Game Day Gameday vs the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Game was never in doubt ladies and gentlemen.......

First 2 quarters we dominated them, the last kick inside 50 was the issue which we addressed in the last quarter. The 3rd quarter we played like a basket case which is expected for a young team to be so inconsistent.
We got absolutely annihilated in the 2nd quarter too. Smashed in contested ball, clearances and Inside 50s. Lucky they weren't good enough to capitalise

People melting over people melting ( myself included).. game day thread probably not the best place to look for reasonable critique, personally , I love the passion

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't bother coming here during game day.

If I wanted to hear random insane rants, I'd listen to talk radio.

I think a lot of our blokes though this was going to be a parade after we kicked the first few. It took us to get behind before we switched on again.

Meanwhile, how was that little cheating prick trying to get North back in the game. He paid a dubious free in our F50. Then made a poor decision on the wing, then overruled the umpire in charge to pay a free against Doedee that wasn't there in their F50. Utter cheating. Should be dropped based on that passage alone.
I always find it’s better to come out strong and put the umpires out of the game. Just seems like umpires can do enough to halt a come from behind situation but harder for them to stop you when you’re in front.
I know this sounds obvious but if you’re playing interstate there’s usually a fair bit of bias with the umps.

you ont know the half of it, I watched Animal House yesterday like three times, I can quote Bluto’s speech at the end by heart, and it’s still the most inspirational speech I’ve ever heard

That is Senator Blutarsky to you sir

203C1240-36F9-4ED7-AC19-D7DC1808D134.jpeg

When he jumps out the Deathmobile at the end, and Dean Wormer just deadpans “oh my God”, cracks me up. Every. Time.

He must have had so much fun playing straight to that insanity.

the golf ball.
the horse Removal scene.
The Who is the worst house on campus speech.
the courtroom scene.

a hero can only be as good as the villain...

every gross-out comedy since then, is because of Animal House. Every slobs v snobs movie. Brought in 60 times what it cost to make. Made a star out of John Belushi. A *billion* quotable lines, even Rowie uses “0.0” on 5AA.

if you haven’t seen it, do yourself the favour and at the very least you’ll understand a bunch of movie references in the Simpsons. Hell, the whole “Homer goes to College” one is... yeah

and ask yourselves, “Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?”

I though Berrys tackle in our defensive 50 was textbook perfect and the North player spilled out the ball right at the end of the tackle illegally. The ump called play on and Phillips kicked his first AFL goal.

There was another Berry tackle in our forward 50 which stripped a player of the ball but was unrewarded, we got a free for something else though and Murphy got the goal.

We got reemed yesterday.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back