Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
One thing I find interesting about the board game hobby is the market for unofficial upgrades to game elements. For example, metal coins to be used in place of cardboard tokens.

What upgrades do people have for their games, or what have you seen that you want?

One that recently caught my eye, and somewhat prompted the thread (as I couldn't find an existing one), was stickers for meeples. They seem very much a cosmetic thing, although there may be some which aid game play.

It was these ones for Obsession which had me thinking of reaching for my wallet: https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/1008836394/obsession-meeples-stickers-custom-die.

I have friends who have metal tokens for Dominion, metal coins for Scythe, resin resource tokens for Scythe.
I have the metal coins for Scythe. Easily used in other games too.

I played Dune Imperium the other day and the mate who owns it had minis for the agents, troops and factions.

Don’t have any unofficial upgrades, but generally do the metal coin, wooden token and miniatures upgrades on all the games I back.

I suppose over every dozen games, that’d be another 2-3 games I could have gotten if stuck with cardboard everything, but I’m a sucker for having games feel more ‘realistic’ (yes, I know) and less flimsy.

I sleeve games with lots of shuffling involved. Inserts another primary purchase for set up and tear down.
Big fan of coin capsules for bag building games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back