Official Club Stuff Gameday Village ...annexed by the SMA

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that the club has officially changed the pre and post game stuff to the Gameday Village which includes the White Marquee Bar I figure we should have a thread with the correct title.

Some have asked how do yo get into the Gameday village now that they have locked the gates from the southern plaza to the stairs down to the Tennis SA area. You have to enter from War Memorial Drive. When you walk over the footbridge and come to the zebra crossing instead of viaing right and to the southern plaza to enter the oval via the Southern gates or walk to the Eastern Gates, via left and just to the left of the service tunnel that goes under Adelaide Oval.

The Gameday Village will be open from 5pm for the Maggies v Redlegs GF replay ANZAC eve game. For Saturday it opens

Timeline
3:30pm – Stadium car park, Gameday Village and Membership (Southern Plaza) marquee open
4.30pm – Gates open
4:35pm – Curtain raiser – Defence All Stars v Emergency Services

A completely revamped version of last year’s White Marquee Bar; this year it’s twice the size and lives on the doorstep of Adelaide Oval. A relaxed vibe with smooth tunes, $5 beers* and food trucks, Gameday Village will be the place to be both pre and post-game.

Look for the gate at War Memorial Drive Tennis Centre that has the following logo above it

gdv_620X370.jpg

and you will end up looking at this view.

gamedayvillage.jpg

Above that service tunnel is a ticketing office and atm machines building. Above that is where the SMA has put its small "Fans Bar" and have dressed their staff in Port gear. If its not in the Memorial Drive Tennis Centre grounds its not Port Adelaide.

Above that service tunnel is a ticketing office and atm machines building. Above that is where the SMA has put its small "Fans Bar" and have dressed their staff in Port gear. If its not in the Memorial Drive Tennis Centre grounds its not Port Adelaide.

Just a suggestion but could mention in the thread title that its the only place where the profits stay at the club. If we can't advertise it publicly, at least word of mouth might work in the club's favour.

Love to see the game day village expand deep into the tennis courts in years to come, and be open earlier so people can gradually meet up here in the hours leading up to the game. Casual and low key vibe before the game, and then go with party vibe after. Can't argue with $5 beers so close to the gate.

Is this thing open for crows games?
Is it a joint operation with tennis sa or do the club hire the area from them?
Port footy club initiative. We bought the flooring to protect the courts and bare all the costs of putting it up and down during the year. I would assume we would pay some sort or rent or contra deal maybe re AO access with Tennis SA. Will be open for the away showdown. The club is still assessing if its worth opening up for crows games after the showdown.

Just a suggestion but could mention in the thread title that its the only place where the profits stay at the club. If we can't advertise it publicly, at least word of mouth might work in the club's favour.

Love to see the game day village expand deep into the tennis courts in years to come, and be open earlier so people can gradually meet up here in the hours leading up to the game. Casual and low key vibe before the game, and then go with party vibe after. Can't argue with $5 beers so close to the gate.
Come up with a new title then. But Gameday Village has to be the start of the thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that mean no need to go to the Magarey Room post-match?
Depends what you want to do. If you want to see and hear from players and coaches then you still have to go to the Magarey room. The club has some control of players and fan access there compared to Gd V. Club probably doesnt want players mingling with us piss heads.

Only negative was the massive lines to get drinks. Other than that it was brilliant for round 2. Think it might be a bit quieter in the wet but will find out tomorrow night how well it is catered for the wet and report back ahead of Saturday.

Will the post-match with Barry, KT and Kenny be in the Village or the Magarey Room?

*edit* just saw your reply REH.

Only negative was the massive lines to get drinks. Other than that it was brilliant for round 2. Think it might be a bit quieter in the wet but will find out tomorrow night how well it is catered for the wet and report back ahead of Saturday.
Bit of teething issues for first game. There now will be a 20m bar frontage, more staff and they will have a couple of staff members whose job it is, just to pour beers whilst other staff members take your order and collect your $$$$.

That's interesting REH. SMA have nothing to do with Port Adelaide Football Club.
I would suggest if they are dressed in Port Gear then I think maybe they are using Misleading and/or deceptive conduct to sell beer etc. which I think is against the law.

That's interesting REH. SMA have nothing to do with Port Adelaide Football Club.
I would suggest if they are dressed in Port Gear then I think maybe they are using Misleading and/or deceptive conduct to sell beer etc. which I think is against the law.
If its not official club tops, then they can wear what ever generic clothing they want. The club has some bigger issues to settle with them before threatening any legal action. There is nothing stopping Port members and fans standing on those black steps or the top of the steps telling other Port fans that it has nothing to do with Port and to go down to the Gd V. More effective than lawyers.

Is this 'fans bar' actually run by the SMA?
I've heard that's it's run by 5 double crow.
Who told you it was run by them and what is their track record?

I've heard from a few people it's the SMA, but they both frequent here so it could be the same rumour lol

Someone just needs to view their liquor license if it's displayed. If it's not it's safe to assume it's the SMA.
It has to be displayed somewhere doesn't it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back