• Melbourne

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 22 75.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

my views on opposition team ranges from the following:

Westcoast- actually HATE, would get upset if they won a game of yahtzee. the mere sight of those smug selwoods is enough to induce a rage blackout
>
>
>
Melbourne- loathe, tanking, mediocre muppets, who only give me joy when they beat west coast, which was so long ago that that joy has worn off
Port Adelaide- loathe, for no real reason actually, just dont like them, might have something to do with tredrae and chad cornes
>
>
>
Adelaide
Stkilda/Richmond- Mild dislike, mainly revolving around Reiwoldt(s)
>
>
>
>
North Melbourne- irrelevant to me
>
>
>
>
Brisbane
Sydney
Essendon- my second team

Anyway, the point of that was to show how much it will hurt if we dont smack this mob of duds. Without clark their forwardline is rubbish at best, their backline is poor. and with no moloney their midfield is weak. We are an 8th-12th team in ability IMO, but surely we can give these guys a touch up. even over there

Fremantle by 26 points, and i will be disappointed that it wasnt more

On my way to the ground now, weather is looking like they will close the roof.

If Walters isn't named the sub, I might through a few on him for most goals. Pavs odds will be not worth the punt.

I'm going in with low expectations for a result so I can be excited about the actual result.
Freo by 11 points.

On my way to the ground now.

I'm fascinated Seppo, it's 10:00 now, what do you do until the game starts? I believe you are legendary among our loyal Melbourne fans, but just interested in what happens over there in the lead up to the game - do they have a reserves game or some kind of curtain raiser?

For mine it's a6 goal win with Walters and Ballantyne lighting the forward line up.

Best of luck today guys.

Really looking forward to Pav vs. Frawley, assuming Pav plays forward.

We, as always will struggle to kick a score, so will find it hard to win. We will need Green to kick a bag and Col Sylvia to kick +3 goals.

All in all can't see it happening, despite your well published issues winning in Melbourne.

Freo by 32.

Best of luck today guys.

Really looking forward to Pav vs. Frawley, assuming Pav plays forward.

We, as always will struggle to kick a score, so will find it hard to win. We will need Green to kick a bag and Col Sylvia to kick +3 goals.

All in all can't see it happening, despite your well published issues winning in Melbourne.

Freo by 32.

good luck to your team, i dont like melbourne, but we all want a good game.

on the winning in melbourne thing... we have won 2 from 3 adn have looked better in melbourne than we have at home.... embarrassing really

Yeah I read that. Maybe the Ross Lyon influence?? Who knows why, but then who knows why AFL players miss goals 30m out directly in front...

Why the hate foe the Dee's? Normally we are meh to most opposition fans.

Yeah I read that. Maybe the Ross Lyon influence?? Who knows why, but then who knows why AFL players miss goals 30m out directly in front...

yeah its strange, I just dont understand it. Probably is a bit to do with lyon

For me, im still bitter about the Jeff White thing, which i know is childish, but i was a kid at the time, and jeff white was one of my favourites. Then there was losing to bottom placed melbourne in 97 when we had our first chance of making the finals. Then there is the horrific memory of watching you beat us after being 50-odd points down at half time, not the dees fault, but bad memories all the same. Im not a fan of schwabboly either, they raped our future for immediate "success"... and finally im bitter about mitch clark.... i know that was mostly our fault.... but all of these crappy things tend to happen with melbourne being involved one way or the other.

I have a memory like an elephant, and melbourne do not bring back many good memories for me

I'm fascinated Seppo, it's 10:00 now, what do you do until the game starts? I believe you are legendary among our loyal Melbourne fans, but just interested in what happens over there in the lead up to the game - do they have a reserves game or some kind of curtain raiser?

For mine it's a6 goal win with Walters and Ballantyne lighting the forward line up.
I get here early to provide a motivational speech to the playing group before each game...

Just kidding, I'm actually here early to prepare the team banner which usually takes an hour or so. Then once te gates open it to the Cheersquad to organise the area and setup flags/floggers kick the Gerald out.

Personally I hate Melbourne due to them suspending their systematic tanking for one week when they played us the other year. Pathetic club with a pathetic culture who deserve to rot down the bottom of the ladder for eternity.

Like you KPR they're my second most hated team and the only one that ranks even close to the eagles.

The fact that Wona guy ruins every thread he gets involved in on the main board doesn't help either.

Carlton fans both on here and in real life are the worst..

Melbourne have about 4 or 5 complete and utter flogs that give them a bad name on B.Footy :) Actually does anyone know anyone that supports the Demons in WA? I swear I've never ever met a single one, not even noticed someone wearing on of their polo shirts or a kid wearing a jumper.. Surprisingly though a lot people around my age over here go for North, probably something to do with growing up in their glory years in the 90s.

Fair calls.

Although re: tanking. It's actually a double blow of sorts. Had Carlton not "tanked" the year before (2007), Melbourne would have ended up with Watts and NicNat in the 2008 draft (and bloody Cotchin instead of Cale Morton in the 2007 draft).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's melbourne's tagger? I'd love to see hill run around a bit. He was wonderful to watch in the last half against the saints.

Personally I hate Melbourne due to them suspending their systematic tanking for one week when they played us the other year. Pathetic club with a pathetic culture who deserve to rot down the bottom of the ladder for eternity.
But what is so horrible about that is that 1. they were able to beat us and 2. we just absolutely rolled over.
I've rarely been so ashamed of Freo as a Football team as those times when we just play dead in Melbourne.
Today is one of those games where I almost can't bear to watch in case we are pathetic. The last few outings in Melbourne have given me some hope that we are not (as Ross says) playing lucky dip footy anymore.

Carlton fans both on here and in real life are the worst..

Melbourne have about 4 or 5 complete and utter flogs that give them a bad name on B.Footy :) Actually does anyone know anyone that supports the Demons in WA? I swear I've never ever met a single one, not even noticed someone wearing on of their polo shirts or a kid wearing a jumper.. Surprisingly though a lot people around my age over here go for North, probably something to do with growing up in their glory years in the 90s.

I actually know one. He is a different case though. He bought three WA memberships. One for his actual team Melbourne. One for his mum, Geelong and another one for himself in GWS. Funny thing in is that GWS and Geelong sent out a pack which was inclusive of a hat, a shirt, a card and some other bits and pieces.... Melbourne only sent out a letter saying thankyou hehe

I've liked the Dees since I was a Little tacker, cos I always thought you guys had the best Guernsey. Now I just like to see the AFLs favourite teams Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon and Hawthorn lose, so I like the other Vic teams win by default.

Is he any good? Picken really did a number on hill last week, bu he's a very good tagger, and I'm hoping that hill is getting a little better at beating the tag.

Hill prior to getting injured in my opion would have been in our top 2 best and fairest players. I think he is doing a good job at beating tags. The key to this seems to be his fitness, he may have a quiet first half, but he tends to come out and dominate the second half, so I think his work rate and ethic has certainly improved out of site. Last week picken, who is a good tagger, benefitted from an unfit hill, who i think was still struggling with the anke.

On mckenzie, he is young, I would expect, a fully fit hill to dominate, and i mean really dominate this game. I dont think mckenzie has the speed or the tank to run with hill. it is more of a question as to whether hill's body is right.

But what is so horrible about that is that 1. they were able to beat us and 2. we just absolutely rolled over.
I've rarely been so ashamed of Freo as a Football team as those times when we just play dead in Melbourne.

Yep, it was equally pathetic on our behalf. But since I'm not a Richmond supporter I don't have the option of hating my own team, so I take it out on Melbourne.

Back