I’m there, AMA

5BADC490-D689-433D-AB01-B14FDE74B48C.jpeg

Fifty

Senior List
Sep 20, 2013
Cambodia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In summary, wasnt too bad. Similar vibe. Coopers Mild for $6.90 and a few others around that price. They've added an LCD screen at the back which was showing Carlton v West coast. Probably prefer R Bar on balance

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Was a good vibe. Plenty of Port people plenty of drinking and talking footy. So it should be it's a bloody big game and ANZAC spirit around.

May 8, 2014
Adelaide Airport
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics, QPR
Suits in deep conversation and closely inspecting nasty prots patrons
d50313ba6b4a80fe45a22d6ff0c758b0.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
The guy in the suit is Adam Vonthehoff, head of SMA Food and Beverage and Port supporter

White shirt with the sunnies on his head is Matt Omond, also SMA and not a Port supporter

The guy in the suit is Adam Vonthehoff, head of SMA Food and Beverage and Port supporter

White shirt with the sunnies on his head is Matt Omond, also SMA and not a Port supporter
Guy in blue shirt and sunnies is Darren Chandler ex SANFL GM of Footy and Corporate Operations for a few yeas and since 2013 GM of Operations and Commercial at the SMA and 2IC to CEO of SMA Andrew Daniels. I'm pretty sure he was Gleneg's CEO for about 4 years before joining the SANFL.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Prices do not sound too bad. Certainly better than inside the stadium and the location makes it easy to access at half time.

We cannot do much about who runs the show and I would rather pay the SMA $7.00 for a beer in the GDV than pay them $9.00 inside the Stadium.

ab56452001

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2009
salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Prices do not sound too bad. Certainly better than inside the stadium and the location makes it easy to access at half time.

We cannot do much about who runs the show and I would rather pay the SMA $7.00 for a beer in the GDV than pay them $9.00 inside the Stadium.
That's what they ( SMA ) were banking on.

False competition. If Macca’s suddenly invented the ‘Big Mac 2’ which was exactly the same thing as a Big Mac but cost twice as much, that doesn’t suddenly make the regular Big Mac better value.

This is the best chance we have got to get a true Port Game Day Village back - for Tennis SA to get a 365 day trading licence and piss off the SMA.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...l/news-story/a75ed5eaa7b66556482486cec2291343
FEDERAL minister Christopher Pyne has given the strongest indication yet a partnership between Liberal Federal and State Governments will deliver a multipurpose stadium next to Adelaide Oval.Pyne was speaking on Thursday at the launch of the stage one $9.8 million redevelopment of the historic Memorial Drive tennis complex, which will deliver a new showcourt, more match courts and a clay court complex. That development is funded by the Federal Government and is expected to be finished at the end of the year.
But Pyne quickly moved on to the envisaged stage two — a multipurpose, $300 million stadium for tennis, netball, basketball and concerts — which could give South Australia a world-class venue and again be in the running for major tennis events. “I describe it as a beginning,” Pyne said ahead of turning a sod for stage one. “It’s the beginning, in my view, of a complete revitalisation of tennis in South Australia.” Pyne spoke about the importance of the rejuvenation of the riverbank and what a stage two development would mean for basketball and netball.......
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...l/news-story/a75ed5eaa7b66556482486cec2291343

lol, the Police got very stroppy with the SMA before our home game on the 21st.
  • SMA tried very late to remove a condition on the licence that restricts the sale of supply of liquor to 2 drinks per person after 8pm
  • SMA said the "rules were confusing about this" which the Police said they "do not consider the rules relating to the supply of liquor to be confusing in any way" and that "the conditions are nothing new compared to previous licences issued to the SMA or other events."
  • Police were "concerned at the lateness of the SMA's request" in seeking variations to the licence considering the event was "due to commence tomorrow on 21st April"
  • SMA then quietly went in their hole and said "okay no more than two drinks per person after three quarter time at the GDV"
  • Then from memory they just shut down the GDV from half-time anyway, lmao.
  • Police then asked for a copy of the licence to be sent to them after the event to which the gambling commissioner said no variations were made and the SMA proceeded with the original agreement (i.e they didn't get their ill fated licence changes through).

lol, the Police got very stroppy with the SMA before our home game on the 21st.
  • SMA tried very late to remove a condition on the licence that restricts the sale of supply of liquor to 2 drinks per person after 8pm
  • SMA said the "rules were confusing about this" which the Police said they "do not consider the rules relating to the supply of liquor to be confusing in any way" and that "the conditions are nothing new compared to previous licences issued to the SMA or other events."
  • Police were "concerned at the lateness of the SMA's request" in seeking variations to the licence considering the event was "due to commence tomorrow on 21st April"
  • SMA then quietly went in their hole and said "okay no more than two drinks per person after three quarter time at the GDV"
  • Then from memory they just shut down the GDV from half-time anyway, lmao.
  • Police then asked for a copy of the licence to be sent to them after the event to which the gambling commissioner said no variations were made and the SMA proceeded with the original agreement (i.e they didn't get their ill fated licence changes through).
Haha I dont remember that ever happening when we ran it on a temporary licence. Maybe all that whinging an complaining the SMA lodged when we tried to get a permanent licence has come back to bite the SMA on the arse. Karma is a beautiful thing sometimes.

I'm amazed that there wasn't any fanfare over the return of "The Shed", or did it not happen?
You could also go on the Adelaide board and do a search by - Shed. ;)

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You could also go on the Adelaide board and do a search by - Shed. ;)

Oh I did, and saw nothing...... hence the confusion. Given the articles that popped up earlier this year about how fans want "The Shed" back, I figured it was already planned out and was going to happen. Then again being the Crows board I figured there could have been an entire 3-part thread on the subject that got deleted by mods because "ewwwwww Port"

Back