Game of Thrones

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, of course they weren't all going to be as quick as the first couple of books, but it shits me how many seemingly useless characters he puts into those later books, only for them to disappear or get killed off. I just hope he has a grand, overarching plan to bring most of these guys back into it later on in a way that makes their chapters in the earlier books worthwhile.

I don't want to give too much away but one in particular is the Brienne plot line - incredibly slow and frustrating, and then confusing, so she had better have a really good contribution to make later on.

Brienne is a bit lame. But we do get some good insight Into a few things.

Spoilers from book 4 below but I've kept things pretty vague

We see lady Stonehart and the river lands crew like Gendrey
We get an interesting relationship forming between Jamie and Brienne and then the consequence that might occur with Stoneharts request
And we perhaps find a character who dies and is reborn as a member of the church. Who might have an encounter with set Robert Strong. Brothers perhaps...

OH BOY WOWEE... I didn't realise it was going to happen so early in the series.
I guess there is a cure for being a campaigner after all. :cool:
I too was pretty surprised with how soon it was, but I think some of the stuff is a bit mixed around and by combining all the wedding chapters in the book together I guess it wasn't too far off.

Oh Joff.

Please die. Wait, not bad enough death.

We need a Dees board definitive list of those they would least like to die.

I say least like as eventually everyone on this show/book/series deserves to die.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back