NTRabbit

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 1, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, 76ers, Royals
I remember what shipping was like before the Republicans started killing the USPS so they could finish privatising the entire system

Chief

Chugging Adrenochrome
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
Mars Attacks $35. Postage $35. After exchange rate: about $AU100.

Price at the shops here: about $100

Chief

Chugging Adrenochrome
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
All these Black Friday deals going begging for want of reasonable postage :( I have filled three or four more shopping carts to check prices but they all turn out not to be worth it.

Sublime

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 3, 2006
Here
AFL Club
Carlton
I picked up the UK Expansion for Ticket to Ride plus an Expansion for Dixit. Worked out to nearly exactly $89. Groovy.

Equus

????????????
Sep 22, 2007
#GoTiges
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure where to put this but Marche Board Game Cafe - 61 A'Beckett Street Melbourne is a .... board game cafe. Yet to check it out. I don't have many board gaming friends

Equus

????????????
Sep 22, 2007
#GoTiges
AFL Club
Richmond
Popped by over to Milsims in Boronia. Not open. Said they'll open after new years but yeah... maybe they couldnt pay the rent at Boronia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NTRabbit

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 1, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, 76ers, Royals
Their website is closed too, I think they might be goneski :(

Sublime

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 3, 2006
Here
AFL Club
Carlton
Not surprised. Their service was completely abysmal. Treated customers like crap.

Equus

????????????
Sep 22, 2007
#GoTiges
AFL Club
Richmond
Aren't they like the granddaddy of board gaming in Australia? Better keep an eye out for a liquidation sale. :)

Sublime

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 3, 2006
Here
AFL Club
Carlton
Would've been around for 20+ years. They used to be fantastic.

Then they made you feel bad for browsing in their store, orders took forever of never came and service got terrible.Such a shame.

Chief

Chugging Adrenochrome
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
Would've been around for 20+ years. They used to be fantastic.

Then they made you feel bad for browsing in their store, orders took forever of never came and service got terrible.Such a shame.
More like 30+?

Sublime

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 3, 2006
Here
AFL Club
Carlton
I think I got their catalogue when I was about 12. Has to be 30-35 years.
Shame it has turned out this way. Always had a fantastic range, and the service used to be so great.

Wonder if there was a change of owners or something in the past 5 years or so which is about when i noticed things weren't so great.

tehnoodnub

Team Captain
Dec 3, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Shame it has turned out this way. Always had a fantastic range, and the service used to be so great.

Wonder if there was a change of owners or something in the past 5 years or so which is about when i noticed things weren't so great.

I've never been a customer so I can't say with a high degree of certainty but I believe they did have a change in ownership about 2-3 years ago.

Andre

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Milsims went to s**t when they moved. Ordered (pay on ship, so not out of pocket) stuff for Christmas 2014 that they didn't have in stock and never did get to me. On holiday in Melbourne over Christmas/New Years this year and went to their new store. Stock was poor, a ton of games where they had expansions, but not the base game. Will keep an eye out for clearance stuff, but disappointing considering how good they were at their peak.

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Lakers | 49ers | SMC Gaels
I was wondering what was happening with Milsims. Tried to check a price on a game and the site had a 'down for maintenance' message. Was only then I noticed they'd moved to Boronia. A pity, as they were often the cheapest option.

Not that I went in there a lot, but when I did go in I found the staff there were on a par with KFC staff with helpfulness and customer relations.

Actually, that's an unfair thing to say ... about KFC staff. ;)