Game Day GAMEDAY Non Crows Discussion Rnd 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously a lot of water to go under the bridge, but oh how sweet would it be to knock either the Hawks or the Cats in a PF? I really like the idea of getting a crack at them actually. It's not over yet.

Getting over Swans/GWS will be a massive game but if we can do that, I feel that will give us a confidence boost.

One game at a time.

TBH this whole year's been an epic troll from us. I honestly don't think we'll go far. If we drop out then best of luck to you guys as you play the best brand of football by far.
That's true, except when it mattered

Yes, it's a very even top 7. Which means we were we'll within reach of top 4 right up until Friday night
And unfortunately we have just missed out, but I'll still take 5th and a home final against the worst finalist in recent memory. Time to make history and be the first team to win it from 5th under the current finals system, if ever it's going to happen it'll be this year, the top 6 has never been this even and home ground advantage doesn't seem to count for as much anymore.

I think Sydney are a standout, and the next 5 sides are absolute dead even. If we can avoid Sydney until the GF we are every chance of making it.

Hawks in a prelim... I couldn't go through that again. Should get to a semi and, hopefully, play the Giants.
Have to beat the best to be the best. We'd front up again and take another swing. They're ripe this year for someone to knock them off.

Of course first the Roos and (hopefully) the Giants/Swans.

And unfortunately we have just missed out, but I'll still take 5th and a home final against the worst finalist in recent memory. Time to make history and be the first team to win it from 5th under the current finals system, if ever it's going to happen it'll be this year, the top 6 has never been this even and home ground advantage doesn't seem to count for as much anymore.

Did you say this before we choked?

Link please :D

Finishing 5th may end up working in our favour you just never know. This play a week have a week off, play, have a week off, play could turn out to be s**t.
I would have liked the double chance but this finals series is a different equation. The even nature of the top eight and the week off means it's the best chance for a side to win it from outside the four that I can remember.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are different, one team is 11th on the ladder, the other is 6th and made the GF last season. How do you think the Hawks go if they have to play the Eagles for a top 4 spot instead, and we have Collingwood?

Didn't that happen last weekend with Hawthorn losing?

Didn't that happen last weekend with Hawthorn losing?
Yeah and they failed, but were given a reprieve from our loss. Hawks have won 4 games this year by 3, 3, 3 and now 1 point. Losing that game to them in the final 30 seconds is our biggest choke this year and I always had a bad feeling deep down it would cost us at the end. Win that game and we are sitting 3rd (if we still lose Friday night) playing Geelong at the MCG week one.

Pretty confident we'll get to the prelim
I don't know about confident, but I really think Hawks win is a blessing in disguise. I think our path to a prelim is easier than if we'd finished 4th. North & GWS or Sydney and Eagles? No matter where they are played, I'd choose North & GWS.

Finishing 5th may end up working in our favour you just never know. This play a week have a week off, play, have a week off, play could turn out to be s**t.

The coaches have told Gil they hate the idea and apparently discussions were very heated. This is the best year to finiah outside the 4. In reality we just need to get hot at the right time. Come out strong against North and keep getting better culminating in a GF win.

I don't know about confident, but I really think Hawks win is a blessing in disguise. I think our path to a prelim is easier than if we'd finished 4th. North & GWS or Sydney and Eagles? No matter where they are played, I'd choose North & GWS.

or we could have just beaten sydney and skipped the semi. yes north at home is easier than swans away, but the combination of north and gws isn't easier given IF we get to the semi we have to travel to a crap hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back