VFL Gameday Round 1 Footscray vs Sandringham 7.00pm @VUWO

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually it's perfect.
He's got s great leap, can take a good mark.
That's the skillset for a great small forward.
He can take a good mark...but is he good at taking marks?

He seems capable of the spectacular, which comes off a few times a year. Without that he seems a very average VFL player from what I’ve seen. Bevo clearly rates him though.

Just like Wood
So the Wood move did not work, does that mean we should never try things. Did moving Zaine Cordy forward hurt his
development as a defender ? No because he was still a defender just at the other end. Maybe Wood is just a limited
talent or maybe he would go better in a forward line with Naughton, Schache and Gowers which he never had back
when he was swung forward. Long may they try things even if only a few come off in the end.

So the Wood move did not work, does that mean we should never try things. Did moving Zaine Cordy forward hurt his
development as a defender ? No because he was still a defender just at the other end. Maybe Wood is just a limited
talent or maybe he would go better in a forward line with Naughton, Schache and Gowers which he never had back
when he was swung forward. Long may they try things even if only a few come off in the end.
Yeah I got no problem with it dude. Don't know where you got all that from but it wasn't me.

Actually it's perfect.
He's got s great leap, can take a good mark.
That's the skillset for a great small forward.

He has an interesting running style, he runs very close to the ground when he has the ball. He has line breaker elements to his tool kit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wood is a couple of Conan sizes bigger but I think Roarke has some to-be-realised potential as an AFL player.

At a comparable age back in 2016, Roarke was far ahead of where Wood was. He's been derailed by knee injuries but he has talent. Anyone saying he's an average VFL player is really under rating him

At a comparable age back in 2016, Roarke was far ahead of where Wood was. He's been derailed by knee injuries but he has talent. Anyone saying he's an average VFL player is really under rating him
There's a reason the club re-rookied him instead of delisting. Honey arguably showed more at AFL level, but Roarkes ceiling looks far better. I'd love it if he reached his potential, and it's a pretty low cost investment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back