bigbunyip14

All Australian
Oct 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
MHFC, Aces, Celtics, Red Sox
Hi guys, I am really interested in getting software for counting stats on gameday. Im sick of the old fashioned pen and paper scenario, and have moved onto using the computer.

A poor mans stats program is obviously Microsoft Excel, but the user interface is horrible, as there isnt enough keyboard shortcuts.

I have been browsing online for some of the available options, Vital Stats is one option, and StatsPOD is another. But at the moment, were not looking to spend that much.

What does everyone else use to count stats during the game?

Thanks for the help.

Hi there, not sure if you have been able to find anything that works for you, but there is a new Ipad App out - Metra Footy Coach. Subscription also includes a personalised web portal that stores and analyses all of your stats for you.

Check out http://metrasports.com.au

Keep an eye out for a Metra Footy Coach upgrade coming out over the next few days.
We're releasing an iPhone version of the App, along with a whole new interface and new features.

All new users can get a FREE 45 day trial!

Follow us on twitter to get all the latest info.

Does anybody know how prevalent (if at all) the use of football statistics is out there at local level?

Back when I played it wasn't uncommon for an assistant coach or reserve player to be asked to record a few KPI's (such as tackles, I50s, etc), but obviously there is a very small limit to what one man can tally on the day.

I've seen the software packages available and am wondering how popular they are, how clubs use them, etc. I know that even at local level, cricket clubs are slowly taking up the stats packages available as apps. Cricket is much easier to record than footy, though!

I can only speak based on what I have personally seen, and the feedback we are getting... it seems that coaches at all levels are keen to record stats, and determine where their teams are over/underachieving, areas that need to be worked on to see signs of improvement etc.

We have Clubs as high as VFL and as young as Under 12s currently registered and using our program.

We have found that the average number of stats teams seem to take are 6-7. I have personally spent 2 season taking stats for a team and found it quite easy to take up to 7 stats on my own for a match - using our iPad/iPhone App.

Give it a go - it's currently free on a 45 day trial, and it's not just an App, it's also supported by a web portal that analyses and archives all your stats.

I can only speak based on what I have personally seen, and the feedback we are getting... it seems that coaches at all levels are keen to record stats, and determine where their teams are over/underachieving, areas that need to be worked on to see signs of improvement etc.

We have Clubs as high as VFL and as young as Under 12s currently registered and using our program.

We have found that the average number of stats teams seem to take are 6-7. I have personally spent 2 season taking stats for a team and found it quite easy to take up to 7 stats on my own for a match - using our iPad/iPhone App.

Give it a go - it's currently free on a 45 day trial, and it's not just an App, it's also supported by a web portal that analyses and archives all your stats.

Will give it a go!

Hi All,

Metra Footy Coach is going through a complete overhaul!

We are updating our website to make it easier to use, but more importantly we are improving the web portal part of the program.

- Better graphic analysis
- Opposition analysis
- Coaching Tips/Articles
- Match reports
- KPI achievements by quarter, match & season
- Season averages, and so much more.

There are a few Stats Recording Apps out there, but none of them have a website that will analyse, interpret and display YOUR team's stats and allow you to make notes, pdf and email the reports. Most of the other apps only allow you to record the stats and look at them on match day - Metra does that too! :)

We are expecting the new release to happen in a couple of weeks, and will offer a free trial period so you can see the benefits for yourselves. We've also dramatically dropped the price this year, to accommodate for Junior Clubs aswell - this was a suggestion made to us by a few users last year.

The majority of the changes we have made have been a result of people telling us what they want/need, so if you have any suggestions - feel free to let us know, we do listen!! Keep up to date with all our news, along with Coaching tips & articles, on Twitter - https://twitter.com/metrasports

Side Note: We have also developed a new App called 'Footy Drills' - check it out on the App Store!

As we enter pre-season for 2015, just a reminder that you can sign up at MetraSports.com.au for a FREE trial of the Metra Footy Coach App.

We now have over 600 teams registered and over 100 using the App on a weekly basis... check it out for yourselves!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back