Analysis Game Plan for the Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

It's interesting that for a few games last month, we've been going with DeBoer and Suban at the coal face rather than Mick, as we would usually do. Is it Ross being coy about his intentions deliberately or poor coaching not to go with one our best mids' strengths?
I think he has deliberately rested Barlow for the Finals by keeping him out of the middle. We saw Barlow's role yesterday against Port Adelaide.

I think he has deliberately rested Barlow for the Finals by keeping him out of the middle. We saw Barlow's role yesterday against Port Adelaide.

Yes, I agree. Barlow also played in the middle against North as well as this week against Port. Expect he will stay there throughout the finals.

We can't deliver up the crap that was dished in finals up last year.

Do what ever it takes.
I thought we were bloody good against Port bar the inaccurate goal kicking and injuries which killed us in the second half.

Barlow into the guts more and Fyfe forward a little more seèms likely. With Barlow having been held out of the packs a bit so far this year he has had a softer season, and hopefully that can translate into a fresher performance in the role he is made for in the finals. Fyfe is our trump, but he may not be up to going 4 quarters superman in the middle, and he has already shown that he can bring some value into our forward line.
This is certain. Ross said in his presser LAST week how rapt he was with Barlow in the centre so will be even happier with him yesterday. Fyfe to spend more time forward and Barlow doing a lot more clearance work to help out Fyfe, Mundy and Neale in the centre.

WC win be better for my vote.. we want hawks as banged up as possible when/if we meet them. Prefer our chances against you blokes in the gf too

Hey guys, just thought I'd drop in and congratulate you on your season thus far. As much as I hope you crash and burn( I'm sure the feeling is mutual) Good luck over the coming weeks.
Bring it on.

Hey guys, just thought I'd drop in and congratulate you on your season thus far. As much as I hope you crash and burn( I'm sure the feeling is mutual) Good luck over the coming weeks.
Bring it on.

No, we all actually hope you live long and prosper. You cut us deep with the comment Seadog, real deep. :(:(:(:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Adelaide wouldn't mind their chances against WCE in a semi....Nothing to lose really...
So for that reason, I would like Hawthorn to win :).....Ideal situation for us would be Hawks in a close one...Adelaide beat WC in the semi, then we beat Adelaide.....Richmond beat Sydney then Hawthorn ;)!!!.
Go the Freo v Richmond GF :)!!!

I think Adelaide wouldn't mind their chances against WCE in a semi....Nothing to lose really...
So for that reason, I would like Hawthorn to win :).....Ideal situation for us would be Hawks in a close one...Adelaide beat WC in the semi, then we beat Adelaide.....Richmond beat Sydney then Hawthorn ;)!!!.
Go the Freo v Richmond GF :)!!!
That'd be nice but I can't see Adelaide beating West coast over here. Maybe if it was in Adelaide.

I'm pretty sure it'll be a derby grand final now...which is too much for me to handle right now.

Last edited:
That's be nice but I can't see Adelaide beating West coast over here. Maybe if it was in Adelaide.

I'm pretty sure it'll be a derby grand final now...which it's too much for me to handle right now.
No!...No!!!...NO!!!!!!!!
I just could not handle it if we lost :(!!!
To get to that though, WC would have to beat Hawthorn, and us win obviously against the Swans.....If WC lose, then it could see a derby prelim.
Their game is first...If they lose, do we tank against the swans to avoid a derby prelim ;)!!! Lol.

Who takes Franklin, Tippett and Reid out of Johnson, McPharlin and Dawson?

What happens when Franklin or Reid push into the midfield, do we swap players? Leave them unmanned or follow them up?

You can't leave Franklin unmanned on the wing, but I wouldn't want McPharlin chasing him through the midfield either.

Reid was brilliant when we last played them on the wing. Who do we have to man up on him, should he run through the midfield?

What happens when Franklin or Reid push into the midfield, do we swap players? Leave them unmanned or follow them up?

You can't leave Franklin unmanned on the wing, but I wouldn't want McPharlin chasing him through the midfield either.

Reid was brilliant when we last played them on the wing. Who do we have to man up on him, should he run through the midfield?
McPharlin to Franklin
Dawson to Tippett
Johnson to Pyke/Reid

Whoever is marking Goodes needs to run him into the ground in the first half.

I'd say that the logical match ups would be: Franklin-Mcpharlin, Tippett-Dawson and Reid-MJ.

Watching Franklin the last fortnight and I'm not sure he will be able to push into the midfield all that much....has looked very, very sore and well below his best.

McPharlin to Franklin
Dawson to Tippett
Johnson to Pyke/Reid

Whoever is marking Goodes needs to run him into the ground in the first half.
I'd say that the logical match ups would be: Franklin-Mcpharlin, Tippett-Dawson and Reid-MJ.

Watching Franklin the last fortnight and I'm not sure he will be able to push into the midfield all that much....has looked very, very sore and well below his best.

What happens if Franklin spends all day on the wing. Do we keep these match ups?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back