FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

If they'd done a different ending, wouldn't those screaming for GRRM's version be even louder?

No, because we weren't getting it either way. We got the bullet points, but not the paragraphs leading to them. I think it would have taken another 3+ seasons to get GRRM's ending.

His theory, doing what the author had broadly planned for his unfinished book series actually worked against the show's story, is a good one. Someone going crazy over two, 1000 page books is probably far more convincing. Daenerys getting killed by a White Walker or Euron or an alligator would've been more believable than the 'Oh she's crazy now, just believe it, now someone must murder her' forced stuff we got.

While yeah, a different direction might have worked better for tv, SM's right in that they were damned if they did damned if they didn't. Think about the level of analysis, criticism and hysteria we saw for this season - then imagine the showrunners putting out that they intentionally deviated from the source material re: character endings like Dany's. Holy s**t, the internet would explode.

Can't agree with your strawman scenario re: believability. Was no doubt rushed and definitely needed a few more eps, but the bones were there. Honestly find this idea that Dany's madness came out of nowhere one of the more bizarre takes you hear about this season.

Why would GRRM ever finish his books?

a) the ending has already been spoiled
b) people already think he’s a genius, especially compared to D&D
c) he’s very wealthy already, doesn’t need the money

Seems to me he has plenty to lose and very little to gain.

Who cares what about those screaming for GRRM's version?

I don't know?

But people who are unhappy wouldn't have been any happier if they hadn't used GRRM's version..

I'm not sure what you're going for here.

I don't know?

But people who are unhappy wouldn't have been any happier if they hadn't used GRRM's version..

I'm not sure what you're going for here.

I don’t think you’re even sure what you were going for there.

I don’t think you’re even sure what you were going for there.

I know exactly what I meant and should have known better than to expect reasoned discussion from you.

Disappointing yet again.

Bourbons had no issues understanding.

Why would GRRM ever finish his books?

a) the ending has already been spoiled
b) people already think he’s a genius, especially compared to D&D
c) he’s very wealthy already, doesn’t need the money

Seems to me he has plenty to lose and very little to gain.

Not reading until he or whoever is wheeled out after his death finishes it.

Really?

It sure didn’t seem like it...

That was a response to your weird question that I had no idea how to answer as it was not any sort of response to what I had said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets face it. This show had the worst final season of all time. It has surpassed both Lost and Dexter for worst final season. It was unbelievable that HBO allowed the script to proceed.

Agreed.

I'm still ******* pissed.
Stupid to care this much about a TV show, but man i was heavily invested.

How I Met Your Mother is right up there for the worst final season ever.
It was pretty bad, but it was a sitcom not a story driven drama

Hate the story as much as you like, it was still a great viewing spectacle.
But GoT was much more story driven than visual spectacle driven show.

Up to Season 3 on our re-watch, and still finding lots of allusions to the Finale.

Davos as they approach King's Landing in the Battle of Blackwater hearing the bells ring to indicate the wild fire attack is about to begin "Bells. In my experiences bells have never meant the city is surrendering."

Whether intentional or not, little things like that are pretty cool to pick up. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back