Gameday Thread - West Coast Eagles vs Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patersons Stadium, Saturday June 30, 2.40pm

teamsib.png

LAST TIME: West Coast 13.7 (86) d Gold Coast 10.7 (67), round 11, 2011, at Patersons Stadium

NEW: Murray Newman (SD) - West Coast's first pick in last years draft, a small forward who can have immediate impact if played as the sub, and contributes great forward pressure.

West Coast come up against a winless Gold Coast, and should be too strong over the course of the game. We smashed them out of the blocks last year, but then eased off too early and didn't make as much of the game as we could. I'll say Eagles by 48.

If we bring the same intensity as last week, this should be a 100+ point win but knowing the team we'll probably scrape in for a 10 goal win.

Pumped for this game. I originally tipped us by 47 in one of my tipping comps but the more I look at it I think it could be a massacre today. It's going to be a nice sunny day, their back line is depleted, our rucks and mids should dominate and I think our defenders will be all over their forwards. I think gold coast will try to catch us on the rebound so players like bennell may snag some goals running forward. Having said that I don't think they will get through the press very often. As long as we don't slack off which I don't think we will today, I am tipping eagles by 87.

I really hope we are a long way ahead at half time so we can rest one of our important players in the second half.

Hope Newman isn't the sub, I want a good look at him at AFL level and coming on at 3Qtr time against the Suns at Subi is not likely to give much to go on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope Newman isn't the sub, I want a good look at him at AFL level and coming on at 3Qtr time against the Suns at Subi is not likely to give much to go on.

Yeah, maybe have one of the more experienced blokes as sub. Play Newman the full game. Woosha said we will be using the sub as a sort of 'rest' tool. So that could mean either Newman comes on at half time, or we will play two experienced guys through the sub role for the game.

The sun is shining...the birds are singing..beautiful day for football.

My only cloud in this otherwise perfect day is that it seems wrong on all counts for a West Coast side to be playing against a Matera. Other than that let the arsewhopping begin.

If we can get our hands on the footy first and get that beautiful run and spread attacking brand of footy going that serves us so well at home then our forwards should have no excuses in booting us our record score of the year for a much needed percentage boost.

I'd like it if we absolutely pumped Gold Coast. 20 goal win would be nice, none of that "10 goal lead at half time, cruise to a 50 point win" bullshit.

Our percentage has dropped off compared to our rivals and today's game could go a long way to putting it back up.

Newman will be the sub. Bit of a shame as we wont get to see much of him, and if all goes to Woosha's standard fare, will be dropped for next week....

Hopefully someone like Glass/Kerr is subbed off at half time.

I'm really looking forward to the Priddis v. Hunt Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back