- Oct 26, 2013
- AFL Club
- Other Teams
- SFFC, LFC, ADO, CI Warriors
I'll ask you to cast your minds back to 2017.
It was a simpler time back then. Travel was a thing, border closures weren't. There was no Covid and no covfefe, while closer to home the Great Purple Reset had begun. A young Nathan Fyfe assumed captaincy of a club that was Pavlichless for the first time this century. We farewelled a Tarago full of heart-and-soul players while welcoming Messers McCarthy, Hill the younger, Hamling,
It was also in 2017 when the reigning moderator Righteo started up the first Fremantle board Game Previews thread, where he invited the board to get creative and write up previews for Freo games for that season. In a tightly-run contest it was Arcassius who came away with the victory for this double-ended Derby preview, and was appointed Fremantle Poster of the Year for his efforts.
The next couple of season saw the thread become an incubator for Champagne Sh*tposting, as many of us tried our hand at posting game previews. The 2018 version saw more sterling efforts, and in the end some campaigner won by ripping off Edgar Allan Poe; while the tradition continued in 2019 as the board continued to give great effort in their game previews before noted media mogul TheInjuryFactory saluted with his piece entitled "The Mayne Event".
Then 2020 happened.
A void descended over the land. The tradition was broken, despite the rise in the gig economy the crowdsourced game previews did not occur, and there was great wailing and gnashing of teeth across the Freo board.
But rejoice my loyal subjects! My first decree as your new
- Reply to this thread to sign up for any match you'd like to preview in the upcoming season. First in, best dressed, so if you want a specific match try and get in early, and I will update the below fixture accordingly;
- There is no criteria to sign up apart from being a Freo board poster, you don't have to have been a poster for a long time or have made a lot of posts, but just make sure you're in a position to write one when it's your week. If you can't do it when the time comes, let me or one of proper mods (Snuffaluphagus & BeinPurplenGreen) know and we will probably sort out a suitable punishment and/or replacement;
- Have fun with the preview. Make it interesting, it doesn't have to be written under a certain guideline or include x,y,z- write it the way you want, use pictures, videos, whatever. A good dose of humour never hurts either;
- This is a competition, so previews judged the best by your peers (most liked, how else do you quantify "best" on the internet) will join Arcassius, TheInjuryFactory and I as official Fremantle Posters of the Year, and will receive a shiny badge that looks like this:
Round 1 vs Melbourne @ away DockerDen5215
Round 2 vs GWS @ home Yeti
Round 3 vs Carlton @ away Megalon
Round 4 vs Hawthorn @ home Square Peg
Round 5 vs Adelaide @ away dockerfemme
Round 6 vs North Melbourne @ home Snuffaluphagus
Round 7 vs WCE @ away Piggy Smalls
Round 8 vs Brisbane @
Round 9 vs Essendon @ away BeinPurplenGreen
Round 10 vs Sydney @ home BeinPurplenGreen
Round 11 vs Port Adelaide @ away
Round 12 vs Western Bulldogs @ home Tonga Bob
Round 13 vs Gold Coast @ home Megalon
Round 14 vs bye Gekko71
Round 15 vs Collingwood @ away BarbieITFC
Round 16 vs Carlton @ home Purple_Turtle
Round 17 vs
Round 18 vs Geelong @ home Docker Gun
Round 19 vs Sydney @ away BeinPurplenGreen
Round 20 vs Richmond @ home Docker Gun
Round 21 vs Brisbane @
Round 22 vs WCE @ home Gekko71
Round 23 vs St Kilda @ away Yeti
Do you have what it takes to have your head added to the busts of Arcassius, TheInjuryFactory & yours truly atop Mt Postmore?
If you do then pick your round, get your thinking cap on, chuck some stuff at the screen and who knows what may happen. Let's goooooooooooo!!!!!