Official Club Stuff Gameday Village ...annexed by the SMA

Remove this Banner Ad

I caught a bit of AA this morning.

They also read out a tweet from a Polly that spelt out exactly how the SMA ****** the GDV.

EDIT: Actually I think it was a text from Mulligan to Penburthy.

Explained how the SMA pressured Port to the point where they had no choice but to hand over the GDV then took all the profits and bumped the prices.

Hopefully Penbo writes an article from it and puts it into the mainstream news.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

...or just puts one side of the story

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/shows/dav...-Lid-On-Port-Adelaide-vs-Adelaide-Oval-Stoush

Ahahaha, told you guys to remain calm and that KT had the evidence, i'd seen it for myself long before any of this.

This has been brewing for ages. We're using our protection of the inquest to air everything at last, and it's working a treat.

Ahahaha, told you guys to remain calm and that KT had the evidence, i'd seen it for myself long before any of this.

This has been brewing for ages. We're using our protection of the inquest to air everything at last, and it's working a treat.

As everyone was quite aware of what the SMA had been doing, it makes the extraordinary outburst last week so, so baffling.

There is no way to claw back from that.

As everyone was quite aware of what the SMA had been doing, it makes the extraordinary outburst last week so, so baffling.

There is no way to claw back from that.

It was bloody hilarious.

From the indaily article yesterday the following has been released

3 June 2014 email from AOSMA general manager Darren Chandler to Port Adelaide Football Club chief operating officer Stephen Dawes, dated , says the authority was concerned by both the sale of Coopers beer and its pricing within the venue:....

July 2015 However another document obtained by InDaily shows Daniels personally complained to Port Adelaide that the Game Day Village was costing Adelaide Oval $40,000 per game in food and drink turnover.

In 2015, then-Liquor and Gambling Commissioner Dini Soulio asked AOSMA to comment on a liquor licence application by Tennis SA for Port Adelaide match day events adjacent to the oval. AOSMA’s legal counsel, Wallman’s Lawyers, penned a letter in response. The letter, dated 22 June 2015, questions whether the appropriate building and planning approvals were in effect to allow the increase in capacity envisioned by the liquor licence application – from 200 people to 5000 people.

2016 - Consumer and Business Services has told InDaily that it received two objections to a liquor licence application by Tennis SA in 2016...... But CBS declined to identify who had objected to the application, which failed anyway because Tennis SA’s application had been “incomplete”.

February 2016 Daniels wrote to Tennis SA CEO Steven Baldas , saying that AOSMA “would not object to an application under the Liquor Licensing Act by the appropriate Port Adelaide Football Club entity for limited licences for the 11 scheduled (Port Adelaide) home games … for season 2016, subject to being involved with discussions as to the final terms and conditions of those liquor licences”. “For the benefit of all relevant stakeholders and to avoid any unnecessary uncertainty as to arrangements for these events, I invite you to encourage the Port Adelaide Football Club to make applications for limited licences … as a matter of urgency,” it reads.

February 2018 an email from Thomas to Daniels, obtained by InDaily, says that the price of beer was the only “issue” remaining to be sorted out in the negotiation between the two organisations over Game Day Village.

“The only issue … is the need for the beer prices to be lower outside than inside the arena,” the Port Adelaide CEO writes. “Not $5 but also not $9.40. We think a price around $7.50 and $8 probably hits the mark from a Game Day Village credibility point of view.

Minutes from an AOSMA board meeting, prepared by Daniels and dated 19 March 2018, say that Port Adelaide approached the authority about re-establishing Game Day Village “because feedback from their members indicated it was an important part of the game day experience”. “In order to avoid a conflict and given that Tennis SA would only support PAFC if it was endorsed by AOSMA, PAFC presented the opportunity to AOSMA on the basis that it was run by AOSMA, but themed as a Port Adelaide product,” the document continues. “AOSMA has been able to negotiate an appropriate commercial arrangement and entered into an agreement with Tennis SA to manage the Game Day Village for 2018 (10 games recommencing Round 3), 2019 and 2010 (sic.) with a right to renew for a further three years. “AOSMA will receive 100 per cent of the revenue and cover all costs, with the exception of theming and advertising, which will be the responsibility of PAFC.”

The authority “will have the ability to negotiate its own pourage rights from 1 July 2018”. “Management estimate that the net financial return to AOSMA (after all costs) from the PAFC Game Day Village will be $40k per annum.”

13 December 2018 The statement on the Adelaide Oval website continues: “Our Executive met with the PAFC executive on 13 December 2018 and was told that the Game Day Village was not a priority for 2019.” “Despite our investment of over $100,000 in infrastructure to enhance the Village, we agreed with the PAFC not to run the Game Day Village in 2019.

Only last week, we met with the PAFC and was assured once again that the Game Day Village was not a priority for the club for 2019. “It was also discussed that it would not be able to go ahead in 2019 anyway because of the $10 million upgrade to Memorial Drive being undertaken by Tennis SA.

The letter Penberthy revealed today was the February 2016 one mentioned in the article above. From 5aa link
Penbo quoted from a letter written by Andrew Daniels in 2016 to Tennis SA’s Steven Baldas: ‘I [Daniels] confirm that that the Adelaide Oval SAM Ltd would not object to an application under the liquor licensing act by the appropriate Port Adelaide football club entity…’

3 June 2014 email from AOSMA general manager Darren Chandler to Port Adelaide Football Club chief operating officer Stephen Dawes, dated , says the authority was concerned by both the sale of Coopers beer and its pricing within the venue:....

February 2018 an email from Thomas to Daniels, obtained by InDaily, says that the price of beer was the only “issue” remaining to be sorted out in the negotiation between the two organisations over Game Day Village.

“The only issue … is the need for the beer prices to be lower outside than inside the arena,” the Port Adelaide CEO writes. “Not $5 but also not $9.40. We think a price around $7.50 and $8 probably hits the mark from a Game Day Village credibility point of view.

I said it before and will say again that I will be amazed if the ACCC aren't watching this. Written evidence of price signalling (if not setting) and third line forcing. I'm trained annually by our legal dept on what can and can't be said in a negotiation in relation to price and competitors. I would not go anywhere near saying these things let alone putting it in an email. If the intent/result is to reduce competition, and it doesn't look like the SMA are trying to hide that fact, then it ticks all the boxes.

“subject to being involved with discussions as to the final terms and conditions of those liquor licences.”

Read - subject to Port Adelaide sourcing their liquor from the SMA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said it before and will say again that I will be amazed if the ACCC aren't watching this. Written evidence of price signalling (if not setting) and third line forcing. I'm trained annually by our legal dept on what can and can't be said in a negotiation in relation to price and competitors. I would not go anywhere near saying these things let alone putting it in an email. If the intent/result is to reduce competition, and it doesn't look like the SMA are trying to hide that fact, then it ticks all the boxes.
Someone has to take it to the attention of ACCC. As we saw from the banking royal commission, the regulators aren't good at getting off their arse and investigating dodgy matters.

February 2016 Daniels wrote to Tennis SA CEO Steven Baldas , saying that AOSMA “would not object to an application under the Liquor Licensing Act by the appropriate Port Adelaide Football Club entity for limited licences for the 11 scheduled (Port Adelaide) home games … for season 2016, subject to being involved with discussions as to the final terms and conditions of those liquor licences”.

Bolded the really important part that was left out of the story from the Adelaide Crows Ambassador.

Am I reading that right? The SMA want to run it, profit from it. But we can pay for branding? If so no wonder we aren't bothered.

My friend, you have to understand that the SMA are doing us a favour and they can't possibly understand why we are being so difficult. It's our fault that the GDV is gone and we let down our poor members.

My friend, you have to understand that the SMA are doing us a favour and they can't possibly understand why we are being so difficult. It's our fault that the GDV is gone and we let down our poor members.

And for what? it's a gallant effort but at the end of the day it doesn't get the GDV back in our hands and with the sheer short mindedness of this state, it'll quickly be forgotten.

It feels like KT is digging up the dirt only for it to blow away.

And for what? it's a gallant effort but at the end of the day it doesn't get the GDV back in our hands and with the sheer short mindedness of this state, it'll quickly be forgotten.

It feels like KT is digging up the dirt only for it to blow away.

Nah, not this time.

tenor.gif

Am I reading it right that the SMA put the clamps on Tennis SA as a way of forcing us to deal straight with them? That’s so ******* shoddy. And the price signalling is the icing.

It’s still ******* hilarious that Daniels dug his own grave and then pissed his pants about this I can’t stop laughing. What an absolute ****

We certainly aren’t here to make friends that much is obvious. But the goal still needs to be that seat on the board. Until we have a position of power alongside the SMA we’re going to continue being stepped on.

Surely that campaigner resigns now?

You forget this guy used to run the Clipsal 500, an event that for years had an inflated budget that cost SA tax payers millions in waste.
Waste by the extended boys club of contractors in South Australia, the management of such companies having ties to people in government and people like Andrew Daniels.
Oh wait, that hasn't come out yet has it(if it ever will)? Ooops.

Don't worry, even if he resigns, he will be well looked after by his mates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back