Game Summary: Melbourne v. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

I am sure Essendon are quaking in their boots

You have won three home games and lost in Melbourne.

Geelong at Shell Stadium will be your first real test.

If Dew, Francou and Primus and the rest of the SANFL compo side Mark 11 play well you are a chance.

Originally posted by Jars458:

I take it you don't count the crows as a real test? That's the most intelligent thing you've implied since you graced our prescence with your stupidity.
Now, fu*k off you w***er!!

------------------
If ya smell what Santos is cooking!!

Originally posted by Santos L Helper:

I take it you don't count the crows as a real test? That's the most intelligent thing you've implied since you graced our prescence with your stupidity.
Now, fu*k off you w***er!!

Your grip on the English language is fantastic.

I of course agree the Crows were not a real test as we have been playing very ordinary footy.

I can be realistic about my team... Can you.

Personal abuse is funny as it only serves to reveal you for the person you are.

Geelong will probably win.

Have a nice day, and don't drive angry.

Cheers

------------------
"That'll do, THAT will do...Unbelievable Darren"
Bruce... September 1997

Your grip on the English language is fantastic.

I of course agree the Crows were not a real test as we have been playing very ordinary footy.

I can be realistic about my team... Can you.

Personal abuse is funny as it only serves to reveal you for the person you are.

Geelong will probably win.

Have a nice day, and don't drive angry.

Cheers

Poor old Jars, you want to change the rules half way through the game. You berate me for my personal abuse, but I'm wondering what you expected when from your first post you were abusing and criticising one of our most favourite players? I believe it was you that came to our boards with the agressive attitude (yes I know it wasn't personal) and yet when we come back agressively to stand up for one of our own you tell us we aren't being realistic.
I think it's great that you can be realistic about YOUR team, but how can we consider holding a civilised discussion with you when all you have done so far is criticise our team and players? I find it amusing that suddenly your being all contrite and passing yourself off as a reasonable, civilised person. If you had bothered to make your first post an intelligent criticism, rather than straight abuse, we (I) may have given you the response you seem to now want, and probably deserve. You are the first person I have resorted to that type of abuse with, but I am not the only one who wanted to jump down your throat. Maybe that's an indication that when you make your first post an agressive one, you can expect agression back.
I hope that we may be able to hold an intelligent discussion about our teams at some stage.
ps. Be careful when you abuse someone about their use of the English language, you may wind up eating your words.

------------------
If ya smell what Santos is cooking!!

[This message has been edited by Santos L Helper (edited 25 April 2001).]

Originally posted by Port Adelaide 1870:
Here it comes AFL....be scared...very scared......

PA1870

Well, it's taken you five years, and a chat with Malcolm Blight (mid-way thru last season) to get there.....
smile.gif

Originally posted by Santos L Helper:
Poor old Jars, you want to change the rules half way through the game. You berate me for my personal abuse, but I'm wondering what you expected when from your first post you were abusing and criticising one of our most favourite players? I believe it was you that came to our boards with the agressive attitude (yes I know it wasn't personal) and yet when we come back agressively to stand up for one of our own you tell us we aren't being realistic.
I think it's great that you can be realistic about YOUR team, but how can we consider holding a civilised discussion with you when all you have done so far is criticise our team and players? I find it amusing that suddenly your being all contrite and passing yourself off as a reasonable, civilised person. If you had bothered to make your first post an intelligent criticism, rather than straight abuse, we (I) may have given you the response you seem to now want, and probably deserve. You are the first person I have resorted to that type of abuse with, but I am not the only one who wanted to jump down your throat. Maybe that's an indication that when you make your first post an agressive one, you can expect agression back.
I hope that we may be able to hold an intelligent discussion about our teams at some stage.
ps. Be careful when you abuse someone about their use of the English language, you may wind up eating your words.

I think being agressive about the opposition team is entirely different to being personally abusive.

I happen to believe Tredrea is overated. I happen to believe that the PAP's have yet to achieve anything.

Clearly they are playing excellent football at the moment, but all their wins have been at home.

It can't be denied that Geelong will be a real test at Shell Stadium, however with Port having an extra days rest and Geelong playing in shocking conditions on Sunday, this will give Port a good chance.

As far as the Enlgish language commment goes, it was clearly directed at your use of insulting language towards me.

Anyway, looking forward to the games this weekend as they will be a big test for both clubs.

------------------
Bruce... September 1997

[This message has been edited by Jars458 (edited 26 April 2001).]

Jars, you're an idiot. I'm glad you chose that nick because it proves your stupidity. I knew the Jarmans personally and they are not very well endowed in the IQ stakes.

Its Crows 'supporters' like you that turned me away from being a full on Crows supporter. Sure, I like watching them play and enjoy them winning, but I can be a bit indifferent when they lose.

Did you support an SANFL team before the formation of the Crows or are you a bandwagoner?

I'd much rather talk footy with a knowlegable Port supporter than an idiot Crows supporter.

Defining moment for me: At a Crows game it was McDermott's Lee's and Maynard's 50th AFL game and the banner read accordingly. Some moron stood up and said "LOOK!! ALL BLOODY BAYS PLAYERS!"
rolleyes.gif

Jars, I reckon you're alright actually, you got off to a bad start on the boards, but you've shown you have football sense. Don't worry about some of these people who bag you cause you may have a different opinion to them, keep it up and may you continue to be a contributor on the boards.

Originally posted by Blues_Brat:
Jars, you're an idiot. I'm glad you chose that nick because it proves your stupidity. I knew the Jarmans personally and they are not very well endowed in the IQ stakes.

Its Crows 'supporters' like you that turned me away from being a full on Crows supporter. Sure, I like watching them play and enjoy them winning, but I can be a bit indifferent when they lose.

Did you support an SANFL team before the formation of the Crows or are you a bandwagoner?

I'd much rather talk footy with a knowlegable Port supporter than an idiot Crows supporter.

Defining moment for me: At a Crows game it was McDermott's Lee's and Maynard's 50th AFL game and the banner read accordingly. Some moron stood up and said "LOOK!! ALL BLOODY BAYS PLAYERS!"
rolleyes.gif

Yes West Torrens and now the Eagles. In Gold and Green and Blue.

There are some people who know little about football at Crows games for sure - but not me.

(Glenelg Central and Norwood by the way)

You don't know me at all, so your comments on my IQ say so much more about you than they do about me.

Stay away from personal abuse, you are not good at it.

You are obviously not a supporter at all if you are indifferent. Never been indifferent about anything in my life personally

Go and talk to your Port supporter friends then and leave me alone, you obviously understand them much better

Don't drive angry!!

------------------
Bruce... September 1997

Go and talk to your Port supporter friends then and leave me alone, you obviously understand them much better

I'll re-iterate the point, I'd rather discuss football with an intelligent Port supporter than a moronic Crows supporter any day.

For the record I despise Port. They have as many morons as anyone. The difference with them is they have no bandwagoners.

As for being indifferent. I am not indifferent when it comes to MY team. Just because that team happens to not be an AFL team does not make me any less passionate than you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Crow54:
Well, it's taken you five years, and a chat with Malcolm Blight (mid-way thru last season) to get there.....
smile.gif

The Point ?

It took us from 1965 to 1977 to win a premiership
12 years in that stretch, It took us 14 years to win our first from 1870 to 1884, whats the point you are trying to raise?

five years ? what do you mean ?

we've played in two night G.F.'s and one finals series so far in our AFL section of history..

PA1870
biggrin.gif

The AFL section is the "only" section of your history PA1870.

Port still play in the SANFL and continue the 130 year tradition.

And don't give me any more of this pedantic "Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club" bullshit, either. You know full well, that the only Port that is feared and admired is the one running around in the SANFL.

Just because of some petty spin-doctoring, and legal mumbo-jumbo, which is supposed to state that they are different to the Power, does not make it so in the publics eyes. The Power began in 1997.

It is interesting to hear your point of view. It is interesting to see someone, who is wrong, but legitimately is passionate. It's refreshing. It really doesn't matter if "legally" the two are seprate clubs. Legally, the Power might be the same as the "old" Port in the SANFL, but this is just legal crap, and spin-doctoring. I really don't give a s**t, how they answer the phone at the football clubs either. Just because they answer the phone at the PAMFC "Hello, welcome to Port Magpies footall club" doesn't automatically make them a different club in the publics eyes.

Yes, I know the legal aspect, but so what? You know, as well as I do, that the only really successful and feared Port is the one in the SANFL NOW. Always has been. The Power may be feared one day, but it is up to them to forge their own new history and reputation. You can't just feed off the history of another club who is still playing - and winning premeirships - in the SANFL.

Keep supporting the Power. One day they might do well, and win a finals match. They will forge their own history. And stop thrusting the history of Port down everyone's throats in the normal public forum. The Power have a 5 year history. Live with it. It is good to see that you are so passionate, and it is good to teach people like you the way things are. You might be a bit ignorant and arrogant, but that's okay. it's just your personality. Every now and then I come across people like you, who don't really know stuff, and I have to teach them.

I've registered a 'complaint' on the Essendon board about this Dan25 dweeb coming here and posting crap on our board. It's not as if he was responding to something addressed to him or about his team and it's the same dribble he's posted on the main board a hundred times already. So he should keep out of here AND GET A BLOODY LIFE!

It's not "your" board, you dill.
mad.gif
You don't own it. If I want to come on here and talk about Port (which i did), then I will do just that.

If you want to go to the Bombers board and talk about Essendon, then do it. Go right ahead, I don't care. I just think that PA1870 needs to take the stick out of his ass, sometimes.

Grave Danger,

This is what I posted in reply to your idiotic thread on the Essendon board:

Keep this crap on your own board.

I am perfectly entitled to use the other boards, if I am talking about those teams in question. I was talking about Port, so I used the Port board. What do you suggest I do? Post it here?

These boards are for everyone. They are just "catalogued" so that discussion pertaining to the teams in question is kept there. You coming on here, saying that I posted on the Port board is a waste of effort and time on your part.

I wasn't abusive, or anything like that. Are you incapable of having a footy discussion with anyone other than a member of your own team?
mad.gif

If you disagree with me, fine. But there is no point going to the Bomber board in order to "tell them" to hate me. That s**t doesn't work, and makes you look petulant and sensitive.

I was talking about Port, so I posted on the Port board. Now, what the hell is your problem with that?
mad.gif
If you keep this sort of stuff up, I will e-mail Bluey to register a complaint with you. This kind of stuff is not on.

[This message has been edited by Dan25 (edited 30 April 2001).]

Dan

In my view you are welcome here so long as you don't get into personal abuse or bag Port mindlessly....which you did not so come on in.

Now...here is why you are wrong.

1. It does not matter a toss what you think. You do not know Port Adelaide...you have heard of them but only through reading or listenning to the news or something. How Port are perceived in your eyes is irrelevant....you are an Essendon supporter.

Whether the PAFC has 130 or 4 years is importaand relevant to me. I am a Port member. If I felt as though Port in the AFL were not "the" Port then I would not be following them....I would still follow the Crows.

Essendon have a history in the VFA and the VFL....your club has history in 2 competitions and so does mine. Essendon have also not been called the "bombers" for all that time....they are still the same club though....so are Port.

So who are the Port magpies ? The Port magpies are a new club....I have no problem with saying they have 2 flags and not 36. In fact I wish they would change the stats to relfect that so as to not undermine the achievements of the SANFL Port Adelaide (now in the AFL).

In the SANFL I do however follow the PAMFC....why ? Well I am a South Australian and have followed the SANFL all my life...I cannot bring myself to follow Norwood. If the PAMFC play (and that includes lose) as the PAFC did then they have my support. To date they have done that so I support them.....I suupose that means I am stuck because I could never drop a club....so long as they play to the Port Creed (look it up).

Before you reply...think.

How is what you are saying any different to what I have been saying about the VFL/AFL thing ? To me (a reltive outsider) the AFL is completely different from the VFL...I know I am legally wrong but I think it anyway. To you the PAFC AFL version is completely different to the PAFC SANFL version. You are legally wrong but you think it anyway. You claim it is all to do with "intents and purposes" or "spin doctoring"....tell me how that is different from the VFL / AFL ?

ptw

Originally posted by Dan25:
It's not "your" board, you dill.
mad.gif
You don't own it. If I want to come on here and talk about Port (which i did), then I will do just that.

If you want to go to the Bombers board and talk about Essendon, then do it. Go right ahead, I don't care. I just think that PA1870 needs to take the stick out of his ass, sometimes.

You came on here dan and abused one of our supporters subtlely. You sprouted crap which you know NOTHING about. Port Adelaide Magpies are in the SANFL...it is a different club than the PAFC...which is now in hte AFL. GET OVER IT...DEAL WITH IT. If you dont like it bad luck. Thats how it is. Port Magpies has taken over from where Port Adelaide left off...Port Adelaide is now in a new league, but is the same club that played in the SANFL for 125+ years...deal with it. No spin doctoring. No mumbo jumbo...thats how it is. PAFC has won 34 SANFL premiership, and one AFL Pre Season cup. PAMFC has won 2 premierships. Thats it.

Originally posted by Dan25:
[. It is good to see that you are so passionate, and it is good to teach people like you the way things are. You might be a bit ignorant and arrogant, but that's okay. it's just your personality. Every now and then I come across people like you, who don't really know stuff, and I have to teach them.[/B]

How patronising.

It seems you know a lot about ignorance and arrogance. Funny that.

Originally posted by Macca19:

You came on here dan and abused one of our supporters subtlely. You sprouted crap which you know NOTHING about. Port Adelaide Magpies are in the SANFL...it is a different club than the PAFC...which is now in hte AFL. GET OVER IT...DEAL WITH IT. If you dont like it bad luck. Thats how it is. Port Magpies has taken over from where Port Adelaide left off...Port Adelaide is now in a new league, but is the same club that played in the SANFL for 125+ years...deal with it. No spin doctoring. No mumbo jumbo...thats how it is. PAFC has won 34 SANFL premiership, and one AFL Pre Season cup. PAMFC has won 2 premierships. Thats it.

What does it really matter either way.

SAFNL tradition means nothing in the AFL really.

Power are an amalgameated side made up of players from all clubs. Dew, Francou etc etc.

The "tradition" is not simply transferred over to these players as they are not PORT players, in the sense that they still go back and play for their own SANFL clubs

Its of no relevance anyway, all that matters are results on the board in the AFL

This year Port look very capable of putting those results on the board. They may have arrived as an AFL force, as much as I hate the thought of it.

------------------
Bruce... September 1997

What does it really matter either way.

SAFNL tradition means nothing in the AFL really.

Power are an amalgameated side made up of players from all clubs. Dew, Francou etc etc.

The "tradition" is not simply transferred over to these players as they are not PORT players, in the sense that they still go back and play for their own SANFL clubs

Its of no relevance anyway, all that matters are results on the board in the AFL

This year Port look very capable of putting those results on the board. They may have arrived as an AFL force, as much as I hate the thought of it.

Im not saying anything about tradition or anything...all im saying is that PAFC has won 34 premierships and PAMFC 2 premierships. PAFC played in teh sanfl for 125+ years then moved into the AFL...PAMFC was created to play in the SANFL to carry on PAFC's history there.

Dan thinks he knows everything, when in fact he knows jack. He patronises us and expects us to sit here and take it!!! Hes a dickhead, and if we wrote anything like this in the Essendon board, it would either get deleted, locked or have a pile of abusive thrown at you.

Look, I just reckon that it's stupid to have the current SANFL Magpies as a legally different club to the SANFL Magpies in 1996. it makes no sense. That's just my opinion.

If, when, the Power joined the AFL in 1997, the SANFL team stopped completely and there was no Port in the SANFL, then it would make sense. If this was the case, we could all easily see that Port "moved" into the AFL.

The problem is, that there exsits a club in the SANFL which looks like Port, plays like Port, has the same fans as Port......for all intents and purposes it "IS" Port. Not legally, I know. But ostensibly.

I'm not arguing the legal aspect with any of you. I know the "official" standing of it all. I'm just saying it's wrong, that's all.

I mean think about it. We have a club called the Magpies, in the SANFL right now. They wear the same jumper, have the same supporters, the same name, yet everyone is forced to accept some legal mumbo-jumbo which says they are different to the pre-1996 Magpies. What crap that is!

Yes, I know officially they have a slightly different name (i.e PAMFC), and as PA1870 tells us ad nauseum, they have a differnet office (who cares if they have different offices, really?)

But from an OBSERVATIONAL point of view, it's so obvious that the PAMFC are the same "team" that has always been in the SANFL. What sense does it make to say that the AFL Power are the same as ther pre-1996 Port? What sense does that make, when there is a Port currently in the SANFL which bears far more resembalnce (i.e identical) to the pre-1996 version. So, much so that you can't tell the difference.

Surely I don't have to be a Port supporter to point out this perfectly obvious observation. Really, the Power "should" be a separate club. A seperate branch of Port Adelaide that started in 1997, while the SANFL version continues their 130 year old history. That's how it should be.

I'm sure most fans see this as the case now. I'm sure most common fans (i.e 90% of the population) who just turn up to watch the footy, treat the current Magpies as the same old Magpies. Why wouldn't they? It makes perfect sense.

So, once again, I'm not arguing the legal asepct. I'm just saying that I think it is wrong. It makes no sense. As far I as I am concerened (and I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way, Port fans or not), the Power are for all intents and purposes, logically and ostensibly a new club formed in 1997. Just because the Port Adelade football club has cleverly spin-doctored the wordng of some legal documents does not take away from the blatantly obvious from my point of view.

The response I will probably get back from you all is : "You don't barrack for Port. How woulkd you know"[/i]. I don't have to barrack for Port to know their history, and to know the official legal aspect. I am a big fan of common-sense, and common-sense should dictate that the Power are a new club, while the current SANFL Magpies are still the same club that has been going for 130 years. Common-sense and logic.

Ptw,

I remember talking to you in chat one night, and you said that you regard the Magpies as having won 36 premierships. This is exaclty what I am talking about. Most people REGARD the Magpies as the same old Magpies, legally or not. The lack of common-sense astounds me, from those that see the Power as being 130 years old. As far as I'm concerned, they were born in 1997.

Originally posted by ptw:
How is what you are saying any different to what I have been saying about the VFL/AFL thing ? To me (a reltive outsider) the AFL is completely different from the VFL...I know I am legally wrong but I think it anyway. To you the PAFC AFL version is completely different to the PAFC SANFL version. You are legally wrong but you think it anyway. You claim it is all to do with "intents and purposes" or "spin doctoring"....tell me how that is different from the VFL / AFL ?

ptw

Ptw,

It is completely differentto the VFL-AFL thing. Firstly, the current SANFL Magpies, look like Port, play like Port, have the fans as port. Logically (not legally) they ARE Port.

The VFL is obviously legally the same as the AFL, but is is logically the same too. Like any competiton, new teams get added as time goes by. Hawthorn, Footscray and North arrived in 1925, Richmond joined in 1908. In 1987, West Coat and Brisbane joined. They joined an already existing competiton. The competiton was now national, but it was still the same competiton. There was no new competiton. You don't just start up a brand new comp every time a new tems joins.

In fact, when the name change to "AFL" took place in 1990, the teams in the competiton were exactly the same as they were in 1989. The competiton is now of a higher standard, but that is irrelevant, because it is still the same "competiton"

The AFL is not only legally the same as the VFL, but is logically the same too. It is blatantly obvious. This argument with Port is different. The Power are legally the same as the 1996 Magpies, but "logically" they are different.

You can't compare the two arguments. They are about different things.

[This message has been edited by Dan25 (edited 30 April 2001).]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back