Opinion Game threads

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it would be better to have one thread for the preview/changes, game day and autopsy. The current system of locking the preview and gameday buries conversations. Surely it would be better to allow the game discussion to flow naturally.

Thoughts?

I tend to agree that discussions get cut off with the current format.

I like the current format, but I feel like the GameDay thread should be left open for a little longer before the autopsy thread is created. Like for 5 or 10 minutes to let people wind up conversations before shifting to autopsy.

I think it would be better to have one thread for the preview/changes, game day and autopsy. The current system of locking the preview and gameday buries conversations. Surely it would be better to allow the game discussion to flow naturally.

Thoughts?

I agree also jmac.

Problem is that 90% of the pregame/changes thread discussion is irrelevant by the time game day comes around. Then once the match starts the game day thread devolves into a total crap fest, vastly different from the analysis in the autopsy thread.
Keeping the game day thread going into an autopsy might help keep people honest during the game.

Just like at the game, it won't stop people rage posting whatever is on their mind at the time.
True but if they do they will be accountable after the game. Instead of hiding in a locked thread.

True but if they do they will be accountable after the game. Instead of hiding in a locked thread.
Which will then devolve into a flame war where posters dredge up other posters spur of the moment comments for personal one upmanship, instead of discussing the game itself.

Which will then devolve into a flame war where posters dredge up other posters spur of the moment comments for personal one upmanship, instead of discussing the game itself.
Don’t lock the threads then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the game day thread should live for a few hours after the final siren.

Let the post match review and gameday threads overlap for a while. No harm done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back