Official Club Stuff Gameday Village ...annexed by the SMA

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll not rest. I’ll be supporting the push to have him reinstated at the crows with a level of fanaticism that will have suicide bombers quaking in their boots.

One funny memory from my season at the Shed was one of the post match events. The general fans were allowed in post match (only corporates pre match) and the Crows would send two players to mingle. Dangerfield had the honours this time, and there was this red haired, batshit looking superfan (badges all over the jacket) who was following him everywhere trying to get him to sign her autograph book. He just kept ignoring her. Meanwhile, she was going redder and redder with anger as the night wore on. Was convinced there was going to be a crime of passion at some point.

One funny memory from my season at the Shed was one of the post match events. The general fans were allowed in post match (only corporates pre match) and the Crows would send two players to mingle. Dangerfield had the honours this time, and there was this red haired, batshit looking superfan (badges all over the jacket) who was following him everywhere trying to get him to sign her autograph book. He just kept ignoring her. Meanwhile, she was going redder and redder with anger as the night wore on. Was convinced there was going to be a crime of passion at some point.

So did you introduce yourself to Subaru?

Haha I reckon I saw this woman at the preseason Showdown at Richmond oval that one year. She was on the concourse yelling at a disinterested Ben Rutten who was in the stands. "Truck!........Truck!!"

Haha I reckon I saw this woman at the preseason Showdown at Richmond oval that one year. She was on the concourse yelling at a disinterested Ben Rutten who was in the stands. "Truck!........Truck!!"

That’s the mating call of the crow redhead “TRUCK..... TRUCK”

To this day I have not a single clue why Trigg felt the need to initiate that conversation. The hospitality side of things really had nothing to do with him.

He was trying to make a friend.

Bring Back the independent GDV. Gotta pay for the upkeep of the new facilities.

Teal blue courts.
Presumably white lines.
Just need some black in there and it would be perfect for our GDV.

Oh wait.
Just remembered we have to give the Croms a leg up, and let them have everything we fight for replicated and given to them on a plate for nothing.
Can't discriminate between the two SA clubs.

It's un-Souf Orstraliyun.

Teal blue courts.
Presumably white lines.
Just need some black in there and it would be perfect for our GDV.

Oh wait.
Just remembered we have to give the Croms a leg up, and let them have everything we fight for replicated and given to them on a plate for nothing.
Can't discriminate between the two SA clubs.

It's un-Souf Orstraliyun.
Unless, it is the other way around. Then, it's fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the Tiser is aware that Olsen has already moved.

Memorial Drive tennis centre identified as potential Adelaide fans meeting place in lieu of iconic Crows ‘Shed’

Could Memorial Drive become the new Crows’ “Shed”?

Club chairman John Olsen has suggested the tennis centre behind Adelaide Oval may be used for post-game functions in a similar way to the Crows’ meeting spot at Football Park in the 1990s and 2000s.

Memorial Drive is undergoing a $44m redevelopment this year but shapes as a possibility for 2022.

The Crows have not established a social hub since moving to Adelaide Oval in 2014.

At Adelaide’s annual members meeting on Wednesday night, one supporter bemoaned the loss of a post-game venue for the Crows “community” and said re-establishing one would assist the club’s push to improve fan connection.

“After the redevelopment of that tennis centre perhaps there’s an opportunity to do something like the Shed over there,” Olsen said. “But once again that’s complicated by the negotiations between the SMA (Stadium Management Authority) and Tennis South Australia.

“It’ll be construction zone this season so you won’t be able to use it … but perhaps next year, 2022, that’s something that could be built.”

Now they are getting Ambassador Wrinkles to bang their drum for them

Now they are getting Ambassador Wrinkles to bang their drum for them
It also tells us that their new place won’t be somewhere for them to go after games.

Might mean Brompton is out.

Then again it may just be for the next few years.

I'm quite happy for Adelaide to use it if we use it too. Because of our demographics it has a much greater positive cultural impact for us than it does for them. It's absence over the past few seasons has absolutely been a contributor to supporter malaise.

I'm quite happy for Adelaide to use it if we use it too. Because of our demographics it has a much greater positive cultural impact for us than it does for them. It's absence over the past few seasons has absolutely been a contributor to supporter malaise.

They'll have to confiscate any #sackhinkley banners and t-shirts, pitchforks and flaming membership cards at the gates though ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back