Game Day Gameday vs the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Stengle much higher quality player. 2.5 goals, 3.5 tackles in the spoon side with shortened quarters. Better ball user, much more effective player. Rowe's ceiling looks a lot lower. Hopefully I'm wrong, but he's pretty much a finished product and there's not that much there. 100 game career type, like Mackay, but won't last as long.

View attachment 1099508
Stengle has kicked less than a goal a game, not sure where you get 2.5 from.

He's nowhere near a better player, and he's older Rowe too.

Thought this was interesting. It has zero effect on me because I get WatchAFL.

As of today: We have sent multiple inquiries to Fox and the AFL this week seeking the status of negotiations. Neither have responded. As we normally do, we send these messages to the programming and commercial departments, not the PR departments. When we don't get a response that usually means that either 1) they have no progress to report OR 2) it's bad news they don't want to share. As fans, we should now assume that no US coverage is forthcoming this year. It would be the first broadcast year since 1989 without some TV coverage via cable or satellite in the US. We encourage fans to use social media to let the AFL and Fox Sports US (not Foxtel Australia!) know that you are missing your footy. We advise using the WatchAFL links on our website (see below) to subscribe for a week or month at this stage. (Links on our site support what we do. If you subscribe from any link elsewhere, we do not get any support.) If nothing is heard from the AFL at the beginning of next week, we will dramatically escalate the pressure on the AFL.

Thought this was interesting. It has zero effect on me because I get WatchAFL.

As of today: We have sent multiple inquiries to Fox and the AFL this week seeking the status of negotiations. Neither have responded. As we normally do, we send these messages to the programming and commercial departments, not the PR departments. When we don't get a response that usually means that either 1) they have no progress to report OR 2) it's bad news they don't want to share. As fans, we should now assume that no US coverage is forthcoming this year. It would be the first broadcast year since 1989 without some TV coverage via cable or satellite in the US. We encourage fans to use social media to let the AFL and Fox Sports US (not Foxtel Australia!) know that you are missing your footy. We advise using the WatchAFL links on our website (see below) to subscribe for a week or month at this stage. (Links on our site support what we do. If you subscribe from any link elsewhere, we do not get any support.) If nothing is heard from the AFL at the beginning of next week, we will dramatically escalate the pressure on the AFL.
Have seen USAFL with concerns over this

I'd say Stengle is a better player in 2020 than Rowe is in 2021 but the hope is that Rowe will improve further which I'm confident he will. Rowe also gets the benefit of longer games and a functioning forward line/team which Stengle didn't get last year.

People forget Stengle is a pretty electric, dynamic player. I'm glad he is gone but he was no doubt an AFL quality player (briefly).
Stengle has kicked less than a goal a game, not sure where you get 2.5 from.

He's nowhere near a better player, and he's older Rowe too.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah Sloane out is the concern. He literally changed the momentum for us last week. Someone else needs to set the tone if it goes against us early.

Tex finished Sloane's brute force work. He simply dragged us back into that game, was totally awesome. But I don't care that he's out, I don't care if we win or lose. It's about seeing the kids develop and show signs that they're going to be worthwhile participants in a flag contending 22. If they have an off day then that's one out of four, no big deal.

Not nervous. We’d have to be diabolically bad to lose to North. We are still a young up and coming team with plenty to prove, so I think the chances of us not turning up and getting cocky are low.

I'd say Stengle is a better player in 2020 than Rowe is in 2021 but the hope is that Rowe will improve further which I'm confident he will. Rowe also gets the benefit of longer games and a functioning forward line/team which Stengle didn't get last year.

People forget Stengle is a pretty electric, dynamic player. I'm glad he is gone but he was no doubt an AFL quality player (briefly).

Stengle never played to the level he should have, and there's reasons for that. He may have more tricks in his kitbag but that's half the battle.

But even at SANFL level Rowey had the better record

Nervous but think we’ll get the job done

-Laird to pickup Sloanes slack in the midfield
- Sholl to dominate off HB
- Tex with another handful
- Rowe to kick 3 goals +

Adelaide by 37 after a tight first 10-12 mins when NM come out breathing fire after last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Campbell has replaced Josh Walker in North's side

Nervous but think we’ll get the job done

-Laird to pickup Sloanes slack in the midfield
- Sholl to dominate off HB
- Tex with another handful
- Rowe to kick 3 goals +

Adelaide by 37 after a tight first 10-12 mins when NM come out breathing fire after last week
Sholl has been playing off a wing.

Smith has been dominating across HB.

We need Schoenberg & Berry to play more midfield minutes along with Fogarty to cover Sloane. Hopefully they make the most of the opportunity with an eye to the future.

Stengle never reached great heights.

In a few games he showed he had the potential to become a consistent player... but was not there yet.

We have not lost much by replacing him with Rowe.

In a few games he showed he had the potential to become a consistent player... but was not there yet.

When you weigh in everything, its a positive upward replacement.

Its not who I wanted Rowe to replace though..

I’d rather Rowe replaced Murphy..

would love to have seen both Rowe and Stengle playing together..

oh well, hopefully we will soon see Rowe and newchurch..

Not nervous. We’d have to be diabolically bad to lose to North. We are still a young up and coming team with plenty to prove, so I think the chances of us not turning up and getting cocky are low.
If we lose today, I would rather us go out in 2021 in glory and tank our way all the way to grab Pick 1 again. :drunk:

Sunday afternoon footy at Marvel vs a wounded Roos

Will we continue our strong form? Or will NM come out fired up?

What do we want?

A strong win for one.

Hopefully Tex can kick a bag. Want him to win the Coleman. Would be a pure delight

Fog to play in the guts and use his size and win the hard ball

Butts to continue his development

Berry to get more CBA's with Sloane out and get 10 tackles

The side to keep showing signs of good ball movement with the pill and pressure the opponent when they have it. Simples

Crows by 25

The fact they have no Polec or Anderson helps us a lot too
I'd say that having no polec helps them..he has been awful

Its not who I wanted Rowe to replace though..

I’d rather Rowe replaced Murphy..

would love to have seen both Rowe and Stengle playing together..

oh well, hopefully we will soon see Rowe and newchurch..
Well you may as well give up on that dream as it's not happening.

Time to concentrate on the new breed....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back