Games Shops and Online/Mail Order

Remove this Banner Ad

I really dislike the shopping cart software everyone seems to use - Joe Dodgy included.

Seems to be designed by the programmer rather than a UI designer.

I can't remember the name of it but I think it was originally released in the late '90s.

Sale at Milsims this weekend:

GIGANTIC WAREHOUSE SALE!!!

We've been promising a good old fashioned MilSims Warehouse Sale ever since we brought MilSims back - and here it is!

We have a MASSIVE pile of board games, card games, dice games, puzzles, CCG's, LCG's, CMG's and just about anything else you might find in a game store. And, it all needs to go!

EVERYTHING MUST GO! MASSIVE DISOUNTS! CRAZY PRICES!

Where:

At our new warehouse!
9 / 31-37 Howleys Rd
Notting Hill VIC 3168

When:
Saturday the 13th of August - 10am till 4pm
Sunday the 14th of August - 10am till 4pm

365 Games are doing some decent prices.

With the US postage rates skyrocketing, the UK is becoming a really good deal.

GBP33 + 3 postage:
http://www.365games.co.uk/strategy-board-games/quadropolis
= ~$65

$75-$90 elsewhere.

$5-$10 difference doesn't phase me for an individual game. But $25 you can't ignore.

Anyone have an idea where a good place to pre-order the next run of Scythe would be (due later this year)? Is the 'new' Milsims delivering on pre-orders?

Mil Sims is back up and running for those interested to know by the way.
I put in an order last week for something listed as a back order. Happened to drop in to the shop on the same day and mentioned I put an order in. The guy there was good enough to tell me that anything listed as a back order may not be possible to get. Related to how the previous owners left their database. So probably worth following up with them if you place a back order in the future; or maybe just contact them before submitting the order.

I put in an order last week for something listed as a back order. Happened to drop in to the shop on the same day and mentioned I put an order in. The guy there was good enough to tell me that anything listed as a back order may not be possible to get. Related to how the previous owners left their database. So probably worth following up with them if you place a back order in the future; or maybe just contact them before submitting the order.
Some good information! Appreciate it.

I get the feeling they know it isn't in their interest to dig out these faux back orders from their database. They have had months and months to run a few simple SQL queries. Avoid.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I emailed Milsims re the back order item and they got back to me pretty quickly (it's still available via their US distributor ... yay!). They commented about products showing as Back Order on the website:

The guys are right about a lot of products still showing as available for pre/backorder on the website. There was a lot of outdated information left up there by the previous owners and we still have a lot of work ahead of us individually updating each one!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With recent games purchases & Christmas gifts, I'm gonna hold off buying anything new (or at least try to). Of course, if something is going RIDICULOUSLY cheap... ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back