Game of Thrones - spoilers inside

Remove this Banner Ad

Cersei's prophecy almost seems like spoiling the show at this point, spoilers below of the quotes.

"Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear."

"Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar (Valonqar is little brother in Valyrian) shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

Awesome!! Had to re watch ep 9 before the finale. Such a brilliant battle sequence, just exhilarating stuff. Then the finale, wow what a great end to a great season.

Tyrion and Dany scene was great. Loved that Arya got revenge on Frey, I did see this coming as thought no other reason to have him back other that this.

Totally didnt expect Tommen to top himself... especially Denholm jumps out of a window style.

The most common magic in Westeros seems to be fast travel/hearthstone. Everyone seems to be able to get to a new destination very quickly now. Varys got back from Dorne to Mereen very quickly, and Jaime got back from Riverrun to King's Landing very quickly too

The most common magic in Westeros seems to be fast travel/hearthstone. Everyone seems to be able to get to a new destination very quickly now. Varys got back from Dorne to Mereen very quickly, and Jaime got back from Riverrun to King's Landing very quickly too

Yet Gendry has been rowing to King's Landing for 3 years.

Cersei's prophecy almost seems like spoiling the show at this point, spoilers below of the quotes.

"Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear."

"Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar (Valonqar is little brother in Valyrian) shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

I get the feeling Maggy's Prophecy will end in a manner that echoes the fall of Aerys but with a role reversal for the Targaryeans and Lannisters this time around. With Dany and the gates and the city lost Cersei will be bereft of hope and willing to burn the city down rather than relinquish it to Dany, the "younger and more beautiful" and Jamie will once again have to slay the person in charge to avoid that and will ironically be the younger brother responsible for her death.

Terrific episode. Enjoyed it more than last weeks and that's saying something as last weeks was on of the best episodes in all 6 seasons in my opinion. Biggest surprise was probably Tommen jumping to his death. Just happened all of a sudden and almost randomly. Arya is a little gangster. Love her.

A man is very happy with how that went.

This man is not! This man wants it now!

Back in the good old black & white days, shows like "Superman", "Rin Tin Tin" & others played every afternoon for years! Even "Cisco Kid" & "The Lone Ranger" lasted more than a couple of months!

I just don't understand the fixation people have with this in a show where gods, dragons and magic are very real. Besides ,as long as you except there can be weeks/ months between some scenes it's really not that hard. It seems as though people would like a timestamp for each scene (incidentally, I love those things).

I agree with TFB, but at the same time the Varys one annoyed me a bit too. Just seemed pointless for him to go over to Dorne, have a quick chat come all the way back only to hope back on a boat.

If he was in Dorne to gather allies it would make sense for him to just stay there with her impending arrival in the west.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with TFB, but at the same time the Varys one annoyed me a bit too. Just seemed pointless for him to go over to Dorne, have a quick chat come all the way back only to hope back on a boat.

If he was in Dorne to gather allies it would make sense for him to just stay there with her impending arrival in the west.

That's been cleared up for me, that it has been months because the sigils on the fleet included Martell and Tyrell, so they dropped in at Dorne (which is the Florida of Westeros) on their way back from Essos.

It does seem clumsy on TV if you haven't read the books. I haven't read the books but have learnt a lot of important contextual points from watching youtube vids. I find the time thing a bit of a meh point but can understand some TV viewers complaining. You can't just implement that without explanation and have one story arc going on in real time and then months passed in the very next scene in a different story arc. It hurts the story telling because the viewer is dragged out of the immersion of the show. Unless they're noting small details (like the sigils on the ships) it looks clumsy and is likely to confuse.

Apparently some of these places are quite close together so it is feasible that characters can move around quickly. But again unless you know the geography of the game of thrones world it won't make sense.

It's just such an inconsequential thing for people to get hung up on. It just shows the inability by some people to use any degree of logical thinking - the most obvious answer to these things is obviously (to me anyway) "oh, a bit of time must have passed between those scenes". I think the clumsier option is to have the characters explain it: "Gee Varys, I'm glad you were able to make it from Dorne on time".

It just reminds me of those Itchy & Scratchy nerds...

I work in a field that deals with image resampling and I scoff whenever I see a scene where they enhance the s**t out of a pixelated image to see a licence plate. "Enhancing..." my arse!! But it doesn't kill my enjoyment of that show. Nor do I complain loudly about it.

For mine the battle scenes are far more unbelieveable but no one seems to bang on about them.

Last edited:
Is it just me or has the decline in quality of the series since season 4 become very stark?

I think the last season and the current season so far have been big improvements on 4 and 5.

I think the last season and the current season so far have been big improvements on 4 and 5.

Really? I felt four was of extremely high quality, not as high as the three preceding but better than just about anything else on television and I was still excited every week to tune. Five was awful but I felt six was probably worse with the exception of the Battle of the Bastards. I may just have series fatigue but I'm really just tuning in out of habit and due to having been invested this long at this point.

I'm still really enjoying them, to be honest. Despite a marked reduction in the level of nudity, incest, and nude incest.
Hence the eunuch sex scene to keep people watching.

Think last season had some great episodes. This season has had some good moments but maybe hasnt had an amazing episode yet

Really? I felt four was of extremely high quality, not as high as the three preceding but better than just about anything else on television and I was still excited every week to tune. Five was awful but I felt six was probably worse with the exception of the Battle of the Bastards. I may just have series fatigue but I'm really just tuning in out of habit and due to having been invested this long at this point.

It's a fair point about series fatigue. It hits different people at different times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back