I reckon people on BigFooty will criticise that' after a scene or two.

But then I pretty much told myself just to watch it and enjoy it and my whole outlook changed on the very episode I was watching.

I dunno... people can love or hate the show all they want, but try and do yourself a favour and try to remain positive when watching the next ep.
That’s interesting, I quite liked everything up until Dany started burning civilians. Tyrion annoyed me by betraying Dany instantly on hearing Jaime was held captive, but the scene between them was good.

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
Considering political surveys that tell us who is apparently going to win on Saturday often use only 1000 people yes 100k is massive even given the total population of anywhere between 400million to 1 billion people.

It would be interesting to see the imdb numbers with zeros and 10s removed, because just like there are plenty of downvoters there are also plenty of people who vote things a 10 no matter what.

Also after 3 and 4 being steaming turds I expected nothing decent from the last 2 but like I said short of the 10 minutes with the balistas ep 5 was quite good

The point that people aren’t comprehending properly is that it isn’t necessarily how things are ending that have been annoying.. it’s the lazy writing and rushed conclusion to events.

It’s the fact that when you’ve watched seasons 1-7 and the writing (in line with the books) and plot lines that are developed and drawn out are top notch, you expect that quality the whole way through.

It doesn’t matter HOW it ends it’s the fact that the season is rushed, the writing is poor for a lot of the conclusions to events and the cinematography is excellent.

It’s not their fault that the longer the show has gone past the books the worse the strorytelling and plot developments have gone. This is the case particularly because they really are basing their writing on just a thought and trying to articulate that without the source data available. When it was available they were able to execute exceptional portrayal of events and story arcs though episodes like the red wedding (which received a 9.9 rating from 77,000 IMDb users (which I’m sure the users on here would say is a huge sample...if it suited their argument)).

Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys Chicago Bulls
That’s interesting, I quite liked everything up until Dany started burning civilians. Tyrion annoyed me by betraying Dany instantly on hearing Jaime was held captive, but the scene between them was good.

This is what shits me.
Rats on Varys and i'm thinking, wow you really are devoted to the queen, 15 min later... Betrays her.

I mean come on, what in the *.

This episode had some really great moments in it, they just needed to tidy up the writing and storylines and it would have been the most epic 70 minutes of TV ever.

Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
"We will lay waste to armies and burn cities to the ground.. Turn us away, and we will burn you first"..

They only needed to play off that, have the people reject her, this would kick start the mad queen into burning innocents.

She lost Rhaegal, Jorah, Missandei, Jon utensil blocked her, the last piece of the puzzle were the people rejecting her.

This is what shits me.
Rats on Varys and i'm thinking, wow you really are devoted to the queen, 15 min later... Betrays her.

I mean come on, what in the ****.

This episode had some really great moments in it, they just needed to tidy up the writing and storylines and it would have been the most epic 70 minutes of TV ever.

Jaime's always been the most important person in Tyrion's life, it's pretty believable that he'd value him higher than his loyalty to Daenerys.

Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Jaime's always been the most important person in Tyrion's life, it's pretty believable that he'd value him higher than his loyalty to Daenerys.

No that is believable, but don't have Tyrion ratting on Varys 15 min earlier. That seemed out of character for him.

No that is believable, but don't have Tyrion ratting on Varys 15 min earlier. That seemed out of character for him.
Correct, it was akin to Sansa’s oath-blab in terms of time allocated.

But Tyrion had already made it clear to Varys that he was sticking by Dany. When he saw Varys pretty much be openly rebellious approaching Jon he knew that Varys machinations were in place and that he had to report it to Dany, otherwise he is complicit. There's no evidence shown that he knew that Varys was trying to poison her but he knows Varys well enough to know that he would be hatching some plan.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
But Tyrion had already made it clear to Varys that he was sticking by Dany. When he saw Varys pretty much be openly rebellious approaching Jon he knew that Varys machinations were in place and that he had to report it to Dany, otherwise he is complicit. There's no evidence shown that he knew that Varys was trying to poison her but he knows Varys well enough to know that he would be hatching some plan.
He knew that before when he had a meeting with varys about switching to Jon.

Back